• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably hosting a smashfest during the christmas break, I'm not too sure about this weekend coming up, but Dec. 26 could be a good day.

As for SFIV, I personally just have a hard time saving up EX bar for Supers, It's so rare of me to perform a Super, so I will tend to rely on Ultras to get some damage in. I also don't know how to tech out of a grab, which could drastically improve my game.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Isn't tech like up (or down) on the stick, right when you hit the ground?
we're talking Street Fighter :p so, something is done (this is the part I don't know, "something") when someone attempts to grab.
I can do technicals, simple stuff, I just don't know how to not get grabbed when someone has attempted to, so I end up getting grabbed regardless.

acllaim

Smash Cadet
I hope someone can hold a smashfest this weekend, though it's looking like it's not going to happen. I actually played some Brawl just now, and all I can say is why the **** does it have to be so slow? I hadn't played in almost 4 months, and holy **** is it slow. I was watching videos of Brawl this week and it didn't look this **** slow. It's like going from Rufus to Dhalsim in SF4, ****it. :mad:

Bryan told me not to talk about street fighter on here. **** him.
There are very few characters whose Supers should regularly be used over their user's EX moves. Dhalsim, Fei Long, and Rose are actually the only ones whose supers are far better than any EX moves they could do, iirc.

You have 10 frames (1/6th of a second, though smash players should know that) to tech a throw, except vs. Gouken's backthrow, where you have enough time to get up and order a pizza before you decide to tech his throw. If you keep getting tick thrown, I suggest option selecting the throw. An option select for throwing is instead of hitting LP+LK to tech, you just mash LP+LK while holding downback, so you while either hit your opponent with a low short/jab, or you will throw tech. Sitting in training mode and having the dummy on record doing throw will help you with timing.

Anybody on PS3 or PC who is interesting in playing can buy my TE stick with all Sanwa for $90. They retail for 150, and generally sell for much more because of their demand. I just want to not bother with shipping, so I'm selling it low.

Edit: Why the filters? My post is full of ****ing stars.

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while, been busy and lazy, we should totally have a smashfest at my place this weekend. I moved though so it's like a block away from where it was. I'll post instructions if people are actually interested in coming, but first I'm going to read up on this thread and stuff.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
**** metaknight play melee
We're playing Melee, ;)

Due to the lack of Brawl players, I'm pretty much done with Brawl, unless I see new players, growing Idaho's Smash community is my goal. I still consider it a competitive game, because there is just as many things to know how to play as other games.

I've gotten ridiculously better at Melee, and I WANT to get even better. Looking forward to Christmas Break Smash.

acllaim

Smash Cadet
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while, been busy and lazy, we should totally have a smashfest at my place this weekend. I moved though so it's like a block away from where it was. I'll post instructions if people are actually interested in coming, but first I'm going to read up on this thread and stuff.
Um... Win? Assuming Josh isn't reading this thread (though he probably is), I'll give him a call.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
I hope someone can hold a smashfest this weekend, though it's looking like it's not going to happen. I actually played some Brawl just now, and all I can say is why the **** does it have to be so slow?
Agreed

You have 10 frames (1/6th of a second, though smash players should know that) to tech a throw, except vs. Gouken's backthrow, where you have enough time to get up and order a pizza before you decide to tech his throw. If you keep getting tick thrown, I suggest option selecting the throw. An option select for throwing is instead of hitting LP+LK to tech, you just mash LP+LK while holding downback, so you while either hit your opponent with a low short/jab, or you will throw tech. Sitting in training mode and having the dummy on record doing throw will help you with timing.
anyone know WTF this guy is talking about here? jibberish with a side of spanish sauce....

Seth, im interested in going, and to bring Bryan if he wants to.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I'm the only person at risk of D3s infinite probably. It probably won't be hard banned but I'll call you a homo and not get you food if you do =p
This is directly from the tournament on AiB:
"There's not going to be any "infinite" bans or "planking" rules, BUT if you are playing like an ***, the correct punishment will be applied accordingly."

lol

No food, punch to the face, kick to the face, public humiliation, murder, etc. Are all acceptable forms of punishment, depending on the situation.

acllaim

Smash Cadet
*cough* date, time, and directions from the highway, please. :pimp:

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I'm most likely not going to be able to go unless I find a ride, Seth, what's your take on maximum people at your place? Since we're having a family party on Christmas Eve this year, I cleaned up my garage, and we have chairs and tables ready for next week, which sounds perfect for a smashfest/tourney.

oh hey sorry I forgot to post again here's my new place

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/429/screenshotdkk.png

that's supposed to be "parking if you want to get towed" and "parking w/o getting towed" or something and I'm in the black circled building and it requires a key card to get in so if you come just text me when you get here or if you need help or whatever it's 869-7758 aight just show up at like let's say 6 Saturday imo

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
This is directly from the tournament on AiB:
"There's not going to be any "infinite" bans or "planking" rules, BUT if you are playing like an ***, the correct punishment will be applied accordingly."

lol

No food, punch to the face, kick to the face, public humiliation, murder, etc. Are all acceptable forms of punishment, depending on the situation.
Haha I didn't even see that =p Glad we're on the same page lol.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Hey LuigiKing, we should smash before the tournament. I'll even let you beat me up in Brawl if you wanna :p

edit: Cake too. Basically anyone who plays melee.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff Jigglypuff

and

Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin Purin

Top Bottom