• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal secondaries for Mario?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Just wondering what the perfect secondary for Mario would be.
It don't think it's Luigi

And no MK's. We already know what that ***** can do.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Sonic is usually better than Mario in certain matchups where FLUDD and cape won't do much to stop the opponent from recovering or ruin the opponent's approaches, so he's worth looking into. He's also low tier like Mario is.

If you hate Sonic, then maybe you could try using Ganondorf or Link.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Or you could just pick up a high/top tier character and pwn Dedede with them.

I mean... Sonic? Ganon? Link? Really? Terrible. An ideal secondary - especially for low tier mains - should be pretty high up on the tier list.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I actually think Falco would benefit Mario well. Or maybe the IC's. (both do well against D3)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Kirby...since he beats D3. Mario doesn't really need help aside from that. Nobody does well vs MK, and G&W/Snake aren't even that bad anymore.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
<-- Samus, Peach, Diddy Kong =x
You second Diddy now?

What does Kirby have on D3? (Im not puffball savvy)
He doesn't get CG'd, IIRC. That's all you really need to counter D3. He's not really all that great without it.

Aside from that, Kirby's Fsmash kills pretty low and Kirby combos him well. The only person that does better than Kirby are the ICs.

My secondaries are Pit and Sonic btw.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
My secondaries are Luigi and Fox.

Luigi against Snakes and Metaknights.
Fox against Snakes, Metaknights, and DDD..

Depending on the CP and the person I'm playing is when I decide which secondary to use, I always go Mario first round though.

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
May I suggest Falco as a secondary. He cg's nearly half the roster for free damage, u can spam projectiles like fireballs, and very adaptable character like mario. The only bad thing is he has bad recovery as all spacies do. As for me I use bowser as a secondary. He has great grab release game and he's too cute^_^

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I second Falco, Diddy and Ike. (In that order)

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
My other mains are Ness, Marth and Luigi in that order

Ness for the power in his PK Thunder and Back Throw, along with good combos from PK Fire.

Marth, my only high-tier main, for good combos, counter, and the hard-to-hit-tipper-but-worth-it sword.

Luigi cause of his high powered U-b (if hit right) and F-Smash, Cyclone for playing catch-up and a few combos, and for having the best win pose ever *bang bang*.

But hey don't let them 3 take away my passion of using Mario, my No.1 main. Fludd and the Cape owns all for people who uses him to the max :p.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I second G&W, ROB, and Ganondorf.

G&W and ROB both do very well against DDD. My Ganondorf does better against other G&Ws than my other used characters (not that the matchup is THAT good for him, it's just he doesn't get ***** completely and I find it fun).

But seriously? Secondaries are stupid for Mario. Unless you're Boss who ***** as teh Mario Bros. =D

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Coulda swore this kinds of thread died lol. But w/e. I'm like Boss... if I lose with Mario.. I go luigi.. vice versa... but other wise for d3, i just go diddy kong and marth

Everyone else... is mehish I can deal with them well maybe except for elite marths who love to tip alot lolol.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
But seriously? Secondaries are stupid for Mario. Unless you're Boss who ***** as teh Mario Bros. =D
Yeah well I'm not good enough to **** eveyone with Mario, but I swear I'm praticing every day :lick:.

If by any odd chance that Mario fails me (and god hope that will never happen) I'll just use my other mains for a while.

Top Bottom