• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I usually find that Side B gets punished more than Fsmash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC=3

Smash Cadet
I know that Side B is considerably stronger then Fsmash, but I keep reading over and over again that Fsmash is worse. Really, if you miss an Fsmash, the worst they can do is a jab combo or a grab. (Unless they're a Space Animal, then they can do a quick smash) But the lag from the Side B is a lot bigger, and characters can roll behind you (really easy to do with Lucario too) and do a half charged smash on you.

This ever happen to anyone else, or am I just fighting super opponents?

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
no its true (i think) cause Fsmash hits behind you also, but usually i sweet spot the side b so im far enough away from the oppenent, especially ikes with their counter

BUNI

Smash Apprentice
Yea the Side-B really is better, especially when you factor in B-Sticking (so fun!) I use the F-Smash anyway tho cause there is something about the sweet spotted Fsmash that i love, it's all like "SWOOP!" ya know?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Side+B has almost no lag whatsoever after the attack ends.
The Fsmash has very ample lag after it ends... more than enough for most characters to run in and Usmash you even if you space it "properly" on their shield. The attack also has a noticeable start up and is easily avoided by short hopping.

In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
No.
10terriblefsmashes
You fail at using intelligence to prove your point[?]

In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about.
and you do? Who are you? an unprovoked passive aggressive Asshole.

Make use of the moveset in anyway that helps you win,
if you get punished alot using sideB, obviously you shouldnt use it so much.
That goes for Fsmash as well, or any other move.
Honest opinions ftw

-Love
whut?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
and you do? Who are you? an unprovoked passive aggressive Asshole.

Make use of the moveset in anyway that helps you win,
if you get punished alot using sideB, obviously you shouldnt use it so much.
That goes for Fsmash as well, or any other move.
Honest opinions ftw

-Love
whut?
If people don't test their own obvious misinformation before posting it, they deserve all the ridicule that follows. Facts > "honest opinions" for whatever crap they might actually be worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom