• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal Stages for the Gerudo King

What Starter Stage should be discussed first?

• Battlefield/Miiverse

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Smashville

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Final Destination

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Hello fellow Ganondorf players. I have noticed that there is no thread on Ganondorf's stage selection, so I have took it upon myself to make said thread.This thread is intended to inform Ganondorf players on what stages they should go to, as to avoid picking the wrong stage that could cost them the game. What are our ideal stages for Ganondorf? For reference, here is the usual stage selection for tournaments. I will add a general consensus for each stage as we go.

Color checklist:

Green- This is a stage that Ganondorf can depend on and will almost always be a good stage choice for optimal play.

Yellow- This is a stage that is neutral for Ganondorf but it can sometimes benefit him depending on the matchup.

White- This is a stage is absolutely neutral for Ganondorf. You are most likely banning this stage because it is your opponent's best stage. (Or, it is the filler color for stages not fully discussed yet.)

Orange- This stage is sometimes bad for Ganondorf but can be neutral depending on the matchup. You may want to ban these stages.

Red- This stage is bad for Ganondorf in most to all matchups, and it is reccomended that you ban these stages.

Stagelist:

Starter:
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination
Smashville

Starter or CounterPick (usually starter):
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

CounterPick:
Dreamland 64
Duck Hunt

CounterPick or Banned (usually banned):
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Seige

I have a poll created for which stage we will discuss first. The choices you have currently are Battlefield, Smashville, and Final Destination since they are practically guranteed to be starter stages. For the next week, feel free to talk about your opinion on any of the legal stages before we decide which starter stage we will discuss. Enjoy the discussion folks!

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
DL64 usually a CP? I thought it was a starter. Maybe the TOs at your local hate pineapple...

Honestly though BF is king, it helps deal with projectiles and has nicely sized platforms for comboing(also you can listen to Multi man melee 2 when you play).

FD is the worst because of projectiles.

Smashville is ok, and you can do this to some characters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i1zLHoAweM despite it being stupidly situational. It´s also harder to judge wizkick cancels because the ground has very few landmarks.

I think dream land is slightly worse than battlefield because the platforms are harder to combo from and wispy can throw off spacing.

Duck hunt is funny, hit lag on duck mixups and dark fisting tree huggers for days.

Town and City has weird blast zones, but I think that just helps ganon kill earlier, lotsa platforms but they´re too far away to be very helpful.

Lylat is actually not that bad, the tilting stops a lot of goofy zoning tactics from punks like robin.

In delfino you can snag people through the platforms and stomp them under water, but some of the walkoff areas can spell trouble against speedsters.

CS has tilting but never any useful platforms, transformation 2 is fun for no one

Halberd has the claw, ewwwww

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Battle Field is like a well-structured Play House for Ganon.
He can apply lots of pressure and mindgames when his opponent is standing on an above platform.
Lots of opportunities to AC Dair onto platforms, and the platforms help against projectiles in some MUs.

I'd personally avoid bringing Link and Bowser here, since they can camp pretty hard under platforms.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Battle Field is like a well-structured Play House for Ganon.
He can apply lots of pressure and mindgames when his opponent is standing on an above platform.
Lots of opportunities to AC Dair onto platforms, and the platforms help against projectiles in some MUs.

I'd personally avoid bringing Link and Bowser here, since they can camp pretty hard under platforms.
Link i get but Bowser?
Bowser is incredibly easy on BF, the platforms helps us way more than they help him.
Also on FD, i found there are some MUs where it's a bit better there, like Pikachu (Pikachu is way better than us on the platform heavy stages, i feel like we need space vs him so FD & T&C are good against him imo).

MrTacoKingSSBM

Smash Rookie
Halberd I feel is not that good of a pick for Ganondorf because it make doing offstage ganoncides (EZ wins) much more risk then reward because with halberds platform like surface the Ganoncide will not snap to ledge unless you space it extremely well and you cannot prolong the hitbox of flame choke by holding Down at the edge of the stage because you will go through it, this deprives you of one of you fear tactics. ( Ledge hop - flame choke ledge hop -flame choke etc. ) So yeah

Last edited:

Zam053

Smash Cadet
From my experiences, stages with a good amount of platforms are usually good for Ganon. From the starters, BF is the best (except on some MUs, like the already quoted Pikachu and heavy jugglers), with Smashville being somewhat good and FD only good on some MUs.

For CP, I think Lylat would give us the most advantages, since the tilting can **** zooners up badly by absorving the projectiles, has a good platform layout for comboing and we don't get a lot of trouble with the tilting (except for Choke follow-ups on some characters). DL 64 can work well too, but Wipsy can be torublesome (specially with our poor recovery) and there is always the risk of the UpKillers killing earliers (Ryu and Rosaluma being the worst offenders, since they are difficult MUs for Ganon).

From what I gathered for the 3DS version, not a lot changes. BF and DL still are the best ones, but Prism is a decent option due to some layouts (especially 3), but the plataform is pretty ******** in my opinion. Yoshi's is good too, since it is a stage that grant us a good juggling, the angled edges can help us setup Ganoncides and the plataform can save us sometimes. I would put BF > DL > Yoshi's > Prism > Duck Hunt/Omega Willy (if it is used instead of DL) > FD. Notice that this order is for general purposes, with certain MUs swifting the order.

Top Bottom