• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC matchups=#1 DDD/UPDATED SKYPE DAY

r3d d09

Smash Master
i say we make new threads for each character so we can have a master list of the discussions and we can just link to the thread instead of posts. this is just me though. then whenever we have something else to add on, we can just go to the thread and post it there.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Okay so, the second character of the week is Yoshi. But I have another dilema. Should I make a whole new thread? Or add Yoshi to this one since they have the same week, and have posters give their insight on both matchups?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Tommorow is SKYPE DAY! Everyone make sure (including me :3) That you get into the skype group TODAY so we can be ready tommorow without many problems. We will be discussing DDD and Yoshi (haven't gotten around to the thread yet). Please make sure your there.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Tommorow is SKYPE DAY! Everyone make sure (including me :3) That you get into the skype group TODAY so we can be ready tommorow without many problems. We will be discussing DDD and Yoshi (haven't gotten around to the thread yet). Please make sure your there.
I have Skype but I've only used it like once, so I'm not sure what you mean by Skype group. :bee:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
As you know im very pessimistic about yoshi camp and i dont think he can camp very many people if they know how to play, but yoshi can camp ICs.
Throw the eggz at him really hard so he can't move too much
Egg them if they try to desync Blizzard approach, egg them as they shoot ice blocks, pivot grab their approaches, retreat to the ledge if necessary, never land near them, deal with ice blocks using shield or attack.

It's not that hard, imo.
Just thought I'd share the Yoshi mains thoughts. Even BURNTSOCKS said so. BURNTSOCKS is the WORST Yoshi i've ever met <3333

B0NK

Smash Lord
Lol, I could have told you yoshi could out-camp IC's. My brother is SOVAman/lil b >_>

Too bad I couldn't stay in the chat =/

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Yoshi can't camp you while he's on the stage, because running powershield destroys him, and if he's on the ledge, just run away. Use ledge limits to your advantage and time him out.

B0NK

Smash Lord
^^^^True, yoshi's projectile is quite laggy and requires a lot of prediction (guessing? >.<) to use effectively. Get about two roll distances away (or closer) and yoshi can't safely use eggs and will be forced to switch up his defensive game (pivot grab, ledge, jab, etc.), or get punished. But IC's can't really use ice blocks to camp him since his eggs go right over them and he has time to sheild/tilt the ice blocks (and his eggs do about 11% fresh, 8% stale while our ice blocks damage output isn't close). Also eggs go through blizzard, so blizzard walling is not very effective and should only be used at close range or on a predicted aerial.

Other random notes, Yoshi's b-air is only good after he has put sheild damage on you so it pokes. Also if you sheild it and it wasn't a perfect sheild yoshi can cross-up pretty safely. His only KO options are pretty much Usmash, Fsmash, Up-air, F-air, and Down-b, all which are pretty avoidable (also one of the reasons he is a low tier, has trouble KOing).

Also what helps in this match-up is yoshi can't really use platforms, and is very easy to punish and pressure on platforms because he can't jump OoS to get away. (Doesn't mean he isn't good at running away, but can't shield on platforms) In general, his shield isn't very usable and is more likely to jump away or use his very good spotdodge (as fast as falco's). Also his recovery can be quite punishable if you know his tricks (rising d-air, rising airdodges, DJC down-b to grab the ledge, more likely then not yoshi's best option is the ledge where you can pressure him) remember, he can only throw 4 eggs from the ledge until he has to get back on stage.

Top Bottom