• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers in 2 on 2 fights.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm going to enter doubles for a tournament this saturday, and I'll also be doing a double tournament online on another site later on this month too, and out of all the characters I use, I do best with Ice Climbers and Bowser in 2 on 2 fights.

I'm probably going to use Ice Climbers though, since I can play less recklessly with them and not end up killing my partner on accident as easily, though I have some problems using them in these fights. With everything going on at once, nana tends to die easily and I can never get to her in time to save her with people blocking me, luckily I can use a solo Ice Climber well, and in 2 on 2 fights he's just as good at killing as one is and I can still use Blizzard for dammage, though recovery is gimped. Desyncing isn't much of an option since it seems as soon as I start a desync it gets destroyed, though at times it's handy having smash attacks comming out quickly. Chain grabbing I can still perform to an extent in these fights surprisngly, since Nana's Fair can hit the person's partner while I'm chaining him, and if that doesn't work the finnishing smash can hit both of them. I'm pretty good at handling myself in 2 on 2 fights when I'm alone, the hard part is teamwork though.

I've been practicing online in 2 on 2 fights with the person I'm teaming up with for the online tournament late in june (no practice for the saturday tourny though) and he uses Olimar. My biggest problem is that he's careless and ends up hitting me a lot, and I do the same at times too. Ice Climbers and Olimar just don't seem to mix well on a team. Basically, we've been sticking with the strategy of staying away from eachother, though there are times when he ends up running towards me which forces me to be careful about where I hit, often ending up in one of the opponents killing one of us. Staying away from eachother is bad a lot too because when one of us is in trouble, the other can't help. Every match I see him get edgehogged out of the corner of my eye but I'm too far to save him.

Hmm... does anyone have any tips on how to use Ice Climbers better in a team environment? Or should I use a different character who isn't limited to so much ground fighting?

Here's a couple team battles we had if you need to watch to give pointers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-U9o7l4O8

We've been fighting better and better people lately and have been loosing a lot so I'd like any tips I can get, since I'm not used to team brawls.

Binx

Smash Master
The main key is to just try and keep each other alive and go for safe hits, try and play off eachothers combos.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
What my friend and i have found useful is the opponent is at a high enough damage % i can grab with popo and have nana walk a bit away if the other opponent is close enough and have her give him an up smash with the c-stick, doesnt happen to often, but when we see the opening we try to go for it, it allows a brief 2 v1 while one opponet is being held. But as you know it all depends on how long you can hold onto him which depends on his percent.

For the most part we tend not to edge guard as in the time one opponent is of the stage we can rush and try to help the other. We just try to focus on our spacing knowing how far each of our hitboxes reach so that we dont kill each other.

Once we are at a higher percent we tend to focus on just giving damage rather than getting the k.o. so that we dont end up killing each other. We play a lil more cautiosus, and tend to try for grab to c-stick kill to avoid running into each other.

Dont know if any of this will help, but just though i would let you know how we play.

Top Bottom