• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wanna play more cpt falcon...but...

HD_Vishion

Smash Cadet
NNID
16LetterUsername
...I would feel dirty...I would feel like it would be a loss to my own identity, and that I would just be "joining the zerg"...kinda like using the mp11 from MW3...hahaha.

There are few others like him, who have the power-speed combo...Charizard SHOULD have it, but doesn't!!! argh.

Little macs got it...but thats not gonna ****in happen, obviously.

The only other character that comes close to having such awesome speed + power is Pikachu or diddy kong...mannn if they gave pikachu a faster fall speed haha...\

...and sheik i guess...but i never liked sheik.

I wish they didnt **** my man charizard over. In the pokemon game, his speed stat is WAY higher than pikachus, and very close to greninjas! The charizard in the game is like some reject Charizard that got kicked off that one charizard island or whatevr the **** that place was called.

hmmmm...decisions decisions.

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
charizard (even both megas) have base speed of 100, average in the current metagame
greninja has a base speed of 122, much higher than most of the metagame's speed, and one of the reasons greninja was banned to ubers by smogon
also charizard's "running" speed isnt half bad
people say play who you like, but that also includes what feels fun, if you like playing captain falcon because he feels fun, that's fine

oh yeah, by metagame I meant both smogon and vgc

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
If your reason to not play a character is that it is popular then you sir are a hipster and are choosing your mains to flatter your ego.

This is vanity, and vanity will never bring you anything good (in fighting games at least), you should play the characters you enjoy playing without caring about what others play or say.

HD_Vishion

Smash Cadet
NNID
16LetterUsername
If your reason to not play a character is that it is popular then you sir are a hipster and are choosing your mains to flatter your ego.

This is vanity, and vanity will never bring you anything good (in fighting games at least), you should play the characters you enjoy playing without caring about what others play or say.
You're right m8. Thank you.

goose32

Smash Cadet

Well put. I have this tendency of my own, not even limited to Smash other games, like League. I fully admit that it's a hipster mentality, and vanity can certainly be a big part of it for some people. My reasoning is that I prefer to main characters I don't see others use not because they're weak, but rather I enjoy playing them AND they're underrepresented.

Honestly, though, if a character is top tier, I'm probably not going to play them; I would suspect vanity is a part of that decision making process, even though I'm far from a braggart. I would say that it's not much of an achievement to be good with the strongest characters and it's not as satisfying. I'll still play good characters, just not top tier or those that are obnoxious to play against. Captain falcon is a solid character, and isn't a pain to play against (looking at you, Sonic).

Lionman

Smash Champion
A lot of people plays falcon but can you make Falcon look like an awesome character instead of a ****ty new Little Mac?

i do

Also Falcon is the best so its ok to be popular

Last edited:

HD_Vishion

Smash Cadet
NNID
16LetterUsername
Well put. I have this tendency of my own, not even limited to Smash other games, like League. I fully admit that it's a hipster mentality, and vanity can certainly be a big part of it for some people. My reasoning is that I prefer to main characters I don't see others use not because they're weak, but rather I enjoy playing them AND they're underrepresented.

Honestly, though, if a character is top tier, I'm probably not going to play them; I would suspect vanity is a part of that decision making process, even though I'm far from a braggart. I would say that it's not much of an achievement to be good with the strongest characters and it's not as satisfying. I'll still play good characters, just not top tier or those that are obnoxious to play against. Captain falcon is a solid character, and isn't a pain to play against (looking at you, Sonic).
Ya, thats kinda the way i see it too. At first i wanted to main Charizard because, well, its ****in charizard. But then, i discovered that it was a Charizard that seemed to be a reject from Charizard island or whatever the **** that place is called in the anime.

I mean, its still Charizard, just one leveled up with 100 action-replayed rare candies.

Then, i also found out he was low tier, after getting really good with him. Not only low tier, but many tier lists put him right on the bottom. I would argue that a huge advantage to playing a low-tier character is that, because nobody uses him, nobody is used to playing against him. So when people come across a good Charizard they get rekt because they dont know what to do!

Thats definitely the case with me lol. When i come across a good Charizard every 1 in 200 "For Glory" matches, i have no idea how to deal with the super armor and ridiculous surprise-attacks.

...and i am so used to playing against cpt falcon with charizard, because my brother mains cpt falcon and we've played thousands and thousands of 1v1 matches together, I see Captain Falcon as an easy W for Charizard! Its funny.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've mained :4falcon: since the humble days of 64. Even in his poor Brawl incarantion, I still had fun using him.

You shouldn't negelct a character you enjoy just because people tend to pick him or that other mains complain about him. Only the good Falcons shine. :4falcon:

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon is awesome also he ´s the only reasom Smash bros is an amazing game, he technically owns all tournaments (except brawl)

lead_magnet

Smash Rookie
Hey! I use Falcon in Smash 4 alongside Puff. I can sort of relate to this but in Melee as my main for that game is Marth who there is well... an abundance of in the tourney scene. If you can kick ass with the character then use it! :4falcon:

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
Sounds to me like you don't actually want to play more Captain Falcon...

Top Bottom