• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think my falcon is good what do u guys think?critque please

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
i guess you're sorta right that you're maybe lacking in mindgames. you'll start playing smarter though. use empty short hops to bait your opponetn and dashdancing to make them hesitate to start with
definitely a good falcon there.
as far as techskill, you play a fast falcon, but the dairs are a bit slow. you completely missed the fastfall at least two or three times.
i loved the walltech -> walljump in the first match.
reminds me of g-reg, probably cause you play pink falcon

edit: use grabs more maybe

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I watched a couple of the matches and without going into detail it seems you do in fact have good tech skill, but your style is pretty predictable. You attack directly sometimes when it would be better to do some dash-dancing first. You don't use dash-dancing to its fullest and you double jump too often.

Also, you make bad choices sometimes, like in the Roy matchup at 1:45 you had an upthrow to knee combo but you dthrow instead. At 2:32 you had a free knee but didn't follow up on the uthrow. At 3:23 you had a uthrow to knee combo you missed. Popped the knee out too slowly at 4:24, missed another uthrow to knee combo.

Read G-reg's thread and learn those all-important throw combos.

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
thanks alot guys and lol doc holiday ill do empty short hops and u throw knee thanks again keep the comments coming guys

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
i agree with these guys. u can definitely improve ur mindgames, such as changing the space between ur Dash-Dancing and such. also, try not to Dash-Dance so close to the opponent that they can hit u, like in the first vid. u can also L-Cancel the full jumped aerials. its not THAT important, but can definitely help. i enjoyed the vids!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u seriously need to learn how to DI, on 2 random vids i chose out of those, ur DI was horrible every time.

and when u were vsing that peach, u seemed too impatient when she was high percentage, u have to be more patient and watch ur opponent more, rather than throwing stuff at her.

u also need to kno when to use something else, sometimes u just throw uair or nair when they are really high percentage, when u can just slow down, and just wait for an opening for a knee, nair/uair doesnt kill peach, and u wont be able to combo her at such high percentages.

ur throw to knee was horrible against the marth, u dont use uthrow when marth is 95%+ u only use uthrow at around 68% and over 90% u use dthrow. the only reason why the uthrow to knee worked was cause the marth baited double jumps or just had really no idea what to do.

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
u seriously need to learn how to DI, on 2 random vids i chose out of those, ur DI was horrible every time.

and when u were vsing that peach, u seemed too impatient when she was high percentage, u have to be more patient and watch ur opponent more, rather than throwing stuff at her.

u also need to kno when to use something else, sometimes u just throw uair or nair when they are really high percentage, when u can just slow down, and just wait for an opening for a knee, nair/uair doesnt kill peach, and u wont be able to combo her at such high percentages.

ur throw to knee was horrible against the marth, u dont use uthrow when marth is 95%+ u only use uthrow at around 68% and over 90% u use dthrow. the only reason why the uthrow to knee worked was cause the marth baited double jumps or just had really no idea what to do.
yea those vids were old my d.i is insanely good actually at a tourny on saturday i was living until the 200s alot of the time ill try to get some newer vids up

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
i love the zelda commentary on the second match with marth "man i got two clawshots now, i can do some gangsta ****!"

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
not bad at all man very good stuff. you can switch it up a bit and i agree with tyson651 a little bit on the throws. but other then taht good work keep it up.

Lenca

Smash Journeyman
you're pretty good man...i think your edge guarding needs a little practice..but like you said you are much better..so no reason for me to comment..but just talking for fun..=)

Top Bottom