• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea: 1+ Character in Roster

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
Ready...

Step 1: Bowser gets new special (not transformation)
for now lets just say fire breathe

Step 2: use independent or individually selected Pokemon

Step 3: Select Giga Bowser through Pokemon Trainer Slot

You're Done!

[COLLAPSE="Q&A"]
Some Guy: That`s a waste of slots
The Reply: wasn't the original clone engine able to support different .pacs but just one fit
Some Guy: Okay I see what you mean, the other 4 slots in pokemon trainer link to the other .pacs
The Reply: yeah one fit, five .pacs, and new character
The Reply: also how easy would it be to get bowser model on giga
Some Guy: don't know but I think there's a killable bowser PSA somewhere
The Reply: Yeah thought of that
The Reply: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247073
The Reply: there's the

The Reply: PSA Character Submission Topic v2
[/COLLAPSE]

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't really follow what you're getting at here and the Q&A makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know if this is a joke but if I'm interpreting this correctly (assuming there's a way to interpret it period, seriously, the steps you list barely fit together at all) you think that you can somehow get more character slots by replacing independent pokemon. That's not how the game works. All the independent PT pokemon code does is allow you to access each pokemon individually through the CSS. It links back to the same files you would access through the PT slot, so there are no duplicate files to replace.

On a more general note, looking through the threads you've created you seem pretty adamant about finding the Clone Engine. Let me assure you the strange work-arounds you're trying to use to accomplish this will never work. The only people who really have a chance of getting it to work are either 1) Dantarion 2)Phantom Wings or 3) The PMBR, and none of them are devoting their ASM wizardry to it right now. Not to sound like a buzz-kill, but you're better off giving up and waiting for one of those three to complete it, as the amount of time needed to have the level of expertise any one of them have probably would be more than you're willing to put forth (not an insult, just reality, all of them have been at it for years now).

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
I don't really follow what you're getting at here and the Q&A makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know if this is a joke but if I'm interpreting this correctly (assuming there's a way to interpret it period, seriously, the steps you list barely fit together at all) you think that you can somehow get more character slots by replacing independent pokemon. That's not how the game works. All the independent PT pokemon code does is allow you to access each pokemon individually through the CSS. It links back to the same files you would access through the PT slot, so there are no duplicate files to replace.

On a more general note, looking through the threads you've created you seem pretty adamant about finding the Clone Engine. Let me assure you the strange work-arounds you're trying to use to accomplish this will never work. The only people who really have a chance of getting it to work are either 1) Dantarion 2)Phantom Wings or 3) The PMBR, and none of them are devoting their ASM wizardry to it right now. Not to sound like a buzz-kill, but you're better off giving up and waiting for one of those three to complete it, as the amount of time needed to have the level of expertise any one of them have probably would be more than you're willing to put forth (not an insult, just reality, all of them have been at it for years now).
I thought the Q&A would be funny actually
but yes I am aware of such
and I'm not angry
I am not claiming to want it as much as learning assembly, Ppc I think
I just want to work with what we have, ch#t
I don't have enough time to learn ASM

It links back to the same files you would access through the PT slot,
even Pokemon trainer himself not Ivysaur Charizard Squirtle

Pokemon trainer <-- This one
Ivysaur
Charizard
Squirtle

I figured PT loaded that file only, I guess
I should have started a crazy ideas to solve complicated problem thread
;put a all my ideas in there

I'm a pretty logical guy, I have a wife and a child and I love Smash Brothers
I just want to create things and ideas
I never meant for it to become vexing

anyways this thread isn't about philosophy
I don't have time to try any of this
but I believe there is an ocarina code for character costume replacement
I assumed could work on PT alone

I encourage anyone to tell me I can't do something
just give me reasons.
you did
you're pretty kool I like you man
but yes
nothing has worked so far

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Pokemon trainer and his pokemon all share the same rel file. That's one of the things hindering your idea as well. Any added character will need to have its own copy of every file a character normally has.

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
[Pokemon Trainer=Giga Bowser 'Q=0'] Character/Costume Replacement (All) by spunit262
80000000 90180B48
80000001 90180BF8
60000003 00000000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF1B00
4A001001 00000000
38000004 FF000000
10000000 0000002C
100003C5 00000000
E0000000 80008000
86000000 00000004
86000001 0000005C
62000000 00000000

This is what I meant this only replaces the first costume
Maybe it would be smarter to use "Character Replacement (All)"

I've been reading that you can't put none, and even so I believe it would load an alternative file for every character slot

Alternate File Data
0657A000 ????????
XXXXXXXX YY00E27B
ZZZZAAAA 00000000

?: 10 multiplied by the amount of alternate files you wish to have active. For example, 5 alternate files '00000050' (count in hex. E.g. 80, 90, A0, B0... F0, 100.)
X: Giga Bowser 6B6F6F70
Y: Pokémon Trainer 1B
Z: None 0000
A: /lm/ 6C6D

The point is to link pokemon trainer (not Squirtle, Char, and Ivysaur)
to load Giga Bowser
This is simple enough

But then to load different Costumes
I thought that "Alternate File Loader v2.2 [Almas]" could help with that

Does anyone know what happens if you use
"Character/Costume Replacement (All) by spunit262"
to link to a non existing character costume
(If you had that file on your SD card)
will an error occur because it is not on the disc
[I figured it would check the SD card first]

I'm using
Nel Tu v0.5
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18036

------------------------------------------------------------

either way, I don't know why the PT slot is never used
it would be the best for placing the alloys Wario and Giga
if you were to place them
Hey wait I'll Add that to my project duh

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
Just decompile them
This is something I do know, lol
They constantly refer to other modules
.rel ("relocate") I guess
they are written in ASM, I think I read PPC ASM
and its my assumption that they control file size limits too
I believe its hard to edit them because they call back to themselves so inserting codes will make them crash, (beginning or end)

too bad we can't just use a modules the game could do without and write code from there
don't know good it might do but it means contol

Top Bottom