• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

debaser

Smash Lord
This one time, I was passing Idaho walking down the street, I went for the customary head nod and the **** totally whiffed me. What the hell

**** you, Idaho.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Thats a **** good falco, but that Thai kid's Marth is worse than mine before I met any of you. (No U and Fro excluded cause I've known them for almost a year)
HAHAHAHA what? dude your marth sucks because you make no effort to get good, i bet if you played the marth from the vid you wouldn't get more that 20 on him the entire match

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
No actually my first is french, then basque, then spanish... then english. And it's still better than yours :D Why you still here man, hanging out just to prove some kind of point? Or hey, shall we find another meaningless argument to engage in? Ooo i know, lets ban Snake guys. Thatll rattle their cage. Or hey, I voted for Obama OoooOOOo and Idaho is always Republican x.x!!!

WHO GIVES A F*@&!

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
I just realized i dont even play Brawl enough to care about this ban lol. Tbh i never noticed these uber advantages MK had tho. Took me about a week or two to be skilled with any character in brawl as opposed to months of diligent practice with melee. So basically I stick with my previous argument that this game isnt worth this much consideration :laugh:

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHAHA what? dude your marth sucks because you make no effort to get good, i bet if you played the marth from the vid you wouldn't get more that 20 on him the entire match
I'd like to turn this one over to Nuttz for his opinion on the matter, then you can run it by No U who will take your side (BC), then I'll everyone will stop caring as if anyone did in the first place.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Kaleo, don't get so defensive. Don't think or say you are better than someone you haven't played, especially if you haven't played them. Thats why BC freaked out. You are getting better, but you need to listen to us just a little more. It can be a little our faul t because sometimes we get lazy when we play. You still aren't quite there. Remember the things we try to tell you with marth, and Just 10-20 minutes a day will get you so much better. tech skill tech skill. Are you getting better at l canceling? Also, your smash club, maybe do some tech skill stuff there. PERFECT PLACE. Dedicate at least ONE tv for practice. Read up on marth, and go with it. Find the combos that work, practice with the combos, get your spacing right, compensate with DI on combos with the higher levels, don't practice against the lvl 9's, figure out when you can start moving after landing an l-canceled aerial, or after any ground attack. Its easier said than done, and no one really has that completely down except the top pros.

and if its really forward in the vid, BC is right....because....a. those vids were friendlies not tourney...and b. forward would **** anyone here...

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
C. taj is one of the best players in the US and 4 stocked me in tourney, and considering i can 4 stock you i think you can guess what would happen if you played him.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
that was tai...not taj....and you've played taj...dang bc....when was that? when you went to arizona with yamer?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
A spectacular way to ***** over a game, grats. I hope you gave the guys who ultimately consented to PASS the ban as much crap. If knuttz had an inclination to propose the ban, whether wrong in his conviction or not, he did so of his own volition and not Idaho's as a whole- so step off.
I haven't attacked knuttz, or anyone really, unless you think throw-away jokes amount to a real "attack," so I don't know where this is coming from. If anything he's been the most thoughtful about my challenging the ban than anyone else, and is the one stepping up to actually answer me instead of other people complaining that someone has dared to question the ban.

How about you stop attacking period and figure out a way to prove MK is legit and unban him if he's so d@mn important to you all.
Ever heard of something called burden of proof? It's on the people who make the assertion. If you read my previous post, I say pretty clearly that I intend to attack the argument and not the conclusion.

Ban argument rebuttal:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6046140&postcount=22

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Kaleo, don't get so defensive. Don't think or say you are better than someone you haven't played, especially if you haven't played them. Thats why BC freaked out. You are getting better, but you need to listen to us just a little more. It can be a little our faul t because sometimes we get lazy when we play. You still aren't quite there. Remember the things we try to tell you with marth, and Just 10-20 minutes a day will get you so much better. tech skill tech skill. Are you getting better at l canceling? Also, your smash club, maybe do some tech skill stuff there. PERFECT PLACE. Dedicate at least ONE tv for practice. Read up on marth, and go with it. Find the combos that work, practice with the combos, get your spacing right, compensate with DI on combos with the higher levels, don't practice against the lvl 9's, figure out when you can start moving after landing an l-canceled aerial, or after any ground attack. Its easier said than done, and no one really has that completely down except the top pros.

and if its really forward in the vid, BC is right....because....a. those vids were friendlies not tourney...and b. forward would **** anyone here...
I didn't say the player (tai) was worse than me, I do doubt that if they can play foreward (who's insane). I said the marth in THAT PARTICULAR VIDEO, I was noticing a lot of mistakes were being made, and foreward is someone you can't make mistakes around.

we should play some time, cause I am practicing daily now (something I haven't done in two years)

By the way, BC I hope you're watching Foreward, and other spacie players instead of just telling us lower downs to be watching and learning, what good does it do anyone if our few compitition level players aren't growing.

QraQ

Smash Ace
I haven't attacked knuttz, or anyone really, unless you think throw-away jokes amount to a real "attack," so I don't know where this is coming from. If anything he's been the most thoughtful about my challenging the ban than anyone else, and is the one stepping up to actually answer me instead of other people complaining that someone has dared to question the ban.

Ever heard of something called burden of proof? It's on the people who make the assertion. If you read my previous post, I say pretty clearly that I intend to attack the argument and not the conclusion.

Ban argument rebuttal:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6046140&postcount=22
Burden of proof?! Are you kidding me?
It's on the person to convey their proof to who they want if anyone at all. Someone can make a claim and not have to back it up, knuttz just chose to.
The one's doing the attacking shouldn't expect an answer but merely hope for one.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace
HyugaRicdeau and Brdy both do a great job at discussing the rebuttal in the post...vs. everyone else just flaming.

Whats happening is that everyone wants to know why we did what we did, and if we don't have a "good" enough reason, its dumb....while others here want to know why we shouldn't have banned MK, and if the reasons why we shouldn't make more sense than our reasons why, or our reasons why are completely flawed, then we will reconsider. Everyone has a reason for doing something...deciding to share is another story.(even though sharing why will help people understand vs. assume)

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I didn't say the player (tai) was worse than me, I do doubt that if they can play foreward (who's insane). I said the marth in THAT PARTICULAR VIDEO, I was noticing a lot of mistakes were being made, and foreward is someone you can't make mistakes around.
I saw every vid and he never made enough mistakes to for you to be able to play on his level

By the way, BC I hope you're watching Foreward, and other spacie players instead of just telling us lower downs to be watching and learning, what good does it do anyone if our few compitition level players aren't growing.
WOW really you think i just happen to be better than you without going through the exact same **** i tell you to do? Think about it there's pretty much no way i would learned to play the way i play now without watching vids and lots of practice.

pockyD

Smash Legend
It's on the person to convey their proof to who they want if anyone at all. Someone can make a claim and not have to back it up, knuttz just chose to.
The one's doing the attacking shouldn't expect an answer but merely hope for one.
did you make it out of elementary school?

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I saw every vid and he never made enough mistakes to for you to be able to play on his level

WOW really you think i just happen to be better than you without going through the exact same **** i tell you to do? Think about it there's pretty much no way i would learned to play the way i play now without watching vids and lots of practice.
haha, now I'm just messing with you cause you get so defensive and opinionated over nothing. Accept the fact that i'm good, not great, amazing, or godly, but non the less good. I gunna be honest, I don't really want to be at your level or higher if it comes with such an annoying ego

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283

-QraQ
Sure, you're "allowed" to make a claim without providing evidence for it, but demanding other people respect it is another thing entirely. An assertion/opinion is only to be respected to the extent that it can be backed up with evidence and logic. It's not an exaggeration to call this the fundamental rule of debate. If you just want to live in your own world where nobody questions your beliefs and you don't have to subject them to critical thought, perhaps religious cults are for you.

Miles.

Smash Champion
did you make it out of elementary school?
Get *****.

Sure, you're "allowed" to make a claim without providing evidence for it, but demanding other people respect it is another thing entirely. An assertion/opinion is only to be respected to the extent that it can be backed up with evidence and logic. It's not an exaggeration to call this the fundamental rule of debate. If you just want to live in your own world where nobody questions your beliefs and you don't have to subject them to critical thought, perhaps religious cults are for you.
This is not entirely true Sheridan, you are also forgetting the value of doing things IRL. In real life one merely needs to say something loud enough or repeat themselves enough times until what they are saying becomes fact. You dont need logic or facts when you can just shake fist and yell.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Thats a **** good falco, but that Thai kid's Marth is worse than mine before I met any of you. (No U and Fro excluded cause I've known them for almost a year)
haha, now I'm just messing with you cause you get so defensive and opinionated over nothing. Accept the fact that i'm good, not great, amazing, or godly, but non the less good. I gunna be honest, I don't really want to be at your level or higher if it comes with such an annoying ego

we should play some time, cause I am practicing daily now (something I haven't done in two years)

I'd like to turn this one over to Nuttz for his opinion on the matter, then you can run it by No U who will take your side (BC), then I'll everyone will stop caring as if anyone did in the first place.

Other thoughts on this topic:
Lol California
QraQ=Godlike troll
<3 Hyuga

Summary: Metaknight is too good.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice

Other thoughts on this topic:
Lol California
QraQ=Godlike troll
<3 Hyuga

Summary: Metaknight is too good.
haha, sorry, probly shoulda left you outa that, just lately your acting a lot like BC (and your gettting much better at smash....hmmmm.....)

I just reviewed this some more vids cause I had the extra time, it seems the vid i saw he just sucked...he's actually pretty good, but every time he got hit in the last two i watched he was acting like barron's marth and overduing the tech skill (i.e. dashdancing for no apparent reason and getting kneed in the back)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
"Last edited by Kaleo42; Today at 03:58 PM. Reason: saw what BC was actually talking about, his attitude is still annoying though "

sneaky....

gnosis

Smash Lord
Accept the fact that i'm good, not great, amazing, or godly, but non the less good. I gunna be honest, I don't really want to be at your level or higher if it comes with such an annoying ego
Man, aint nobody good in Idaho, we don't have anything to get an ego over. BC was just saying you have even less ground to stand on than we do, so don't say random OOS players are bad because you saw 1 or 2 vids. How's that offensive or whatever?

ehhh nvm looks like im kinda late to this shindig

edit: And by 'we' up there I mean Idaho's 'good'/ranked players... the people that have been around for a while, etc. Although I'm not ranked anymore :/

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Man, aint nobody good in Idaho, we don't have anything to get an ego over. BC was just saying you have even less ground to stand on than we do, so don't say random OOS players are bad because you saw 1 or 2 vids. How's that offensive or whatever?

ehhh nvm looks like im kinda late to this shindig

edit: And by 'we' up there I mean Idaho's 'good'/ranked players... the people that have been around for a while, etc. Although I'm not ranked anymore :/
Yea I agree with you about the "good" part. You haven't seen how he's treated me here in town though, I bet you'd understand why I'm annoyed if you lived in or close to Boise.

HAHA, nice catch Nuttz, leave it to you to notice. I didn't mean to hide that, but after I saw how small the edit text was I thought it was kinda funny and left it like that.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
its cause you N. Idaho. and that you chokeon huge **** in tourney gnosis or should i say...33......cause if we are close to even in friendlies....what does that say? (sheik vs. jiggz)...you probably should be ranked....just like qraq..but...qraq is OOC...come jan/feb..there should be an idaho ranking tourney...

..btw...the 5th spot is open in brawl....who wants it....Gnosis? yeah...you want it huh?

also for pr...should we inclue N. idaho and e. idaho? cause chexican is up there...i want to see chexican and kinx or lemon play...kinx...lemon...why dont you post anymore....

anyway,..bc you should make plans to come back to boise one day when you are on break...stay at my place...with chex and yamer...i want him to beat my *** again in smash...

No U

Smash Journeyman
I AM BASING MY DEFINITION OF GOOD ON THE OVERALL POPULATION OF ANYBODY WHO HAS EVER PLAYED SSB BEFORE WHILE OTHERS ARE BASING THEIR DEFINITIONS OF GOOD ON PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY PLAY COMPETITIVELY.

EXCEPT WHEN I THINK THAT I CAN STAND A CHANCE AGAINST PEOPLE WHO STAND A CHANCE AGAINST FORWARD. NOT ENTIRELY SURE WHAT'S GOING THROUGH MY HEAD THEN, HONESTLY.

ALSO, BAAAAAWWWWW DON'T BE MEAN GUYS
And now, a funny video to make up for how mean I am. :bee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Anyways, what's everybody's holiday plans? How many people are going to be able to smash this wonderful Christmas Break?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
WOW dude you are the most annoying person i have ever met, I don't have an ego at all i know im not good i know not one person in Idaho can be called great, amazing, or godly or even good so what the hell makes you think that you are good? **** you make me so mad!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I agree with you about the "good" part. You haven't seen how he's treated me here in town though, I bet you'd understand why I'm annoyed if you lived in or close to Boise.

HAHA, nice catch Nuttz, leave it to you to notice. I didn't mean to hide that, but after I saw how small the edit text was I thought it was kinda funny and left it like that.
You know why i say that **** to you? It's because every time you lose its because you did bad or you didn't try. Yet when you play someone and they **** up and kill themselves then suddenly you say you did much better that match or you're warmed up or some other bull****. I just don't get what makes you think you have any skill in smash, I'm not saying you can't get good but you need to try to learn new **** instead of trying to convince yourself that you're good.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
gingabread needs to join smashboards.....??? any more people???

BTW....BC doesn't have an ego...lol...at all...its more like emo...but he is right...
i do notice that when you lose you make some excuses....we need to get you better...and don't throw good, great around...cause yeah...we are gods to 99.9% of the people who have played the game...but when you talk good, great, on the boards, you are talking about the .1% who actually play "for real"

truthfully, qraq, gnosis, BC and I, I'll put chexican,kinx,lemon, felix on this list too....even though the best here, are average/decent smashers in middle sized states (oregon, washington), and in a place like cali or arizona..below average smashers...(i'm using pac west and arizona for example)...so its hard to say we are good.....we just don't have enough people playing each other alot and going Oos...and its rare for someone to be good out of an isolated place....(yamer for example)...

this is all melee btw....

Top Bottom