• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ICs Vs PiT, already looked everywhere.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
I've looked through this forum for a while now and can't find any good IC vs pit advice.

I'm completely new to ICs and have watched all the videos and read all the threads on tech. However my friends both main marth and pit.

I can handle myself pretty well with what I have right now with CGs spacing etc, but pit's darn Angel Ring (Side B) seems a bit IMBA to me at this moment. Hopefully someone can help me out.

If Pit uses his Angel ring attack and I get pushed off the edge or I'm already off the edge, I can't figure out anything to do to get back without getting gimp killed. If I grab on to the edge and try to get up with an attack/roll/or jump all 3 get gimped by Angel ring. If I fall back and jump and try to hit him I get gimped as well. I've tried everything I can think of short of punching my friend next to me to get him to let go of the button.

Has anyone had this problem and did you find any fixes to it? It just seems so....unfair.....

Thanks everyone in advance, and if there is a thread on this already please point me to it, cause i found nothing in the character matchup.
Thx
~Powda

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
USUALLY, you can just press the shield button and roll past him.
Or maybe even do a ledgehopped squall. It has enough height to get over AR and maybe even hit him up in the air for some uair action.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
USUALLY, you can just press the shield button and roll past him.
Or maybe even do a ledgehopped squall. It has enough height to get over AR and maybe even hit him up in the air for some uair action.
I've tried the shield button and roll past him move...and it does not work....his AR pushes you back off the edge during the frame you aren't immortal.

The squall is what im working on right now...so far i can't get it to break the AR consistently.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Ummmmm...
Maybe try to uair through the stage and hit him?
Or predict the AR ring and get a grab and 0-death him?

I tend to jump a lot when playing a Pit (especially near the edge) so as to not get caught in AR. It's a very laggy move which you should punish with a grab. Teach him to not use it by punishing it with CGs. It's frustrating at first, but once you figure out how to deal with it and punish it, he'll probably stop abusing it a lot.

Basically, just be aware of where you are and don't let him zone you. Stay away from the edge and predict his AR.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Bnzaaa is right, and it´s smashDI able so if they don't get rid of it right away you´ll basicly get a oppoturnity to grab him...

lain

Smash Master
I'm still not exactly sure how close he is sidebing.

_____________________________O_

the 0 represents where he's sidebing on fd from my guess.

if this is the case you can squall over him from the ledge. just drop down, jump backwards, and squall hammer.

in fact, in any situation you can do this. squall is ridic and will take you approx here

_______________________X________

provided you do a slow horizontal squall. you're other alternative is to shoot up like ****ing 800 yards.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Currently I am using squall to counter it by dropping to the right then hopping ans squalling right into him...but 50% of the time, i go flying back off the side. It's frustrating because even if I up special to grab the side, i get hit...like the immortal frames don't exist.

________________________O

this is where he is standing...literally off the edge barely staign on with 1 foot...which gaurds the edge very well.

Thx for everyone's advice, I'm learning to love the ICs even they they are alot harder to play than lucas :)

Powda

Smash Apprentice
You can't dash attack if you are on the ledge.

Anyways, I was afraid squalling over him was the only answer....kinda lame such a lame spammable attack out prioritizes all of IC's moves.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
You can't dash attack if you are on the ledge.

Anyways, I was afraid squalling over him was the only answer....kinda lame such a lame spammable attack out prioritizes all of IC's moves.
stay away from the edges then. if he does it near the middle of the stage just stand outside his range and punish the end lag with a grab.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
kinda lame such a lame spammable attack out prioritizes all of IC's moves.
whhhoooooooooooshhhh

What was that? It sounded like a tornado...

For real though, I thought his AR only last like 10 seconds.
Either wait for it to stop while hanging on the ledge. If it's close enough to hit you while hanging on the ledge, then you should be able to roll onto the stage without getting hit or squall OVER him.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
whhhoooooooooooshhhh

What was that? It sounded like a tornado...

For real though, I thought his AR only last like 10 seconds.
Either wait for it to stop while hanging on the ledge. If it's close enough to hit you while hanging on the ledge, then you should be able to roll onto the stage without getting hit or squall OVER him.

I can confirm you can neither roll on to the stage, nor attack on to the stage. Both get pushed back off the side by AR, same with jumping, same with any attack. To date, squalling over him is the only way out of it I can figure out. I try to stay in the middle of the stage, but against a good pit, it's pretty hard to avoid 2 edges entirely....what is even lamer..is if you roll out of the way just a bit too early, his AR sucks you in and pushes you off the edge and then you are doomed.

edit - cause my hands have a mind of their own....a mind that spells words wrong.

Birchnatch

Smash Rookie
ALright so basically a kinda lame way that does work because the same happens to me is jump of the ledge and use belay squall up away from him and you can roll through most of the time unless the pit does it perfectly which is rare. other than that getting bak 2 the stage is easy but not without being punished (nana will prbly die >=(
Tl;Dr
get away and you will take less dmg if u let him punish u in the air
and can roll away most of the time on the edge.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Just hit back to fall off, jump, and the height of your jump, ice block, that should hit him in the head, and pop you up. At the top of the little boost, use squall to recover over him, and just make sure to 0-lag the ending. You'll probably end up being able to punish him for it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Just hit back to fall off, jump, and the height of your jump, ice block, that should hit him in the head, and pop you up. At the top of the little boost, use squall to recover over him, and just make sure to 0-lag the ending. You'll probably end up being able to punish him for it.
ice blocks desync you right after use. doing that would make you do a desyncs'd squall. i.e. little to no height.

edit:
here is a vid with an AR spammy pit getting owned.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
My advice would be to simply not be that close to Pit at all... If he is ARing you while you are hanging on the edge, you can just chill there... AR is not that great for and edgeguard because it doesn't hit anyone actually hanging on the ledge, only those who go right into it. If the ring is close enough to hit you when you are going to normally stand up by tapping forward, use ledge attack's invincibility frames or roll past them. If they are far enough to punish a roll, normally stand up and it shouldn't even hit you... Like I said, AR has many flaws in it, its bad range being one of them...

ch33s3

Smash Lord
ice blocks desync you right after use. doing that would make you do a desyncs'd squall. i.e. little to no height.

edit:
here is a vid with an AR spammy pit getting owned.
No need to be synched, the ice blocks hit him, you don't need height, just get on the stage.

Top Bottom