• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea: Remake The Classic Sets

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I dunno if anyone else still gets nostalgic and looks up old popular sets on youtube on occasion. But if you do you probably notice that until around 2007 the quality is garbage, and compared to what we have now it's like, worse than garbage. The farther back you go the worse it gets (obviously).

So, here comes my idea, and I want to preface it further with, I do not have the resources or knowledge / capabilities to do this so I'm hoping this sparks some interest in the community.

What if modders / TAS'ers took these footages and attempted to remake the videos using AR (or whatever the modern software is if it's changed), thus having high quality remakes of the old classics. This would obviously be a pretty big undertaking, given the amount of footage available, but focusing on the more important sets / matches / crew battles would help narrow the scope to something slightly more feasible.

Not only would this be helpful for anyone who's feeling nostalgic, but for anyone who plans on using footage for "history of ..." or documentary style videos would have much more eye-catching material available to them.

Just my two cents, tl;dr we should remaster melee's history with robots and ****.

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Yea TAS is so time intensive.

You'd have to study the footage frame by frame and then duplicate that as you go. Pretty much like stop motion but without the creativity. Perhaps in the future a program could be made to interpret movements and inputs from a video and remap it again.

BUT I'm 100% sure if someone started a kickstarter or Patreon for this kind of thing that it would be successful and popular. But spending like 60+ hours per set doing this for free is something I wouldn't do. Whoa....this is actually a viable idea, get Scrumpy on it I'm too lazy.

Top Bottom