• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I will translate your message to Japanese and send it POST HERE

Tomo

Smash Rookie
Nickname: FireandIce

Request: please put young Link from SSMB melee back into the game but with new moves

Thanks

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nickname: Aruun

I beg of you, please do not include any more "clones" in SSBB. Every single character should be totally original.

Also, please include at least one Kid Icarus and/or Fire Emblem stage, and an orchestrated version of any Kid Icarus Song.

Thanks alot for doing this, Wes, it's really nice. Also, feel free and completely change the wording and whatnot - just make sure the general message is still there. Thanks again!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Aruun said:
Nickname: Aruun

I beg of you, please do not include any more "clones" in SSBB.
JMY, clones are last minute additions. What would you rather, 30 chars and 6 clones, or 30 chars?

Anyway....

Mic

Character Suggestions

Please bring back Mr Game And Watch.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Nickname: LK

Dear developing staff -

Please include a couple of new characters from the Fire Emblem series, such as Celice or Sigurd, Lyn or Hector, or Eirik. Fire Emblem has a large community in Japan and America and it would be a good service to us if we got a chance to see a new Fire Emblem character for use in the game. It would be better if it were a classic Fire Emblem character because not many westerners know their history.

---

Great idea Wes.

Akashiro

Smash Rookie
How about James McCloud? I'm talking about the one from F-Zero. They can make him as a combination of Fox from Starfox and Captain Falcon considering that his name is in both games. :)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Thanks for doing this, WCW. I very much appreciate it. =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nickname: Mr. Maestro

Characters:

Toad (Mario Series) - This lovable mushroom has never received the respect that he deserves. His only truly prominent role in a video game was in Super Mario Bros. 2 (Doki Doki Panic), and has since then been portrayed as weak. This is a direct contradiction to his star role as being speedy and strong. Please, Nintendo, give Toad the chance to fight and the respect he deserves.

Little Mac (Punch-Out!!!) - I have many fond memories of sitting down with my NES (Famicom) and enjoying many rounds of Punch-Out!!! It was fun and exciting, and I became a supporter of Little Mac after championing him through multiple bouts. Little Mac would make a superb addition to the Smash Bros. roster.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Nickname: Forblaze

Character suggestions: Hector from Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword (Rekka No Ken for quick reference, wes) would be a great addition to balance out the overwhelming prescence of swordsmen/women.

Savyna from Baten Kaitos would be great and so would Captain Olimar from Pikmin.

Please make Bowser cuter.

General gaming: Please keep spikes and meteors in and make the c-stick usable in 1 player mode.

That is all. :)

--------------------

Thanks for this, wes.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
For those worried about having to play it with the Wiimote:
"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai. "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

(from IGN)

Emperor Ganon

Smash Cadet
Nickname: Hoody

I would like to see Ganondorf back and possibly make his second form like Giga Bowser to play in Adventure Mode or something like that.

Thanks WCW

GenG

Smash Lord
Ok. let's try...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Nickname: Ikkutebayo (my former nick)
Issue: Suggesting new Characters
Dear Daibunto Smash Bros. X Team, I'd love to see these characters in Brawl
- Stafy and Stapy, from Densetsu no Stafy
- Paula, Jeff or Poo from Mother 2
- Luca, Klaus or Flint from Mother 3
- Mike Jones from Star Tropics
- Takamaru from Nazo no Murasame-Jo
- Little Mac from Punch Out
- Ceciru from Fire emblem Seisen no Keifu
- Lyndis or Hector from Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken
- Eirika or Ephraim from Fire emblem Seima no Kouseki
- Ike from Fire emblem Souen no Kiseki
- Hans and Felix from Golden Sun (Ougon no Taiyo)
- Samurai Goroh from F-Zero
- Dedede from Kirby
- Ray from Custom Robo
- Two or three more corporate characters, like Sonic, Megaman and Bomberman, but no more
- And if it's not a character, I'd like to see an stage or music based of Famicom Detective Club and Shin Oni ga Shima

That's the end of my character suggestion. I hope you do well, cause Smash Bros. Melee is by far my favourite game ever made.

Regards, Ikkutebayo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has to be the perfect Smash game, since the graphic and physic engines are revamped, they have to add a huge roster of new chars, and pull ahead that wifi mode.

Thanks to Wes for his huge contribution.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Nickname~Mario_1234

I think that if you have sonic and tails.... you might as well go all out and have knuckles...

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
I've got one!

Nickname: Lancee [I know there are two E's at the end. Keep it that way.]

Message: I am a huge fan of Star Fox 64 and I'm glad to see that Fox McCould and Falco Lombardi are to of the most used character in competitive play Super Smash Bros. Melee. To balance out representation of the Star Fox Franchise, I think adding Wolf O'Donnel (and Leon Powalski if you have time). Super Smash Bros. Brawl can't be a real brawl unless you add Wolf in the game. Please make my wish come true.

Varo

Smash Rookie
My first post : )

Nickname: Varo
Issue: New Characters,

Mario series:
- Bowser Junior
- Cackletta
- Fawful
- Geno
- Kamek
- Petey Piranha
- Professor E. Gadd
- Toad or Toadsworth

Zelda series:
- Ganon
- Skull kid with Majora's mask
- Tingle
- Vaati

Donkey Kong series:
- Diddy Kong
- K. Rool

Kirby series:
- King Dedede

Metroid series:
- Spire
- Kanden
- Noxus
- Trace
- Sylux
- Weavel
- Space Pirate

Fox series:
- Krystal
- Leon Powalski
- Peppy Hare
- Slippy Toad
- Wolf O'Donnell

- Captain Olimar

- Little Mac

New movesets for clones (Dr.Mario, Ganondorf, Falco, Young Link, Pichu, Roy)

No more 3rd party please.. except maybe Sonic or Bomberman, Megaman would be ridiculous as he is already in all those capcom/marvel series, please dont do it :(

New B moves, could be shield-b moves, make either X or Y the short hop button, X for regular jump and Y for short hop, dont remove Wavedash please.

Take your time, hope you can implement 4 players for online.
I know this will be an awesome game!

I know its a large list, obviously i dont want them all in the game, they are just suggestions

many thanks Wes!

: )

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Nickname: Wrench

I'd like to see more stanima round options. It'd be really cool if you could select how much health you have so that you don't always have to have the same amount for the round.

Characters:
Ephraim from Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones. It would be neat to see another Fire emblem character come into the scene of Smash brothers-especially one that doesn't use a sword and a lance instead.

Isaac or Felix from the Golden sun series: Imagine how cool that would be! being able to use djynn in battles as items or as some of Isaacs moves!

Any of the Kongs from Jungle beat: That would be cool to have another giant character so that were not stuck with bowser and donkey kong and have more possibilities.

Charizard: Now that would be cool! Playing as a dragon! Don't need to say much here.

Wolf from starfox: It would be neat to see a starfox baddy in the game.

Any of the koopa kids: Baby bowser sorta took their positions, but it would be cool to play as one of them in the game

Ike from fire emblem 9: He's just so cool he has to be in the game

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to contact you with our ideas

wiiii

Smash Apprentice
-really really sorrry for the double post, my comp is being a piece ogf sh**
here's my list:
keep all melee chars.
Hector
Lyn
Jafar
Ike
Ephraim
Sonic
Tails
Viewtiful Joe
Diddy Kong
Toad
Daisy
A Dauchsund
Dark Samus
Windwaker Link
StarWolf
Blaziken
Bowser Jr.
Petey Pirahna

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
Nickname: Antioch

Characters:

Geno (Super Mario RPG/Cameo In Super Star Saga).
Mallow (Super Mario RPG).
Fawful (Mario And Luigi Super Star Saga).
Captain Olimar (Pikmin1/2).
Star Wolf (Star Fox Series).
Little Mac (Punch Out!!!).
Isaac (Golden Sun).
Felix (Golden Sun).
Tingle (Various Legend Of Zelda Games).
Vaati (Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap).
Ephraim (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones).

i believe all of these characters would be valuable assets to the game, and are amongst some of the most original characters nintendo has to offer.

also, please do not toss or get rid of any old characters. please bring them all back...
i'd hate to see anyone not in the new smash bros.
but also, i would hope for characters like young link and ganondorf to be able to have their own movesets.
ganondorf should have his sword, and possibly young link be revamped to become windwaker link.

----

thanks a bunch wes!

D

Deleted member

(Ok, here we go....)

Nickname: WindGuru

Dear Designers,

Super Smash Bros. really needs some more Zelda characters.

That’s why I’m suggesting Ralph (from Oracle of Ages). As Link’s only real rival, Ralph deserves to be in it simply to meet with his old friend again. Not only does he have a cool dress sense (!), but he can fight pretty well too. I imagine that he could be able to use his rapier, like he did in the manga adaptation, and utilise some of his moves ‘performed’ (albeit unintentionally) in his game, for example his Hurricane Spin seen in the credits. Ralph also has a great, original character and would fit perfectly into Super Smash Bros. Brawl atmosphere; one minute defending his loved ones, the next dangling upside down from a tree! Surely he could fit into the craziness shown in the trailer!!

Please Nintendo. Ralph really deserves to be seen again. He was cool. Period.

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I already did one, but if you could attach this to someone elses or even send another one.

I'd like to see very selective online play. I.E. the ability to turn off items and to previously set how many people can enter. This way us smashboarers can play our games with our 'gay' wavedashing and whatnot and all of the anime kids and other non-competetive smash players can have their 4v4 with items where they're all playing Link.

That's not a direct letter to be sent. I just hope online play can be super specific as to cater to competetive vs. non-competetive play. Thanks again man, and don't feel obligated to do this or anything.

Eljin

Smash Ace
Wes my man whats good this be E, I will holla at you later online but let me fill out my character suggestions.

Nickname: Eljin

Character suggestions:
1) Megaman Zero (from the Megaman Zero series)
2) Copy X (also from the Megaman Zero series)
3) Rock Lee (Naruto)

POSSIBLE addition
4) Sauske (Naruto)

I picked those 2 from naruto is because for one Rock Lee is perfect for the beat 'em up aspect of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the simple fact that he uses Taijutsu moves only, so there wouldnt be any trouble with like balancing him out. His move set would not be hard to develop, and he could possibly replace Captain Falcon (not that I want that to happen but) Rock Lee is the man.

Sasuke because he does moves similar to Rock Lee but I do think that his Ninjutsu would be hard to replicate in a game like this.

Also keep air dodging in the game so we can still have the ability to wave dash.

Thanks a bunch Wes and would you mind dressing it up a little to show alot of gratitude toward them.

THANKS WES

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Nickname: Nicodemus
Option #1

Please make the WiFi interface sufficiently deep. the random battles of the DS games are fine as an option, but too limited for a tourney game like Smash.

We need the ability to see a ranking list i can access in game, where we can schedule matches and elimination tournaments, queue up, invite people, see standings, see battle stats, things like that.

We also need to ability to switch individual items and stages on and off.

Also, please bring back the individual character intros from Super Smash Bros. they add a lot of flavor and tense build-up for the battle.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
sorry wes, you probably haven't submitted all of these yet anyways so i gotta add onto mine.

if you could just attach it somehow to my previous post, that'd be great.
since i don't know if you submitted it already, or looked at it.
anyways.

Nickname: Antioch

Suggestion:

Please bring back the unique character intros that once were featured in SSB. I believe little things like this will create a better enjoyment for the user as well as a certain tense up to begin the match, and will just make the new brawl experience so much better. Thanks!

STADIUM

Smash Lord
Here are some ideas. I hope they haven't been said:

- A special adventure mode (Odisey?) similiar to the adventure mode from Melee but with huge final bosses (not playables necessarily) depending on your characters: Metroid Prime, the Ancients from Eternal Darkness, Giga Bowser (again ^^), Andross and a lot more.

- New characters with unique abilities to change their fighting style, in the way Zelda/Sheik from Melee: Doshin/Jashin, Ganondorf/Ganon, any laguz from Path of Radiance (human form/animal form), Link human/ Wolf, and so on.

- New "melee game modes". As there is stamina or lightning melee in Special Melee, It should be cool to have "gravity melee" and "ingravity melee". It's self-explanatory :p Anyway, in the battlefield stage against the multi-man melee, you can play with ingravity. Just that for all stages.

- New stages with unique events. I mean that the stage can "change" in an instant to 'another reality'. Imagine a Subcon stage and you pick a potion item from a box, you throw it and appear in the "reversed Subcon stage" like should happen in SMB2. Or a Metroid Prime 2 stage, changing from Aether to Dark Aether. Same goes for Twilight Princess' stages in the normal/twilight realm or even a Zelda Minish Cap stage where suddenly all characters shrink :)

shanus

Smash Hero
Nickname: Shanus

Request:
Please place Sonic/Knuckles/Shadow into the game:
Their movesets seem incredible versatile and true to SSB in which sonic would have speed/phantasm style moves, knuckles would be a slower more powerful hybrid of a peach / melee char, etc.

Fierce Deity Link from Majora's Mask would be a very fun character.

Dark Samus would also be a fun twist on the original samus.

Additionally, I feel Conker's from Conker's bad fur day would be an incredibly character with a hilarious move-set, complimentary to the demo'd moveset of wario.

Finally, please do not remove the clones from the game. I feel that Ganon needs a revised moveset as he is in no way related to Captain Falcon, but Fox/Falco and Link/Y. Link fit into their clones rather well.

Thank you for your time, Shane

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Oooh...this is awesome! Thanks a lot Wes! There's one character I really want, so here's my message.

Nickname: Yukiwarashi

For the Pokemon series, I believe that there is a very important character that should be added. He is well known by all, especially those who started with the first games Red/Green (Blue). This character is none other than Red, the trainer himself. I think this character would make an interesting challenge for creativity, and after all...he is the main character of the game. I think it would be great if Red were to be included in the cast.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
Wes, you kick *** for doing this. here goes, short and sweet

Nickname: Shabz

As far as new characters, I'd like to see Viewtaful Joe, Banjo & Kazooie team, and Toad.

I's also like to see a stage inspired by Super Mario Bros 3 (preferably Giant World, or the Desert World) with appropriate music to match.

Finally, I enjoyed the trophy tussle matches where you got to play on certain trophies as though they were stages. I say bring back trophies and create the ability to use trophies as stages whenever the trophy represents practical stage design.

I know this game is in good hands, and I am anticipating it unlike almost anything I can remember. Keep up the good work and a million thank yous!

RPK

Smash Lord
Nickname: RPK

Like many others I would like to see Geno and Mallow from Super Mario Legend of the Seven stars. And that we also have the ability to download new characters, stages and music to Super Smash Brothers Brawl like how we are able to download the old games onto the Wii.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Nickname: Zeke

Requests:
Diddy Kong, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Banjo-Kazooie

Diddy Kong is to DK as Luigi is to Mario. He had gain popularity from all over. He also developed into his own character and even starred in his own games.

Sonic the Hedgehog always played an important in Nintendo's history. He made peace with Mario as he had his own Nintendo exclusive games. And bringing Sonic into Super Smash Bros Brawl would help his popularity in Japan.

Banjo and Kazooie were also important to Nintendo's history. They are a duo but not similar to the Ice Climbers. Even though they now belong to Microsoft they are still important characters of Nintendo.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Nickname: PZX2DN4F

Please give Ganondorf another u-tilt and Luigi another dash-attack. I would also like to see all the characters from SSBM return in SSBB, in addition to a lot of new ones. I don't want to see to many 3rd party characters in the game, and I would like to see the guy from Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Diddy Kong, Samurai Goroh, King K. Rool, Heracross, Kamek and Mike Jones (from Startropics) in the game. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I would also like to see mr Tingle in the game.

"Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah! ...These are the magic words that Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!" - Tingle (in Majora's Mask).

Just think of his taunt...

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Nickname: Bloo Demon

First, I want to thank you smash team for bringing this awesome game to us, we enjoyed Smash Bros. even here, in Mexico. As for characters, I would like to see mostly Nintendo characters to maintain the game essence. The only 3rd party character I would love to see its Sonic the Hedgehog, I think it would fit very well and many people wanted him since Smash Bros. Melee.

For other characters, I would like to see: Lyn or Hector from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword; Captain Olimar from Pikmin; Blaziken from Pokemon, Tetra from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Ray MK from Custom Robo and King Dedede from Kirby.

Again, thank you for everything and take your time, we know you are doing your best in this.

malva00

Smash Master
Nickname: Isai

Message: Let the characters be able to fall through platforms while blocking like how it was in Super Smash Brothers 64. In SSBM the ground dodge took away that skill so platforms became less strategic. Maybe you can make it so you have to press a button with down on the joystick to be able to fall through platforms while blocking again. You don't have to get rid of the ground dodge.

Also give us the option to save a replay whenever we get a new record in Break the Targets. It is a big competition among players worldwide.

Edit: West coast wes if you need help translating ground dodge(for some reason <___<) I asked a japanese player and he said その場緊急回避

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nickname: Michel

Dear Nintendo,

I heard you where looking for ideas for filling the Super Smash Bros. Brawl roster.
I think Diddy Kong would be a good addition. Diddy Kong as you know is pretty much wanted and my favorite game character EVER. And, well... Donkey Kong should not be the only DK character I think. That's mainly because Diddy and DK have sort of same relation as Mario and Luigi. Also I noticed Diddy is in alot of Mario Sport games lately. Thank you for giving him a change to shine.

Also Diddy had a mayor role in the DK games, he's Donkey Kong's sidekick and stared his own racing game. Also he is excactly the opposite of DK which is very intressting. Where DK has power Diddy has speed, he surely would not end up as a clone character of DK. Ofcoarse you know this character better then me but I think Diddy is pretty good suited for Smash Bros Brawl.

DKClap

Smash Rookie
Nickname: Colin

New Characters:

Jeff, Poo, Paula, and Starman (Mother 2)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Trevor Belmont (Castlevania)

dma315

Smash Rookie
Nickname-dma315

Dear Nintendo and Super Smash Brothers Brawl Developers,

My main suggestion is a co-operative mode where two players can complete a team mission together.

Also, a new set of moves for Gannondorf would be appropriate too.

Also, there are certain characters in Melee that are a bit unfair, specifically Sheik, Marth, and Fox, which if people know how to exploit, can absolutely dominate with. Downgrading them a bit would be also great.

More developed one player mode that may differ from character to character

Bring back "board the platforms"

Using the Y or X-Button as new set of attacks, only one of them needs to be jump

Finally a few character suggestions,

Waluigi
Captain Olimar
Diddy Kong
Boo
Space Pirate
other pokemon??
f-zero characters??
King Dede
King K. Rool
Toad
Goron
earth bound characters??
MASTER CHIEF! (if microsoft would give rights)
Eliwood
eternal darkness characters??
Saria

Thanks

Phlippie

Smash Cadet
Nickname: Phlippie

Kanden

I think Kanden from Metroid Prime Hunters would be a great character, because techniques Volt Driver and StingLarva. Consider this please!

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Name: Elana

Message: I hope that all of the current Smash Bros. characters will return in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I hope that the characters will be rebalanced, so that no one is overwhelmingly too strong or too weak. I would like to see as many characters in this game as possible, maybe somewhere upwards of 50 characters (Marvel vs. Capcom 2 did it!).

The player should be able to toggle their name tag on and off, while still being able to keep a record of their battles. Having the name tag visible at all times gives away the position of teleporting characters.

Some new characters could include:
Diddy and Dixie Kong, maybe in tandem?
Golden Sun characters could be included.
Any Final Fantasy characters would likely draw new gamers to the series.
Geno from Super Mario RPG.
Megaman.
The Balloon Fighter?
Impa.
And don't forget to include the (very few) female game characters :(

A tune I would like to hear is the first Hyrule Castle theme from The Legend of Zelda: A Link the Past. The same song made a reprisal in the underwater Hyrule Castle of Wind Waker.

Some of the old Donkey Kong Country games on Super Nintendo had really catchy music. Some good remixes of those could also be appropriate.

Top Bottom