• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea..... Gulf Coast Tourney

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I think we should have a tourney for all the best smash players in louisiana mississippi and alabama....

Mississippi would be the ideal place to hold it because its a nice middleground

We could have a tournament of some format and a state crew battle between the 3 states.....

anyone in MS interested in hosting a tourney???

Again just an idea, i dont have any ability to host a tournament or really know anyone just throwing this out there

the sec is the bect confrece in colledge football y cant we be the best in smash

Souteastern Smash SES we have to show the rest of the country y the south is the best at everything

3GOD

Smash Ace
Well I think that a good place to host this would be the Jackson, MS area. You can probably get all of MS (only 4 of us really that still play:)) and a lot of LA and AL as well as maybe some people from Memphis and North FL to attend.

Shai Hulud lives in Madison (near Jackson), so maybe he can find a good venue.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Jackson is a terrible location for a tournament. Here's why--

1.5 hours from Starkville
2.5 hours from Tupelo
3 hours from New Orleans
3 hours from Baton Rouge
3 hours from Memphis
3 hours from Biloxi
3 hours from Tuscaloosa
4 hours from Mobile
4 hours from Pensacola
5 hours from Huntsville

No one would come that far for a small tournament. I don't think even the semi-retired Starkville/Tupelo kids could be bothered to make it. It would end up being me, 3GOD, NES n00b, and maybe 3 - 5 other people who came out of good sportsmanship.

Top Bottom