• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to get good...

Tbro

Smash Cadet
But I don't have any feasible way to. I know to prepare for Ultimate people say "Just practice Sm4sh" but my wifi is utter garbage so I can't play on for glory (and even if I could I only have the 3DS version) and all of my friends are casuals/ button mashers who don't care about playing optimally. I've basically just been spending time in training mode finding combos but I don't know when to apply them. If there's anyone in AZ who wants to help me practice please reply to this thread (Maricopa county; I'm two hours away from Tucson and 2.5 from Flagstaff). I already preordered Ultimate so I will be able to play that as soon as it comes out (but not with all the characters obviously)

D

Deleted member

Start by practicing with Cpu's. Level 9. Do this with all the characters so you can get a feel of all the characters. Also, learning your combos, neutral game, and practicing your defensive and offensive playstyles are important. Try finding local tournements in your area. Smashboards has a official discord for that. Lastly, just work hard and dont give up! :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Actually, don't play against level 9 CPUs. What's great about a human player is the ability to adapt. AIs aren't on that level, and probably won't be for a long time. You'll pick up bad habits. Here's a link to Discord for Super Smash Bros. Click "SMASH 4" on the top right. Once that loads, find the name of the character you main. If you main Cloud, look under the "Smash 4 Character Discords A-M".

Last edited:

Lonewolf14

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2080-2648-6485
Switch FC
7006 3040 7837
just watch izaw's "art of smash" dude

Top Bottom