• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to get better at playing Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valacar

Smash Cadet
I've been playing smash for years, but I've always been just a very casual player. With the new game coming up, my friends and I have been playing brawl quite alot, and I'm sick of always being the person who dies first and finishes last. My main has always been Pikachu ever since the first game for the N64, so I figure I should probably stick with him. (He's B tier according to the wiki, so hes not a bad pick)

Could anyone reccomend me some great guides on how to play Pikachu effectively (Especially against Mario) and perhaps give me a few pointers on how some moves could combo into others, etc?

Yes I use the c-stick. Yes I can air dodge/sidestep effectively- if you need to know.

Defile

Smash Apprentice
I would recommend scourging YouTube for matches of top professional Pika mains like Anther or Esam.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
we can't really help you until you get more of the fundamentals down
not pikachu specific techniques

so my advice is to practice with more characters
and practice brawl mechanics that everyone uses first

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
You shouldn't be watching P:M videos to help you with Brawl.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Because they're 2 totally different games..

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hi.

There are Character discussion boards available on smashboards, for every playable character, including Pikachu.
You would find more luck in there most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom