• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wonder if there should be a FIFA Smash Bros tournament

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Where you team up with a partner against 31 other teams, each team representing a country. Each team participates in group play against 3 other teams in hopes of getting first or second in the group. Each match in group play is 99 stocks and 5 minutes long, where you attempt to score as many KO’s as possible before time runs out. Should stock count be equal in a group stage match, it’s a draw for both teams regardless of percentage count, and if it’s equal in knockout stage team with lower percentage advances. In the knockout stage, the standard number of stocks and minutes are the same as usual (so if this tournament was melee knockout rounds do 8 minute 4 stocks)

Tallies are kept track of for number of KO’s vs number of falls/SD’s in group play, and are used to seperate teams with the same number of points. As in all tournaments players get 3 points for a win, one for a draw and none for losing.

SpherisCore

Smash Rookie
I... don't think that's something we should wish for...
Moreover the "representing a country" thing always seemed stupid (not only in your example but in any case) because we should recognize people for their achievements regardless of their nationality.
To me Armada and Mew2King aren't representing their countries, they are fighting by themselves (or with a teammate) and not clashing to prove USA or Europe is better...

I think I'm far from the original subject but anyway XD

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
I... don't think that's something we should wish for...
Moreover the "representing a country" thing always seemed stupid (not only in your example but in any case) because we should recognize people for their achievements regardless of their nationality.
To me Armada and Mew2King aren't representing their countries, they are fighting by themselves (or with a teammate) and not clashing to prove USA or Europe is better...

I think I'm far from the original subject but anyway XD
Well with lots of Smash players in different parts of the world i figured we could do a side event

Or just to keep things simple, make it a crew battle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom