• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want an horror videogame rep in Super Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Really, I want that. The closest we have as an horror franchise to be represented in Smash Bros. is probably Metroid, which can be kind of creepy sometimes (maybe even Earthbound and certain Zelda games). But what I want is an actual character from a game which is officially considered an horror.
Imho, Fatal Frame could be the perfect fit since it's now a Nintendo exclusive. I don't know if I'd like more one of the protagonists or one of the ghosts, but it could be an interesting choice. Being put into a game like Smash Bros. automatically kills every actual scare the character can give so there's no problem for the kids.
Another rep which would be awesome is obviously a character from Eternal Darkness, maybe Alexandra Roivas or even Pious Augustus. Just work them out so they're not so realistic-looking and it's done.
I just want one because it would mark the distance between a character like Pikachu and a character like a ghost, giving even more variety to the game. Also the stage doesn't need to be much more scarier than Luigi's Mansion LOL, they could put scary stuff in it but with Villager and Pikachu battling it out the contrast would be so strong that it wouldn't be effective at all.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Fatal Frame is your best bet
What about Simon Belmont?
I don't really consider it horror in the sense that it's actually legitimately scary. Castlevania isn't any scarier than Luigi's Mansion to me, so basically it's not scary at all. I guess it counts, though.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
There's not a whole lot to choose from Nintendo's first or second parties.
Alexandria Rovias from Eternal Darkness fits the bill nicely.

Also, I've been petitioning for John Raimi for years (see: signature and subsequent support thread). I wouldn't consider Geist a quintessential "horror" game, but there's some creepy parts.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Alexandria Rovias sounds like a better choice for a playable character IMO. John Raimi and a Fatal Frame Protagonist+Ghost could be assist trophies.

I'm going to go look for Alexandria's thread now.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I would LOVE Pious Augustus playable. He would be such a cool character and in a way I think it would make a lot of sense for a villain to be the primary representative of a Horror game/series. It seems to me like it would be a waste to get a playable character from a horror game and not have them be scary. (Granted their scariness would be dampened in smash bros but that's not the point)

Alexandra doesn't interest me in the same way, she reminds me a bit too much of Zero Suit Samus in terms of looks.

Plus who wouldn't want to play as an undead centurion skeleton lich?

@ Altais Altais Not too long ago (about 2-3 months) I saw an article on Nintendolife saying the Sadness game was being developed again for Wii U. Unless it's been cancelled a second time....

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Do Pokemon with horror back-stories count?

Dead child, evolution of Phantump.

Dead person, evolution of Yamask.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Abandoned doll looking for you like a stalker.

108 trapped souls, presumably from sinning, manifested in a being of pure evil.

smash run emeny idc Haunted chandelier that steals souls.

Want more?

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789

Ima just post the pokedex entry.
XSinging in eerie voices, they wander town streets on the night of the new moon. Anyone who hears their song is cursed.
YIt enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom