• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea for cool addition to Bowser

Jonny Wolf

Smash Rookie
A thought I had; They can switch the inputs for bowser claw and flame breath, and allow Bowser to slowly walk forward while using flame breath.

Would be good for controlling space. They can adjust other variables too, like range and intensity depending on if your moving or not, as well as weather the flame holds the enemy down or pushes them forward. If you consider all of that, there's a lot of different ways they can go with it.

Either way, I think it'd be pretty bad ass, and seems like it would function well also.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Why would they have to switch the inputs for that? I kinda like the idea though.

iode

Smash Cadet
Just because it's a B attack doesn't mean it can't be used without having to stop fully. Think about Falco's laser, Falco can be moving and also laser at the same time. I think the move mapping is fine the way it is, especially considering it's easier to influence the direction of the Koopa Claw with it as side B without having to be super technical with tapping a direction a few milliseconds before pressing B to change direction.

Jonny Wolf

Smash Rookie
I'll concede that point then. But it'd still be really cool to see this. I think it would fit thematically for Bowser. It'd make a very menacing attack, to have him close in on you while engulfing you in flames, or to have him push you to the ledge, or into a corner with them.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Just because it's a B attack doesn't mean it can't be used without having to stop fully. Think about Falco's laser, Falco can be moving and also laser at the same time. I think the move mapping is fine the way it is, especially considering it's easier to influence the direction of the Koopa Claw with it as side B without having to be super technical with tapping a direction a few milliseconds before pressing B to change direction.
Not to mention that it's almost always used by flamecancelling it.

Scythe

Smash Master
it beats every recovery and never completely fades away so you don't need to time it.

S21urcle

Smash Rookie
As a Boozer main, making him able to move while flaming would literally make him one of the best characters in the game. He already has an amazing edge-guarding game, delicious meaty attacks that are quite fast AND have an armor based system tied to them. Each of his B moves have a multitude of uses so adding a walking flame-breath to his arsenal would be the same as giving him a projectile, and Boozer doesn't like to play like that. He'd rather stomp up to you and f-tilt your face in or rocket into the air and f-air you in half.

Honestly I think Bowser is perfect the way he is. He has his flaws but a player who can read their opponents well and make use of his armor will see great results, and I'm sure Gimpy can agree with me on that part.

Though I do wish I could see his hitbox data on his side-b, as I sometimes activate Ike's counter with it when I mean to grab him.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
i have a few ideas if this is talking about adding things to bowser in general. with fire having him able to turn around while using it so he's not helpless if you mess up. i was gonna say a u throw and a d throw to his side b too but his regular headbutt thing already seems like a u throw :/ but i think with a d throw it could make them stuck in the ground like dk's side b. but that might be a bit too much considering bowsers kill power :3

but if we dont want things that make him better and just little things maybe a couple new colors i guess might be cool. like purple maybe? or maybe some kind of taunt thing like with warios d air. when you hold taunt he farts and peaches hearts with her side b. maybe something like that with bowser but i cant think of anything specific :p

geno

Smash Apprentice
So... On the topic of throws... FOR THE LOVE OF GLOB, can we please do something about the Mighty King of Koopas' dthrow? T_T *sniffle*

Up throw? Beast!
Forward? Awesome!
Back? Domination!
Down throw? Inevitable mockery and snide remarks about Bowser's life decisions.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so a cool little think i just thought of is that if you can somehow make a little fire animation in his up b that might be cool. but like one of those taunt things. like with warios dair if you hold taunt he farts. it can be similar with this. if you hold taunt bits of fire start coming out. idk just a little thing that might be interesting

Top Bottom