• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers dthrow fair % list (small update)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
This is a list on which % every character gets dthrow to fair without being able to tech on the ground, and you wont have to regrab before the opponent hits the ground.
It works on fthrow if you does it 2 % earlier on every character (tested close to half the cast and it was always the same pattern)

Damage before downthrow:
Jigglypuff 17%

Squirtle 19%
G&W 19%

Zero suit Samus 20%
Kirby 20%
Metaknight 20%
Olimar 20%
Fox 20%
Falco 20%
Pikachu 20%

Zelda 21%
Shiek 21%
Ike 21%

Peach 22%
Marth 22%

Diddy Kong 23%
Toon Link 23%
Pit 23%
Ice Climber 23%
Ness 23%
Lucas 23%
Sonic 23%

Mario 24%
Luigi 24%
Wolf 24%
Ivysaur 24%
Lucario 24%

Link 25%
Captain Falcon 25%

Yoshi 26%
Wario 26%
Ganondorf 26%
Samus 26%
Robot 26%
Charizard 26%

Dedede 27%
Snake 27%

Donkey Kong 28%

Bowser 29%

This was tested atleast twice on every % on both the % above(techable) and the highest exact % were it´s not techable. Tested in trainingmode against no opponent.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for making this!
I'm too lazy to do things like this.

Now all we need is a list of % you can Sopo CG each character to...

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
This list isn't too helpful... We all know that if you downthrowed to fair lightweights, you only can do it once if your moves are fresh before they can tech and for everyone else you can do it twice... How would this list help if your throw or fair wasn't fresh???

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
This list isn't too helpful... We all know that if you downthrowed to fair lightweights, you only can do it once if your moves are fresh before they can tech and for everyone else you can do it twice... How would this list help if your throw or fair wasn't fresh???
Um,
if your throw or fair isn't fresh, they still wouldn't be able to tech if you did it at the max percent shown. This is better than most of the posts that are on the ICs boards, so stop being so negative.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Um,
if your throw or fair isn't fresh, they still wouldn't be able to tech if you did it at the max percent shown. This is better than most of the posts that are on the ICs boards, so stop being so negative.
I'm not being negative, I'm just saying that you could just simplify this list by so much by saying that lightweights can only be comboed this way once unless your moves weren't fresh and you didn't hit them and the others can only be comboed twice. You could just put that on the list so that beginners that aren't familiar with counting percents and memorizing them could just remember how many times they can do it....

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
I'm not being negative, I'm just saying that you could just simplify this list by so much by saying that lightweights can only be comboed this way once unless your moves weren't fresh and you didn't hit them and the others can only be comboed twice. You could just put that on the list so that beginners that aren't familiar with counting percents and memorizing them could just remember how many times they can do it....
Actually, from 0%, the only character that cannot be dthrow to fair twice in a row is jigglypuff. even if your moves are fresh. test it.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Nice list. A nice coloring or something will surely make it more lively.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Actually, forward throw to fair is not as good as down throw to fair because the fair is hit farther from you and it INTERRUPTS your forward throw so that you are still stuck in the fthrows interrupted ending lag when fair finishes the hit making you open for punishment and making it hard for you to get out of the lag to follow up into another grab or an attack. Down throw to fair doesn't interrupt the throw so you aren't in ending lag when fair finishes connecting. This is why forward throw to fair is supposed to be used on the edge: It spikes them farther from the edge so they have a harder time sdiing to the ground, spaces Nana farther so she has a better time grabbing the edge, and your ending lag you get from having your throw interrupted by Nana isn't punished because the opponent is too busy being hit OVER the edge instead of on the ground where he can tech and punish.

The durations change for both downthrow and forward throw for each character so that isn't the reason... All you have to do is also time the jump for forward throw to fair when versing people of different weights...

Top Bottom