• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC vs. Peach

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
yeah thats really, interesting i'm interested in know myself what he's doing since we all hate peaches....
ok. just as i cleared my shiek plateau and can now face her with much confidance, my friends choose peach for fun and end up beating me! i thought i was the only one and that something was wrong with me, i didn't know she's a common threat. what is recommended to battle this princess since she has turnip spams, Dsmash spams, and floats after being thrown, making chain grabs near impossible?

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
chaingrab is possible.

downthrow + dair.

i highly suggest you infinite, or throw + fair + fsmash <unless they tech the fair, in which case you can WD and grab again.>

---

more mindgames, and blizzard jumping with nana is a must for stopping her float approaching.

grab her turnips as much as you can, and stick them on nana <short hop and press z if its on popo, and they will switchgrab>

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
sometimes its best to be simple. if they float towards you at ground level.. just wait for them to comee and smash em!

works on jigglypuffs everynow and then to with that silly wall of pain.

it wont work everytime because your friend will get used to it probably after the first time. but it could lead to combos. and whatever else.

use VERy sparingly.

there is also a video on how to deal with turnip spamming peach's

we all know how annoying they can be.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Don't try to chaingrab Peach. It's generally not worth the effort; use the infinite if you can.

Up-Air is pretty much the only advantage you have over her. Abuse it, but be smart.

D-throw -> charged (Nana) Up-Smash
will kill her at <100% except on DL64 or possibly FD

D-throw -> (Nana) F-Air meteor -> (Popo) D-Smash
is worth trying just to mix it up

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
i usually don't reply to posts, especially those that can be easily answered with the search function. but i'm bored at work and what the hell, i feel like being nice...

what makes this matchup difficult for most IC players, as well as vs marth, is that you must simplify your playing style and simply outplay your opponent. all those fancy ground tactics and bull**** wont work here son. a good peach will gimp you all day and **** your **** up. if ure trying to come on here looking for some easy tactics to beating her, you're out of luck. she's gonna float all day and you're going to have to fight her alot in the air. and as you know, peach's airgame is far superior, making this an uphill battle all f'n day. you know this, your opponent knows this, so good luck partner. in the air, its uairs and bairs all day. they're one of the few things you got going for you. on the ground, mindgame to fsmash. you'll find fsmash much more efficient than dsmash as it hits her even if she floats above you. get a grab? gj noob. infinite. dthrow > fair > dsmash works sometimes. and you also may be able to sneak in a dthrow > dair cg or two. otherwise, it should be dthrow > upsmash ftw. any halfway decent IC knows these basics, which is why the difference between winning and losing comes down to your mindgames. you just gotta step it up. there's no gimping here, this is pistons-lakers circa 04. you gotta earn your win here. or just infinite, which is like winning, only you're a loser at life.

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
i think for fighting peach you have to be more patient and try not to be right next to her unless youre attacking... cuz then she will dsmash you like crazy. anticipate her dsmash and then counter from there. mindgames are obviously needed... and wavedash --> bair is a pretty good approach if she's floating... you just have to be tricky about it. also if you get in a grab, you can do --> dthrow --> SHHFL nair -->grab if she DI's away.. then she might start DIing towards you so you can do dair chaingrabs or something. also i think a few iceblocks help stop the turnip spam.

Top Bottom