• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to be better

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
w00t! Someone worse than me!

*You gain 15 self-confidence points*

lol JK Read my guide! lol ^_^

Levitas

the moon
probably shouldn't post a vid of you versus a cpu. It doesn't show how you would play against people, and it's hard to guage someone's abilities on that information alone. Also, it doesn't show if you know how to trick someone.

One that note, check the guide, watch vids on the vid thread, and make sure you understand what they are doing throughout the entire vid. If you can't figure it out, just ask.

Also, the best way to get better is to play people who are better than you. Most of the time, that will help you find weaknesses in your strategies/approaches.

D

Deleted member

Yay a ness worse than me *throws party* JK, but i didnt watch very much of it. Anyways, we cant judge u on a computor battle, but ya, read guide, watch vids of sinma and other good ness's, and btw, bad to put a video of u fighting a lvl 7 computor and claiming that ness doesnt suck. 1. because people are very mean on the internet and 2. becuase ness does suck :p

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
LOL this video made me rofl. it was really good! :chuckle:

Edit: LMAO i'm stalking mango somehow and posting right after him in like every single thread LOL.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
LMFAOOOOOOOO
this is like my jiggs getting ***** by lvl 9 peach LOL
i love the music
*dies laughing*

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm torn between the fact that he's fighting a level 7 Marth, and the fact that this video got the Fruit Crew all up in the Ness boards.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
FYI, most people say a lvl 7 is tougher than a lvl 9 because it isn't quite as aggressive.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, unless the damage ratio is 2 and your handicap is 8 less than theirs, lol.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
kazydai u should start out by downloading and joining the Global Smasher Compendium
(you can find info and download links for that here: http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/GSC )

after that you can save up money to make the 8 hour drive to my house so we can smash^_^

or u could just use the Global Smasher Compendium to find new smashers in your area and smash with them^_^

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
kazydai u should start out by downloading and joining the Global Smasher Compendium
(you can find info and download links for that here: http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/GSC )

after that you can save up money to make the 8 hour drive to my house so we can smash^_^

or u could just use the Global Smasher Compendium to find new smashers in your area and smash with them^_^

Wow, that sounds awesome. Yeah, you guys were totally right about the vid (why the hell did I post that?>_<), but I appreciate the honest feedback. My goal was to become a pro without using pro techniques. I know it sounds weird, but I have friends who do all that wavedashing stuff (Not bashing wavedashers) and I can still totally beat them with simple mind tricks and using moves they totally wouldn't expect. I know it probably wouldn't stand in a tournament, but it's a start. Maybe my friends are just stupid. >_< My biggest problem is recovery. And I can't YYG to save my life.

Levitas

the moon
I used to take that approach, but really it's much more practical to just work with what you have (ie tech and a better character). I generally don't use Ness in tourneys unless I four-stock the guy with my marth in game one of the set.

And yeah, Ness's recovery takes practice.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Wavedashing is never required for winning, it's only a simple trick which allows you to act faster on the ground. I DO suggest learning to waveland with Ness, but even that's not really neccessary. Just work on your timing, your spacing, and L-cancelling your aerials and you should be good.

Also, only Simna and Toasty can YYG to save their lives.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I loved Marth's power block during the video. OMG I wish I had those reflexes. No but nice match and for some reason you have a habit of aiming the PKT2 straight up. Oh and try to DJC relly fast on the ground. It makes a better approach than a dash attack most of the time.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I really can't consistently Wavedash, but I can do a few in a row in the same direction without messing up. Other wise, I look like I'm a 4-year old playing Smash. I can Waveland well, though. Trust me, waveland is good.

edub

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that sounds awesome. Yeah, you guys were totally right about the vid (why the hell did I post that?>_<), but I appreciate the honest feedback. My goal was to become a pro without using pro techniques. I know it sounds weird, but I have friends who do all that wavedashing stuff (Not bashing wavedashers) and I can still totally beat them with simple mind tricks and using moves they totally wouldn't expect. I know it probably wouldn't stand in a tournament, but it's a start. Maybe my friends are just stupid. >_< My biggest problem is recovery. And I can't YYG to save my life.
until this pots i thought the video was a huge joke and everyone in this thread got majorly trolled.

guess not

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Wow Annoying. You've been playing how long and you can't consistently wavedash? I guess post count and time on Smashboards doesn't really tell your skill.

jk annoying I can't say anything cause I've never seen any of your videos.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol I made a video of me playing as Fox. Against 3 lvl 9 computers. And winning. Yep. I totally won. And did not lose or suicide. Definitely not losing.

Yeah, I'm a more casual Smasher, I just play for fun. If I happen to learn an advanced technique, yay for me.

DO NOT CLICK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2oXzpsMx24

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Those are like uber pro skills. I feel embaressed to play as Fox now. It seemed like you got hit by every single attack in existance.

Top Bottom