• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I unlocked Sonic...

SonicMario

Smash Master
It wouldn't be 300 Brawls. Or else ROB would've been unlocked before Sonic.

You must of either done A. Played Classic with 10 diff. characters or B. This odd 4th Method that people has been reporting. Must of done alot of Running.

I will probably guess B. Unless you report going through Classic alot.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Supposedly there is a run distance requirement. If you played 4 player a lot during your first day you would have probably gotten it.

Generic

Smash Rookie
I believe beating classic with 10 characters or playing 10 hours of brawls are the only other ways to unlock sonic though I think he might be unlocked when you get the Tails trophy. (30k km or something like that...)

SonicMario

Smash Master
I believe beating classic with 10 characters or playing 10 hours of brawls are the only other ways to unlock sonic though I think he might be unlocked when you get the Tails trophy. (30k km or something like that...)
I Unlocked the Tails Trophy before I got Sonic :/

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
there has to be a 4th way to unlock him..
on the night of debut, me and a friend crashed over at a buddy's house n ran an STD
we got up to Cfalcon and lucario, maybe around hour 6? w/e
soon we got sonic which was random as hell
and 1 of my friends mentioned "yeah theres a running requirement like 10k feet or something"
what he said of course wasnt used to base it on, but we still got sonic early :p

point is a 4th way does exist, and ill bet on it
other websites just wont admit it ;]

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic IS Popular. Maybe Sakauri wanted Sonic to have 4 unlocks so many people would be surprised that after 4 players and running everywhere in a single day: "OMGZ ITS SONIC"

But put in the other 3 if they wanted a more "epic" way to Unlock Sonic.

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
I posted a thread about this about a weeks ago. Sonic was the first chracter i unlocked, and i had logged technically no matches and no running distance in brawl. If you log a combined vs play time of more than 20 hours, though, you unlock sonic. What i did was left my wii on overnight for 6 hours in an infinite brawl with four controllers plugged in, which gave it almost 24 hours of combined vs play time. Then i unlocked sonic. A friend of mine did the same thing, and it worked as well. It is the same way you unlocked mewtwo in melee.

Dagingabreadman

Smash Apprentice
I posted a thread about this about a weeks ago. Sonic was the first chracter i unlocked, and i had logged technically no matches and no running distance in brawl. If you log a combined vs play time of more than 20 hours, though, you unlock sonic. What i did was left my wii on overnight for 6 hours in an infinite brawl with four controllers plugged in, which gave it almost 24 hours of combined vs play time. Then i unlocked sonic. A friend of mine did the same thing, and it worked as well. It is the same way you unlocked mewtwo in melee.
Maybe, because we did about 3 hours of 4 player (12 hours) and annother 5 or 3 player and we unlocked him about half way in i suppose

hypernova

Smash Rookie
Ground distance sounds good. Our combined names equal 23 miles, and we unlocked him yesterday at work, and we still don't have Lucario. Haven't touched the other modes here, either.

Top Bottom