• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Techskill Video? Need Ideas!

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Basically, I want to make one, and I need ideas for routines and fancy looking stuff mostly unique to the ICs but also general stuff, can't let fox and falco have all the fun :p

Looking for new ideas besides all the usual edge-canceled aerials that don't even look that impressive with ICs.

Binx

Smash Master
i dunno handoff into freeze glitch into like 500% into another handoff lol?

Pivot desynchs into crazy IC combos.

Quad ice blocks (not that technical, but cool looking)

Retreating Nana fsmashes into combos.

also dthrow fsmash wd fsmash is like one of the sexiest looking things in the game at low percents, just sayin

Binx

Smash Master
I dunno then, pivot jabs into continuous desynchs, all kinds of cool wavelanding tricks you prolly do on stages like rainbow.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Solo might be hard, since they don´t have shinecancel, but desynch combos would be very nice to watch, but that would probably be needed to be done by TAS before anyone starts using it. Desynch pressure with "wierd" folloups is also cool, like charged dsmash hit>grab in hitstun for example.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Some examples might be:
Rapid ledgedrop->upB with sopo without midair jumping.
Ledgedrop->Uair->Midair jump->Grab ledge
Ledgedrop->Uair->Midairjump->Uair->Sopo upb->Grab ledge
Stuff involving C-stick tilt desync like both climbers fsmashing in different directions straight from standing position
Rapid danf desyncs in place with alternating directions (So you have Popo WDing back and forth and Nana fsmashing in alternating directions) Maybe you can fit Popo empty shorthop in here too.

Edit: Oh and shffl desynced aerials, although that might be too hard. I can do desynced l-canceled fairs and desynced autocanceled bairs, I'm not sure I'll be able to learn to add fastfall do that :p

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
If you want something looking attractive and cool to every smashers then what you said will look boring/easy for people who never played IC.

Otherwise it looks okay but not that much impressive (we don't really "feel" your techskill even if it may be hard to do by these)
/My opinion

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Yes that indeed could be a problem, people are not aware that some of the stuff possible with the ICs is on par in terms of difficulty with the hardest fox/falco techniques....

Top Bottom