• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I won an SSBB tourny!

MR.T44

Smash Rookie
Out of 22 people I won first place with Ike!

I even played a few side matches while waiting,I left undefeated with 8 wins.

I won a Mario and Luigi plushie,and 20 bucks on a gamestop card!

My picture is gonna be posted on flicker.com,and I'm gonna be on the news at 10!

i feel like celabrating! W00t!,chicka W00t!,chicka W00t-W00t!

EDIT: I don't want to bump the thread so I'll just edit.

I didn't know where to post this,there were 30 people according to the channel 4 news,the tournament was held in the bettendorf library in Iowa,half the people didn't even know how to use the smash ball so it was kind of a hollow victory besides the championship match against the winners of the other 3 brackets,and finally,my self asteem is already pretty low,but this is the first good thing to happen to me in a long time and I was just trying to enjoying my 15 minutes of fame.

All in all I bet I couldn't beat half of the smashers here,but I was just excited about winning the tourny..

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
Out of 22 people I won first place with Ike!

I even played a few side matches while waiting,I left undefeated with 8 wins.

I won a Mario and Luigi plushie,and 20 bucks on a gamestop card!

My picture is gonna be posted on flicker.com,and I'm gonna be on the news at 10!

i feel like celabrating! W00t!,chicka W00t!,chicka W00t-W00t!
I'm definetly starting to feel out the sex kick and spike better. Not much love for bair though.
Ike is definetly solid for any time matches.

Admittedly due to his high delay, high damage build you will find that against less experienced players he will perform quite well for easily executing killing moves and low damage wins.
In a higher level play environment you will find more obstacles concerning recoil from his moves, but this is a a diminishing disadvantage considering that his lower delay aerials can be used to start combos (much like bowser from melee).

Firebert

Smash Ace
Admittedly due to his high delay, high damage build you will find that against less experienced players he will perform quite well for easily executing killing moves and low damage wins.
In a higher level play environment you will find more obstacles concerning recoil from his moves, but this is a a diminishing disadvantage considering that his lower delay aerials can be used to start combos (much like bowser from melee).
But also remember Gimpy in Melee. Despite those obstacles, he is really, really, REALLY good with Bowser. So I doubt there won't be any professional Ikes, if not right away.

Firebert

Smash Ace
you should not congratulate him, as it inflates his ego and boosts his self esteem
it is debatable whether the latter part of my sentence is a good thing or not (the self esteem part, not the ego part)
Yeah, it's good to boost people's self-esteem. However, it is very, very bad to inflate their ego.

Top Bottom