• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Was Wrong - Thread of Mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I will be honest .

The Lucina Reveal was a hard hit for us , the Roy's fan . After the ESRB LEAK , all of my Roy's Hope vanished it was the end , the battle was loosed .

But since Mewtwo was Annonced , i was the Fierce Defender of our boy , here , in FRANCE and in the Leak Group ... And look were are we .

Your turn . Tell us that you were wrong , all of you who say " NO NEED OF T3H PH1R3" or Loose Hope

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't really enjoy this threads, but this time, I want the haters to finally face that supporting Roy was never sign of this idiotic "Melee-nostalgia-***" dumbassery.

Still, we fans shouldn't act cocky ourselves or demand their apology. Let them come out on their own choice, and eventually see.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't really enjoy this threads, but this time, I want the haters to finally face that supporting Roy was never sign of idiotic nostalgia-goggles dumbassery.
Yup , they need to come here and Face us ... Just to say " I was wrong " and " sorry to make fun of you "

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit that I was against his inclusion. But on the bright side, new punching bag.

I'm not sorry and I'm glad he's still a clone. It's funny how you guys thought he would be changed, he has nothing unique about him. Hopefully he's laughably bad again, too.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm not sorry and I'm glad he's still a clone. It's funny how you guys thought he would be changed, he has nothing unique about him. Hopefully he's laughably bad again, too.
That really mean for his fan you know ...

I hope you enjoy your :shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll admit that I was against his inclusion. But on the bright side, new punching bag.

Not to rain on your parade, but we still haven't seen all of his moves.

But I don't think you'd care. :p

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice

If you're gonna try to bait, you're gonna have to mask it a little better than that for at least most of us here. :T

-----

Either way, eh, I don't think anyone needs to apologize for anything. If haters wanna hate, that's whatever, it's their right, even if I think they're wrong-- I'm just not going to give them the time of day.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02

Actually, he's a semi-clone with a lot of changed moves. So you might wanna suck up your salt there bro.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I've never expected to re-see him in a Smash game. But he looks way cooler than in Melee (both moveset and look wise), so I'm happy of his return.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I WILL ADMIT IT!

...I was never wrong to see my boy at all. At least he made the DLC

Kjellson

Smash Rookie
I have to admit that I was never on the "Roy's our boy" train...

BUT

I'm so glad that he's back just because he was in Melee. Cuts sucks.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well, I was never against Roy, neither was I was rooting for you guys like the "boy-ers". I do like that he's returning with a nice new design for Roy that has him aged quite a little. I did like the idea of the leak with the Ryu part especially when it came about back in April. I remember during the speculation days though that I was rooting for him at times, even then I was supporting Lucina too.

So I wasn't totally wrong, but I had my doubts on him to say the least due not expecting to have 2 clones of Marth.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979

Tfw Roy is better than your mains
There was a problem fetching the tweet

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSnrlmjB4MM
if you want a moveset.
I'd call him a ganondorf style clone. slight change to some moves, and he has links side smash (just the first one) and ikes dair.
For popularity I see them giving him as dlc, didn't take too much to make him. I'm not really excited for him though, I am on the "ehh another swordsman" train. they should've just given him a Chrom alt skin to get that out of the way too XD.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I wasn't necesarily wrong about Roy getting in, but I was wrong about him being a worthless addition.

You have no idea how glad I am that they're actually changing him a bit, with new animations and even a few completely different moves.

I just wish Lucina and Dark Pit had gotten the same treatment, now they really stick out like a sore thumb when even even Roy of all characters out-did them both in originality.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
I just wish Lucina and Dark Pit had gotten the same treatment, now they really stick out like a sore thumb when even even Roy of all characters out-did them both in originality.
To be fair Lucina and Dork Pit were legit last minute additions to the game's full release and Roy is a character people expect to play 5 bucks for separately.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I didn't expect him to be back in, even with DLC. I am pleasantly surprised he's back. I'm glad they did differentiate him more from Marth and Lucina.

As a Snake supporter, I sympathize with you guys due to all the haters.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm not here to say i was wrong, (I thought he'd be in, even though I heavily dislike him), but to say congratulations to all you Roy fans! No really, congratulations guys, you made it!

One small word of advice though, please don't go around calling the people who didn't think Roy would be in, or disagreed with him being in "dumb", that's how to create haters not get rid of them. To be honest this kinda thing made me hate Roy. Hopefully you guys don't need this advice.

:colorful:Have fun playing Roy though, you guys really deserve it!:colorful:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm not here to say i was wrong, (I thought he'd be in, even though I heavily dislike him), but to say congratulations to all you Roy fans! No really, congratulations guys, you made it!

One small word of advice though, please don't go around calling the people who didn't think Roy would be in, or disagreed with him being in "dumb", that's how to create haters not get rid of them. To be honest this kinda thing made me hate Roy. Hopefully you guys don't need this advice.

:colorful:Have fun playing Roy though, you guys really deserve it!:colorful:
I already said the same thing above, so no worries. I only wish the haters would stop with very unbased, subjective/blind hate overall.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
speaking as more of a fire emblem fan then a smash fan, speaking from my personal experiences with the fire emblem games, i fervently dislike roy's return. however, you guys won this fight, against all nay-sayers you revived him. you all voted him back into the spotlight, and for that, congratulations. i'm not sorry for my opinion on his character, but i'm glad that at least you all will be having a ball with him, once he releases. at first when i saw the leaks, i was in disbelief, then denial, but i've reached acceptance. he is a part of the smash 4 roster i'll never use... but you all will be able to... and that's what's important. at least, that's the conclusion i've come to after everything that's happened today.

Noss92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ness92
Roy will not return! they said...There's already a Roy in the roster! they said...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be fair, no sane man would have expected him after Lucina's reveal. But of course, Sakurai is not sane, nor are the Roy fans. :4pacman: That's why we got him back. :wario:

:231:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I didn't think he had much of a chance (and I didn't really care much about him either), but I was no hater. You Roy. Brand fouetté the good fight and WON!!! Your enthusiasm has inspired me and makes very interested in Roy to play in this game. Good jobs guys, you earned your well-fought victory.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I was thrilled with Mewtwo and never expected I'd get my secondary (and sometimes primary) main from Melee back. I'm just looking forward to having an alternate main now I'm excited to play as! Couldn't care less if he's awful or not. To be honest, though, I was kind of hoping for Hector... swordsman are cool, but an axe fighter in Sm4sh? That'd be awesome!

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
I didn't want him in the game because based off how they did Mewtwo I figured he was gonna end up being another clone of Marth. I'm hearing he's gotten some move changes so I don't really have any more complaints.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'know, Roy's lead up to his reveal was a lot similar to Mewtwo's.

After Greninja's reveal, everyone was pretty much assured that Mewtwo was not gonna be in the game. After Lucina's reveal, the same thing happened with Roy.

I'm glad that didn't end up happening.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I have to admit that I didn't think that he would be in, nor did I think his inclusion would be wise considering that a lot of people have been arguing that the FE fanbase hates him. I honestly didn't think that FE needed another character either, but I had nothing against him personally. I am happy for his fans, and I now see why (seeing him played and playing him myself) he is so beloved by his fans. My only other wish would be that he would have even more differences with Marth, but I suppose he is unique enough in Sakurai's eyes. So congrats Roy fans.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Glad he's back. : )
He's the only clone (although he's seems more luigi-fied this time around) i wanted to return.
However, i'm here to apologize, since i REALLY doubted his inclusion/return. (before his name was found in the dump-files, that is).

Wow, what's with that pompous attitude?

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Yeah I was wrong and used the Roy Joke a lot.
Can't say I am mad that he is back though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm surprised at myself for being happy to see Roy back... I was against Roy since he was a clone in Melee and even more so when we already have Lucina... but now I see that Roy at least is decloned a little bit, there's no point of having Lucina. I'm surprised Fire Emblem has 5 characters now. I'll be looking forward to playing as Roy when the traffic is better for me to visit eShop.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My :salt: senses are tingling in here.
Anyways, I was pretty neutral about his chances mainly since there's already a :4roy: in the games so it would've gone either way for me. Maybe he will make it back, maybe he won't. Then his reveal trailer was shown...and BOOM! There he is!
Excited to see :4feroy: and the Fire Emblem series getting more reps as a result. I'm also excited for :4ryu: as well.

Nevran

Smash Rookie
I would still love for the poor Lucina to actually have a real moveset/specificity... The add of Roy is really cruel for her.

Hermitdude

Smash Cadet
I have so much trouble finding a main and I finally settle on LM and THEN Nintendo releases Roy!? Come on!

But seriously, I'm really glad Roy is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom