• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice CLimbers Tech roll during grab

studly

Smash Ace
i have been trying to figure out a new combo for the IC

Do a basic grab.amd then do a tech roll....this causes Nana to roll and Popo to throw the opponent toward Nana...the only problem is getting Nana to do a move that will keep the combo going

could anyone help me figure this out...it could me useful

HolyChef

Smash Ace
i have been trying to figure out a new combo for the IC

Do a basic grab.amd then do a tech roll....this causes Nana to roll and Popo to throw the opponent toward Nana...the only problem is getting Nana to do a move that will keep the combo going

could anyone help me figure this out...it could me useful
how do u tech with nana while grabbing lol.

Binx

Smash Master
There is too much lag to follow up on a roll, besides why not just do a simpler but just as effective move like smash them without the roll, it isn't like the distance is gonna make a difference to the kill percent.

I know this isn't melee but one of the things in melee that made a character better was the consistency to which they could combo and gimp, sheik was one of the best high leveled characters simply because her combo's and such are really easy no matter who you are, leaves a lot less room for accidental error that will cost you games in high levels of competition.

Ice climbers in brawl seem pretty stacked to me this time around being the only character that can reliably kill with grabs and they do the most damage it seems out of any character period when they connect which is actually important in this game, especially since people can't crouch cancel anymore or anything to stop you from tacking on damage at low percents.

studly

Smash Ace
There is too much lag to follow up on a roll, besides why not just do a simpler but just as effective move like smash them without the roll, it isn't like the distance is gonna make a difference to the kill percent.

I know this isn't melee but one of the things in melee that made a character better was the consistency to which they could combo and gimp, sheik was one of the best high leveled characters simply because her combo's and such are really easy no matter who you are, leaves a lot less room for accidental error that will cost you games in high levels of competition.

Ice climbers in brawl seem pretty stacked to me this time around being the only character that can reliably kill with grabs and they do the most damage it seems out of any character period when they connect which is actually important in this game, especially since people can't crouch cancel anymore or anything to stop you from tacking on damage at low percents.

the only move that works is ..the blizzard and that barley even hits them
this move idea is useless

ive been using the ice climbers latlely ...because of the fact that they have so many options...do u know how boring the game would be if everyone just relied on one type of move...lol...thanx anyway

Binx

Smash Master
Sorry studly, I play the game from the perspective of a tournament player, I aim to consistently win, the thing that makes smash fun for me is the act of predicting and thwarting my opponents approaches and punishing them.

If you want to learn a ton of technical but useless techniques be my guest, but think of it this way, your grab someone at 120% in the middle of FD, and if you just threw and smashed they would live, so what do you do, assuming your Idea could work you could get a little more distance out of your smash maybe assuming it hits the right direction, otherwise you let them live anyways and you have done a technique that creates a chance that you will mess up and miss your smash entirely due to airdodge, DI, or maybe even simple improper timing on your part. OR you simply charge your smash and kill them anyways, which is both easier AND more effective in pretty much all cases.

You don't get points for playing flashy, being flashy doesn't make you good, playing intelligently with proper spacing and making smart decisions with the occasional unexpected trick does.

studly

Smash Ace
dude..wow ..so do i

Obviously you have some valuable input...but not exploring a character's every possibility is just stupid...<<<<thats all i was saying

and im not saying you suck at the Ice Climbers (you still probably know a lot more than i do...and are probably better with them)

and again thanx for the random IC info.
lol

Binx

Smash Master
Well, it's worth exploring and trying new things, seeing what really is effective, but I could tell you rolling during a grab isn't practical without having to try it based on the frames you are during lag.

Keep experimenting, you never know when you'll need it just make sure you try and stick with solid play for the most part, and remember guys, patience is the number 1 thing in melee and probably will be in brawl too.

Top Bottom