• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wonder if Pit's early confirmation is a sign of things to come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I love Smash Bros for its amazing ability to suck me into Nintendo worlds I never even knew existed before. Kid Icarus is one of those worlds that I would LOVE to see more of. I don't have a 3DS, so I don't have the chance to actually play Uprising, but I'm hoping the series is expanded now that Nintendo had that hit. Because of the way Smash Bros opens new world to me, I would love to see another KI representative. I have looked up some characters that you guys have mentioned, and I don't know who I would love most, but I definitely want someone!

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I think Nintendo knows that Pit is besides Mario, Link and Samus one of most popular character. In the first trailer, you see for example Mario, Link, Samus and Pit. But you don't see for example Captain Falcon. ^^ ( But Captain Falcon is cool too. Show me ya moves! xD ). After Super Smash Bros Brawl, Kid Icarus Uprising, and the big news about Kid Icarus Uprising, Pit is more famous than before. ^^ I also think he deserves it.^^

I'm so mega excited about the new Pit in SSB4 >.< xD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'd like to bring this one up so far since I think it's nice to update it.
Since the Smash trailer, we knew Pit being shown early had some kind of sign of things to come. Here's the current things we have for the KI universe. I'll be using Sakurai's photos for reference.

1: So far we know Pit has 2 new moves: Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars for Side-B and Down-B respectively.
-The Upperdash Arm was shown in the trailer and multiple "Pic of the Day" photos. Based on the photo and Sakurai's comment shown on September 6, it seems like the Upperdash Arm will have Super Armor frames. We do not know if powerful hits will stop the move yet.

-The Guardian Orbitars were shown in the Developer Direct and in 1 "pic of the day" photo (shown on July 6). It is unconfirmed about the move's properties, or if it will be able to reflect projectiles so far. They do have added patterns on the shields though.

2: A new KI stage, featuring the Reset Bomb Forest (chapter 11 in KIU) was shown. So far we have 3 photos, shown on July 23, August 1, and August 27 respectively. They show that the stage will change over time

3: The first new item revealed, which is from Kid Icarus: Uprising. The X-bomb, which was shown to us on August 16.

And that's all the stuff we got in just nearly 4 months since the Smash trailer. But what more KI universe stuff is to come we wonder?

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
What do you mean: '' It is unconfirmed if the shields will be able reflecting projectiles so far? ''

For example: Falcos laser are unlimited far even it was reflected by a character. ^^

I'm sorry if I'm wrong. ^^

But thanks for your update. ^^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There is not current footage that shows if Guardian Orbitars can reflect projectiles. Back in KIU, said weapon can only block and destroy projectiles, so I cannot say they reflect projectiles until it is confirmed.
It is the least I could do.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
You are right.

The good thing is, if Pit will not be able to reflect projectiles, he could be better than in brawl because he need enough strength, speed or abilitys to be a good character. I mean he wouldn't be dependent of Items or characters with projectiles. In my opinion its important to make the best of the character. ^^And it would be a nice balance.

But I would miss to beat with their own weapons. ^^

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well so far it seems Pit's early appearance meant a butt-ton of KIU items and two stages. Let's see what THIS E3 brings

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So in the end we got Palutena. BoYAH!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
With Palutena here, it's already with great things happening. The Dark Pit tease at the end also has me curious. Secret Alt costume, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom