• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climber Data Info (Need a better format, Slowly updating.)

Nigamon

Smash Rookie
So my good friend asked me to do some ice climber frame data and such.

So any other information you should like to have as I am slowly making this?

Also those who want to help me with grammar can. English isn't best language here.

You guys are allowed to use this for your own guide and such or make it better as long as credit is given where it is due.

Things Done
Basic Air Frame Info
Basic Grabbing
Basic Smash Info

Things Need to be done
The obvious a lot of things
Learning to make a gif

Tilts
F.Tilt
Active frames 6-9
Frame 6

Frame 7

Frame 8

Frame 9
D.Tilt
Active frames 8-11
Frame 8

Frame 9

Frame 10

Frame 11
U.Tilt
Active frames 7-9 11-12 14-15 17-18 20-21 23-24 26
Frame 7

All other active frames

Smashes
Here is the thing with smash moves, As you know you can charge them. The information for active frames will be after you let go of A. The start up is the animation before that. So if you do it fast as possible you add them together. Example U.Smash 8 frames start up. Active frame 7-12. Meaning that the attack fast as possible comes out at frame 15

F.Smash
Frame start up 7
Active frames 8
D.smash
Frame start up 3
Active frames 4-9
Frame 4

Frame 5

Frame 6

Frame 7

Frame 8

Frame 9
U.smash
Frame start up 8
Active frames 7-12
Frame 7

Frame 8

Frame 9

Frame 10

Frame 11

Frame 12

Grabbing
Standing grab
Active frames 7-8

Running grab
Active frames 8-9
Last frame shows travel distance.

Pivot Grab
Active frames 9-10

Air moves
N.air
Active frames 6-23
It looping once

F.air
Active frames 19-22
The Spike Hit box is hard to see so i made one that is kinda hard to find spot on with MS paint to show you where it's at.
Frame 19

Frame 20

Frame 21

Frame 22

D.air
Active frames 3-52

B.air
Active frames 8-11
Frame 8

Frame 9

Frame 10

Frame 11

U.air
Active frames 6-23

Last edited:

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
My only suggestion is to find a format for the thread that is appealing, organized and consistent. That way you can just record data and basically inject it in. Make it easier on yourself and for when you have to update the thread in the future.

Here's some information.
• RA-Bit[17] dictates the window for the next jab.
• Jab1 to Jab2: 11-39​
• Aerial landing lags are (NFBUD): 9/18, 10/20, 10/20, 14/28, 12/25
• RA-Bit[30] dictates the window for aerial auto-canceling.
• That being said, here are the windows (NFBUD): <6 29>, <3 54>, <8 18>, <6 26>, <3 57>​

If you want to be really hardcore you can learn game formulas and calculate those so that people can theorycraft. Those can be found on SmashWiki I think. Also, GIFs are nice.

Nigamon

Smash Rookie
Satron that is something I will work in the future as i get the hitboxes out.,along with basic frames.

I guess this is more of data dumping atm.

as of Gifs i need to learn how to make.

Nigamon

Smash Rookie
Oops I made a mistake on the Usmash frames. I forgot to factor in the 8 Frames start up before the smash comes out. Going to fix

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
There are many different programs you can use to take screen captures and make GIFs. I use Grabber by Fusion8Design to take screen captures and use Animation Shop 3 to make GIFs.

Nigamon

Smash Rookie
I'll have to go check that out MonkUnit and I am back so sometimes in the next 24 hours there should be another move or 2 updated on this list. I think I forgot to announce I would have been gone.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
So just a bit of Data:
Earliest run cancel: Frame 15
Air jump has around 96.3 % of height of the full jump
Ground traction 0.035 (very low), horizontal air traction 0.02 (high)
3 frames jumpsquat
After a jump 80% of momentum is kept
A dash jump has 2.33x the vertical momentum of a jump where you tilt your stick during jumpsquat frames.

Landing lags (L-cancelled):

Nair: 22 (11)
Fair: 22 (11)
Bair: 22 (11)
Up-Air: 28 (14)
Dair: 25 (12)

Shield size: 7.5 (lower mid)
Shield strength: 2.625 (low)
Shows that ICs aren't really comfortable in the air, dashing and shielding (the last one is a bit surprising imo). This encourages to wavedash more and use prophylactic movement options or desync walls instead of shielding.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
@ Hinichii.ez.™ Hinichii.ez.™
You know, I accepted the challenge. For move frames, the Melee frame data thread should be pretty accurate still.

Btw this could also apply to the Ice Climbers, not as powerful as with Luigi but still. I see application especially on FoD platforms when they are very low. You can wd-> drop->wd and then come even close to maximum grounded speed Ice Climbers can have.
tauKhan said:
I don't know whether this is known, but I noticed that platform drop animations don't have aerial speed limits, and they don't slow you down at all, so you can go faster in the air with some characters by wd or run into platform drop. With luigi the effect of wd -> drop is exactly like in the vudu dash.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I've never heard of the vudu dash o_0
Imma take the IC challenge as well.

Top Bottom