• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iDA

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
iDA, or Instant dash attack. I've having trouble, help me please...

I'm going to a tournament today, in which I plan to go all Ganon. Again.

However, there's a good chance there will be at least one decent Metaknight. I tried the iDA from side B, and I can never get the MK outside of the starting invincibility frames of his roll. So I think I'm doing it too late. The hit should be guaranteed regardless of where he DI's though, correct?

So, is it timing thing that I need to get down? Or is there some way I can buffer the Dash before I press down on the C stick? (immediately after gerudo.)

Or is there some alternate way altogether?

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

:034:

Smash Hero
Just practice the timing. Do some friendlies at the tournament tomorrow to see if it works or not if you're really that nervous about it.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I am, since I haven't got it to work yet. I just needed some re-assurance that practice was all I needed, I guess. I'll do that, thanks!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Buffer a dash right before the Gerudo animation is finished. then, right when IT IS finished, press C-down.

Don't forget that a Gerudo -> Ftilt is just as effective when close to the ledges, and MK has around 85%

And good luck at the tourney!

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Well I barely lost the first game and then got 2 stocked the second game. I recorded the first and I THINK some of the second, which I really need evaluated I think. I didn't even try the iDA followup, I just jabbed after it didn't work the first time. That sucks, but at least I didn't get camped by a falco.

I'll post the vids up sometime later probably. Thanks for the earlier advice in any case, though.

What conditions does the Ftilt fllow-up work for?

TP

Smash Master
You lost at your tournament? That sucks.

Anyway, this should have been linked to earlier: The Murder Choke Breakdown. It does not include iDA, which was unknown at the time, but the info at the top is wonderful.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I lost, only in pre-loser's bracket though. it's was all good since I knew the MK I lost to. Later I lost in losers' to a peach.

Thanks for that link, that is really helpful. According to it, all the followups are guaranteed. So now I just need to practice more methinks.

I ganon-***** some lucario in my first game, so really it wasn't a total loss :p

Top Bottom