• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea: Brawl +/- Smash Boards Community Collab. Hack Pack

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone! I've been absent from the Brawl hacking scene for a long time now, so I need to catch up on recent developments... I've been reading lots of threads, but I don't have as much time to think about all this as I used to, since I'm in the middle of job training right now (seven hours a day, five days a week).

Anyhow, what I'm thinking is that there are a LOT of awesome new hacks out there now, but they're spread out over a wide area. Smash fans like myself who don't have the time to gather all the best hacks into one place are missing out on current developments. So, I suggest that we all work together to form the "Smash Boards Community Collaborative Hack Pack!" Or something like that (that name is a mouthful). I'd like to see one made for Brawl+ first, but Brawl- deserves a pack of its own, too... In due time, perhaps? I'm betting Project: Melee is going to have a great pack of its own right off the bat, when it is finally released.

So, this hack pack for Brawl+... It doesn't have to have everything, like character textures, character replacements, custom music, or custom animations. As great as those things are, I think it's mainly the new stages that more Smash fans need to experience!

It shouldn't be too hard to do... The codeset would be the most current Brawl+ set... This wouldn't take that long if we just decided on the best stages only. I believe Eternal Yoshi has a code now that lets us have upwards of 60 stages...?

I'm just checking to see if there's any interest in a project like this right now. For all I know, there might already be a similar pack out there. Please let me know if there is.

Basically, I would like to see a "Community Favorite" Brawl+ hack pack with all the greatest stages, old and new. I especially want to Brawl on the classic Melee and 64 stages like the ones Mewtwo2000 has made!

I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone else wants to see something like this created. :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
People can (and should) replace their own textures and stages. They don't need other people forcing their opinions down their throats.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
People can (and should) replace their own textures and stages. They don't need other people forcing their opinions down their throats.
I'm actually kind of interested in this. You can insert and take out what you want to, and I think it would be nice to have a pre-done compilation of popular hacks to those new to Brawl hacking.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
You can insert and take out what you want to, and I think it would be nice to have a pre-done compilation of popular hacks to those new to Brawl hacking.
Exactly. All of my friends who play Smash Bros. work full time jobs, and don't have the time to learn how to hack Brawl. I'll have such a job soon as well. A pre-made hack pack with all the best stages would be great for people with severe time constraints.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Hey! I am very very interested in helping out with this!

I have personally been having problems getting Mewtwo2000's STG Custom Pack 2 to work on my wii. I keep getting that darn freezing thing at the stage menu, haha. But I keep realizing something, Everytime I come back to brawl I either come back and the hacking community has evolved to a point to where I have to relearn everything and gather the best stages and brawl+, brawl-, and project melee updates, but what if there was a thread where it had all the solutions for people wanting to get back in the groove like me and I don't have time to learn all the jibjab and tutorials?

I don't have time to learn all this stuff and I want a solid solution to some good quality hacks like you I am sure. Some of us have jobs and want to not spend all day looking for stuff and learning how to hack and do all the fancy stuff.

Yeah, we def need some premade SD card downloads with vBrawl, Brawl+, Brawl-, and even eventually the Project Melee when that is finally said and done. I know for a fact melee vets are going to pick Project Melee up and they are going to want the best stages up and ready for their wii, but guess what? They haven't been fooling around with hacks like alot of us Brawl players most likely. They need a solution.

I could see us also providing links to Brawlvault and maybe even tutorials to certain things.

I am TOTALLY up for helping out with this. You keep seeing these map packs with added textures that are rediculous and random and unorganized and just...honestly not very appealing. Things like Mewtwo2000's second map pack is a good start, and we could possibly offer up different map packs or other little things, I dunno, discuss?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Okay, so if we were to do this, we'd need a few things set up.

First of all, anything like this would need the whole stage expansions with maxed out SSSs.

Then, we'd need to select the stages. Preferably as few "flat" stages as possible. You know the ones I'm talking about, basically they import a single model, and the stage is just one single flat plane, usually with walkoffs. For the most part, stages we include should be interesting gameplay-wise, such as Poké Floats 2 among others.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
You're welcome to use this as a base for the stage expansion: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0 It adds one less than as many stages as possible (this way, both SSS screens can have their own layouts).
You'll want to stick to the Gecko+Brawl version as your base, though. Riivolution is confusing to a lot of people, and P:M isn't done. (You can leave Riivolution support in; just have it do the same thing as Gecko - the Gecko+Brawl pack does this.)

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Hmm...the classic stage pack looks interesting. We could possibly offer up premade sd packs with different stage expansions for people interested in different things. We need to make this as simple as possible.

I could imagine the listing being something like this?

*Includes Icons*

Vanilla Brawl with (X pack 1)

Vanilla Brawl with (Mewtwo2000's pack)

Vanilla Brawl with (Classic Pack)

Brawl+ with (X pack 1)

Brawl+ with (Mewtwo2000's pack)

Brawl+ with (Classic Pack)

Project Melee with (X pack 1)

Project Melee with (Mewtwo2000's pack)

Project Melee with (Classic Pack)

Obviously it would be more robust and have more options and explanations than just that, but this is just a thought and an example of what I am talking about. I want easy click copy and paste solutions for people who just want to jump in and play with good quality premade packs with little effort. I don't want just one collaborative pack that everyone has to download that this thread has decided on. I want them to be able to choose what they want to download from a list of good choices.

We could also list custom brstm packs that people have made and links to download sites such as brawlvault.

I found very little if any easy solutions to things like this. I had to do it all myself, and if I thought about trying out a stage pack, they would be random selections from Brawlvault jumbled in together and it wasn't appealing at all.

I was thinking of this as being the simple and easy guide for getting things in Brawl for simple minded people, people who don't have the time to worry about figuring it out, and just want to jump in and play.

Top Bottom