• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I was never aware...

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
That I used the Z button so much, until it stopped working. Default controls, and Z button is just pushed in... so yeah

How often do you guys use the Z button with Wolf, and primarily for what? Also say why.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
My z button on my GC controller has been broken since Brawl came out. I use y for jumping and I changed my grab to X.

You don't need the z button for boost smashing or anything really. You can switch r to attack and be fine.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I don't have a grab button, I have to use shieldgrabs. Well, my taunt buttons are set to grab, but that's just for chaingrabbing. Stupid wiichuck :mad:

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Why not use GC controller? It's considerably better in my opinion ^_^

Also, what do people commonly do after you Dthrow them at zero percent? It forces some sort of reaction, so which is the most common? I get spotdodging or jabbing (or some other really fast move) after a Dthrow at 0.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I don't have a gc controller... never owned a game cube, and I got used to wiichuck quickly, it works well enough for me. It just makes things like boost smashing harder, not like boost smash is easy with my controls anyways though.

Usually people do the fastest move then can, which is usually a defensive option like spotdodging or shielding. I just hold A to jab through the spotdodge, or cancel the jab into a grab if they shield. Btw, the bayonet has a really ridiculous hitbox, for those who didn't know.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a gc controller... never owned a game cube, and I got used to wiichuck quickly, it works well enough for me. It just makes things like boost smashing harder, not like boost smash is easy with my controls anyways though.

Usually people do the fastest move then can, which is usually a defensive option like spotdodging or shielding. I just hold A to jab through the spotdodge, or cancel the jab into a grab if they shield. Btw, the bayonet has a really ridiculous hitbox, for those who didn't know.
I agree....i never owned a GC either...and got easily use to the Wiichuck...but i have a ???

if u set a GC controller to x...does it make it easier to grab and boost-smash...plus has anyone tried using the GC controller for z to jump...seems pretty ok to do...wat r thoughts

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Heh, you're in a role of threads Arc...:laugh:

Anyway I use Z for boostin smashing and for dash grabs, for normal grabs I just shieldgrab.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I'm bored, so I make new threads. And I've just been used to a GC controller, default controls O_O Never played Melee either haha. I can boost smash just fine with the C stick down up and Z thing. Though I find it easier to do a standing grab with Z than shieldgrab, primary reason is the turn around grabs xD

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Why not use GC controller? It's considerably better in my opinion ^_^

Also, what do people commonly do after you Dthrow them at zero percent? It forces some sort of reaction, so which is the most common? I get spotdodging or jabbing (or some other really fast move) after a Dthrow at 0.
After a 0% D-throw I usually f-smash, smash boost, try to re-grab, f-air, or if I'm fast enough with the RAR I b-air.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I don't think I've paid attention to what they do really. Wait I know! They get caught in my Fsmash, that's what.

TheTickleMonster

Smash Rookie
I actually dont use Z at all. I used to main falcon, so my Grab was set to X. its easier to combo with than the Z button for me, also pivot grabs cancel quicker with a face than a trigger.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I use z all the time with Wolf, actually. That really sucks that yours doesn't work anymore. I always downthrow the opponent and shoot them right when they get back up, I also find upthow + uair and backthrow + bair + another bair to be useful, since both of those combos are great for juggling.

Top Bottom