• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ice climbers are broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
the good mainers anyways and yea they are amazing just amazingly cheap id rather fight a metaknight instead of ice climbers yea im dead serious ice climbers have alternating grabs and can 0-death anyone they can get like 40 damage off of a freakin grab its sooo gay also in fun play they can have 2 items like 2 beam swords or even worse 2 golden hammers their also hard to grab because there are 2 of them so they cant really be chain grabbed very easily

im sorry to anyone who dissagrees with me and say stuff like (oh its just skill) yea but please keep your ice climbers in competitive play

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
X3 ^__^

Joke thread, lol

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Think how hard it is to pull off that chain grab. Then think how hard it is to fight a really good Meta Knight.... big diffrence right?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
If you reasearch the history of 10char. You might understand it. It's just for the lulz

lyke lol we keepz CGing and ish EPIZ WIZZS XDDDDD

10lulz

smaci92

Smash Lord
Learn what broken is---because they're not broken...go away, and you're obviously not good at brawl, cause skillful people don't use items....

K 2

Smash Lord
HAHA! Someone just got 0-death'd by the IC's!

If they are so good, why don't you use their alt grabs and 0-death M2K? Oh wait, you can't. -_-

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
HAHA! Someone just got 0-death'd by the IC's!

If they are so good, why don't you use their alt grabs and 0-death M2K? Oh wait, you can't. -_-
It's not the fact that they got 0-Death'd, it's the fact that the match was about 57 seconds long.

K 2

Smash Lord
It's not the fact that they got 0-Death'd, it's the fact that the match was about 57 seconds long.
It's not the fact that the match was 57 seconds long. It's the fact that they get three stocked in 57 seconds without being able to deal even 1% on the IC's. ^_^

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
the good mainers anyways and yea they are amazing just amazingly cheap id rather fight a metaknight instead of ice climbers yea im dead serious ice climbers have alternating grabs and can 0-death anyone they can get like 40 damage off of a freakin grab its sooo gay also in fun play they can have 2 items like 2 beam swords or even worse 2 golden hammers their also hard to grab because there are 2 of them so they cant really be chain grabbed very easily

im sorry to anyone who dissagrees with me and say stuff like (oh its just skill) yea but please keep your ice climbers in competitive play

1. Don't use the word gay, just use stupid. That continues to get on my nerves.

2. It's increasingly hard to pull off a good chaingrab. Even if a good IC main starts a chaingrab, there is always a good chance they could mess it up.

3. Avoid the grabs. If you play well, you can always avoid getting into their grabs and figure out how to avoid them.

4. Items aren't usually used in competitive play.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

just realized something... periods were invented for a reason: so you don't look like a dumn *** in front of everybody.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
yea im extremely lazy when it comes to punctuation online
btw i said fun play never said anything about competitive play im talkin like if your bored and feel like an item match 9/10 i dont play with items unless 4 players are in it

and i made it very clear why i think their broken

smaci92

Smash Lord
yea im extremely lazy when it comes to punctuation online
well. maybe read the rules before posting anything:
6. Grammar and spelling: Spelling and grammar are important functions of the English language. Use comma's and period's. Capitalize where appropriate. And don't post crap like "d00d if u r gunuh uze dis khar jo ned 2 doo stuf kplztx"
never said anything about competitive play
oh snap! you said something about competitive play:
yea but please keep your ice climbers in competitive play
and i made it very clear why i think their broken
actually you didn't...you may have think you made it very clear, but too bad!---you didnt! how do you explain all the metaknights winning tourneys? just stop complaining you little noob and face life...you're gonna have to deal with it or else you are a failure at brawl...

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Ice climbers... I hate them. Their CG's, while difficult, exist. I forgot who said it, I think it was Yuna, but someone said "If it exists, it will be mastered" or something like that. Learn the CG's, you can 0-death like anyone. But they are beatable. That's a fact.

And smaci, I don't want to be mean, but STFU. Skilled people can use items whenever they want. That's stupid of you to say that.

smaci92

Smash Lord
I'm alright with you saying that you hate Ice climbers, cause you didn't start a completely new thread to express your own personal opinion like this guy did! so thanks...

And smaci, I don't want to be mean, but STFU. Skilled people can use items whenever they want. That's stupid of you to say that.
and about me STFU. yes, you are right to say this to me also because in that post I did say that "skilled people don't use items". But what i should of and meant to say was that most skilled people don't use items in competitive tounaments and most people don't really take items seriously...I'm very sorry if I offended you. I should've expressed myself more clearly...

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I actually agree. :laugh: ICs are ridiculous. I would rather fight a snake or MK. I'm quite surprised more people don't main them. Instead of complaining, I'm just going to learn to deal with them. Zelda works well, as do Marth and ZZS (In my experience).

I might as well call Pit's arrow spam broken if I can't fight against it well. Ike's Fsmash is WAY TOO GOOD! ..... wait.... Bascially, you just have to learn the matchup. Instead of calling a tactic cheap, you should learn to counter it. We have matchup threads. Everyone has individual bad matchups. Nothing character based, but psychologically based. I have trouble with olimars, you just have trouble with ICs. Work it out.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Instead of calling a tactic cheap, you should learn to counter it.
now this ^^^ is the quote of the day!!! I've played lordofthemorning...and yes, he hates IC's, but what are you gonna do about?! they're a character in the game...learn to deal with it and find a way to counter them...Every character has their advantages and disadvantages. If you don't like the IC's grabs (which is one of their advantages), then DON'T GET GRABBED. It sounds simple---but that's cause it is! If you have projectiles, use them to space...and you can also stay in the air more so that we can't grab you.

K 2

Smash Lord
Chances of getting 2 golden hammers simultaneously? 0
What about two beam swords or two bats? 0
How about two triple plasma cannons? .01%

If you guys have trouble fighting the IC's, then you really, really suck. (No offense to IC players, I'm one of you guys)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Chances of getting 2 golden hammers simultaneously? 0
What about two beam swords or two bats? 0
How about two triple plasma cannons? .01%

If you guys have trouble fighting the IC's, then you really, really suck. (No offense to IC players, I'm one of you guys)
no, no, we know they aren't that great. horrible range, light and floaty, easily gimped, etc.

they really aren't that great on paper outside of their grabs, but when you add in body-guarding, ground-hugging projectile, ability to freeze opponents, fantastic tether recovery/recovery range (when it works), side b that can lock opponents in and double as a short range horizontal recovery, they have a lot of good points.... with a mountain high learning curve....

Ruse

Fox
IC can't even CG everyone (Jigglypuff, for example, but I know there are more characters), and it's hard as hell to pull off. A LOT of characters counter IC... stop whining and start avoiding the grab.

K 2

Smash Lord
Body-Guarding? Is that when someone grabs Nana while Popo smashes the @#%! out of them?

How does freezing help? I've done it a few times with blizzard, but they only stay frozen for .1 seconds, which isn't long enough more me to perform any follow-ups.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
body-guarding is my term (not sure if its official or anything) for when i use nana as aa shield, or use the cpu's stupidity to get ti to fight the opponent while i sit back and watch and then come in when it looks liek she's in trouble. plus the whole (lol you killed/grabbed/hit nana and not me. FAIL!)

as for freezing, its no PK Freeze, but its enough to surprise somebody (though they're usually dead before their damage gets that high).

K 2

Smash Lord
Lol...I gotta try out body guarding sometime.

Shouldn't Blizzard have a longer freeze time? Seriously, they are the ICE climbers, not lucus (d-bag). Grr...

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
After they pop out of the freeze, they pop up, meaning UAir is the best follow-up. *It can KO*
Followed by UpB since that does major knock-back. ^_K

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have to say, up b in this game is just win. especially if the opponent is crowding the edge: it they are waiting for you to recover and you are to the side/slightly above the stage, press up b and the direction towards the ledge very quickly. nana will snap right into the ledge with her invincibility frames and the opponent won't know what hit him. i'm pretty sure this is common knowledge, but i have a vid of me doing it to a lvl 9 zelda (****ing piece of ****....). i've done it to my friends before (not on wifi yet) and they have stopped rushing to the edge after i've gone flying. ;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IC can't even CG everyone (Jigglypuff, for example, but I know there are more characters), and it's hard as hell to pull off. A LOT of characters counter IC... stop whining and start avoiding the grab.
They can CG everyone in the cast, but some particular CG's are harder to do on certain characters.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Personally, I like Blizzard in Brawl better. It does more damage, and that's important since I rely a lot of Nana DownB & Popo SideB a lot for damage.

CGing, alternating in particular, gets extremely hard after 60% to me. But Usually I just finish on an insta-smash anyway past 50%.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I can CG most of the cast from 0-at least 130%, just with Dthrows and Bthrows at the edge. Simple enough IMO, until you have to get the first grab off.

Da** u Ice Climbers for not having a grab range like Dedede, maybe then they could be broken. IDK though, Nana could stop that though somehow XD.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, All you really need to know is Dthrowing, since that is easy to do on any character, and most useful on the lighties. But, alas, Fthrow does more damage per throw, so You might want to mix it up between f/d-throws often, so you can get the rythm for both of them at the same time.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
melee's blizzard was better imo. i think it actually froze them for longer (not by much, but still longer)
In my opinion I think Blizzard is better in Brawl, it does more damage and it freezes early (which is good? Hard to DI when you're frozen), but it was good when Blizzard was in a grab, but now in Brawl, attacking in a grab makes Nana or Popo release the grab. :/

Ruse said:
Yes they can, characters such as MK, Snake, R.O.B are hard to CG once you pull it off, and the ICs themselves can't CG though, so you only have to d-throw the ICs then. And Jigglypuff isn't that hard to CG except the b-throw, timing is t3h key. If Jigglypuff was hard then IDK why G&W is so easy to CG if G&W is lighter than Jigglypuff.

And I thought their CGs were broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom