• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Wanna Choke the Life Outta Google! URGH!

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
I've looked everywhere on Google, using about a dozen different search queries, and have gotten NOTHING of value regarding this specific question:

How on Earth do I correctly set up DIOS MIOS to save a Gamecube game? It's as if Google knows what I'm looking for, and is actually trying to HIDE it from me! What gives?!:mad:

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
I"m nearly to the point of plucking each individual beard whisker off of my chin in sheer exasperation, because I can't get at the information I so desperately need (Google being the archetypal "hide engine").

The information in question is thus: how do I correctly set up my SD card so I can actually save games (or upload gamesaves onto it), while using DIOS MIOS? Every time I try to start Melee, DIOS MIOS asks me if I wish to create a save file. If I choose YES, the blasted game hangs, because it apparently can't access a nonexistent save folder (so it can put the save file into it).

Also, it appears that DIOS MIOS is "cheat blind", that is, I can't get a gct file which is obviously there to have any effect on the game itself.

UPDATE: Can't even get DIOS MIOS Booter to work properly. This is really starting to p*** me off..BIG time! :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I"m nearly to the point of plucking each individual beard whisker off of my chin in sheer exasperation, because I can't get at the information I so desperately need (Google being the archetypal "hide engine").

The information in question is thus: how do I correctly set up my SD card so I can actually save games (or upload gamesaves onto it), while using DIOS MIOS? Every time I try to start Melee, DIOS MIOS asks me if I wish to create a save file. If I choose YES, the blasted game hangs, because it apparently can't access a nonexistent save folder (so it can put the save file into it).

Also, it appears that DIOS MIOS is "cheat blind", that is, I can't get a gct file which is obviously there to have any effect on the game itself.

UPDATE: Can't even get DIOS MIOS Booter to work properly. This is really starting to p*** me off..BIG time! :mad::mad::mad:
I use CFG Loader most of the time and I can use cheats fine using that loader. I didnt even know Dios Mios has the capability to emulate memory cards. I know Nintendont can but I've never heard of doing that with Dios Mios. When I boot Melee up, it justs says I have no memory card in (like normal) and I just say "continue without saving". What version of Dios Mios are you using? If it's a new feature or something, maybe try an earlier version of Dios Mios...? I believe I'm using 2.10.

Last edited:

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
Do you need a real Gamecube memory card to run your mod? If so, I'm pretty much screwed--I don't know ANYWHERE (save online) where I could find one. GCMM actually REQUIRES a Gamecube memory card for proper usage.

Last edited:

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
I must be thinking of the Crazy Mod. Sorry, Achilles. My bad. :facepalm:

I actually got your 20XX mod to run (albeit with annoying random bugs) on Nintendont.

Do you happen to have a bug-fixed version available?

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
Sadly, that version still has bugs in it, especially in Adventure mode (probably due to trophies trying to spawn, and not being there = FREEZE). Could someone come up with a universal "trophy spawn blocker" code? That would eliminate this issue right away.

Doq

Smash Lord
Sadly, that version still has bugs in it, especially in Adventure mode (probably due to trophies trying to spawn, and not being there = FREEZE). Could someone come up with a universal "trophy spawn blocker" code? That would eliminate this issue right away.
Not really, especially in Classic's grab the trophies stage.

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
Here's a (possibly incomplete) list of places where trophies spawn at random: Classic's Snag the Trophies and Race to the Finish stages, Adventure's Mushroom Kingdom, Great Maze, Escape from Brinstar, Mute City and Infinite Glacier stages, and All-star's hub stage (with the heart containers).

BTW, there IS already a code to stop trophies from spawning on the Snag the Trophies stage. Why not the other ones?

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
That's what I use--and it indeed works. However, the Crazy Mod is NOT compatible with Nintendont. On a side note, my white PSP Go died, so I had to order another one (to the tune of 82 bucks--not bad, but pretty pricey when you're "in between jobs").

Top Bottom