• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers chain grab help

Dplasterer

Smash Rookie
I started playing ice climbers last week and have been getting better with them but am having a really hard time learning their infinite grab. I even spent about 4 hours straight and still haven't gained much. Is this normal to take this long or am I just really bad? Also the timing seems easier on heavier characters, do the rest of you find it easier to chain grab heavier opponents.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Learning how to chaingrab takes time and practice cause each character has a different throw time. There are also a variety of ways to perform the chaingrab, some are easier than others, but that's also character dependent.

Penguin4478

Smash Cadet
You're not the only one; I spent a couple hours only to get it at most 4 times in a row before giving up. The timing and the positioning is harder than pretty much any other character's chaingrab, so if you want to pursue the infinite grab then keep on trying!

And yes, heavier characters would typically be easier to do because the heavy, bigger characters, have larger boxes for receiving attacks and throwing heavier characters also causes the throw animation to be slightly slower.

link2702

Smash Champion
Ironically i find it easier to time it on smaller lightweight opponents as opposed to heavier ones.

guess i'm just weird like that, course on the plus side i learned the timing for metaknight fairly quick :D

yes it's gonna take tons of practice and everything you're dealing with is pretty normal.

However here's a bit of advice, some particular chains are easier than others depending on the type of opponent your facing, I personally find it easiest to do a footstool setup on heavier characters as opposed to the basic downthrow(or forward throw) to back throw that i use on lighter ones, and for medium weights i prefer to do the forward throw to nana doing an Fair spike to iceblock forcing a getup to regrab.

just go to the ice climber boards and ask them about several different chains, they can give you all sorts of ones.

Top Bottom