• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think luigi could be the worst in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Could you at least give your reasons? Also, there's a thread where you can discuss Luigi's gameplay. It's one of the stickied threads.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Good job explaining your reasons. Extrmely in depth. I am convinced Luigi is the worst now.

But just for the lols, I think Palutena is the worst. Horrifically slow tilts, very bad KO powers, Big, slow target, horrible default moveset. Charizard is also pretty slow and mediocre in general in everything aside from Flare blitz.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
You what.

But seriously, on the contrary, Luigi is far from the "worst" character in the game.

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I agree with TC. Luigi is in contention with the worst. It's hard to explain why he is so bad though. He feels like Ganondorf did in Brawl, just a character they must not have spent a lot of time developing. He's slow, he seems lighter than Mario, he has no real combo ability that I've seen, there was a needless nerf of his forward B (if anything it needed to be buffed)... Luigi's never been great but he was at least fun to play as. He feels soulless in this one, like they sucked up his personality into that vacuum cleaner.

SullyJay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dejay15
3DS FC
4081-6913-3923
I'm still doing well with him, I had to get used to him but controlling him feels like moving your limbs with weights ._.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Tbh though, although it was ignorant not to explain WHY he think's he the worst [posting a statement like that without evidence is just riling up us Luigi mains] a lot of people do tend to put Luigi as the worst...along with Ike and Palutena [ who I think is the worst myself]

SullyJay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dejay15
3DS FC
4081-6913-3923
I think that Ike is probably the the hardest to play, but luigi and no combo ability lol. I'm a competitive noob but I have done some combo-ed people to hell with Luigi.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think that Ike is probably the the hardest to play, but luigi and no combo ability lol. I'm a competitive noob but I have done some combo-ed people to hell with Luigi.
This, he combos better in this game. Some people will make up anything just to hate on a character lol. I mean it's one thing to acknowledge his nerfs but to make up lies...anyways, I'm not posting the jtails as Luigi vs Wario video for the millionth time to prove my point, so if you want to see combos, youtube that.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't lying to hate on a character, read what I wrote. I said I didn't see much combo ability out of him. That's not a lie, I didn't. And I like Luigi, too. What I meant by combo ability, he's definitely not as good or revamped as Mario is in this game from what I've played. He is kinda clunky. I saw that video and yes there's combos but it didn't seem like the guy even knew how to play the new Wario either.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Luigi's certainly not the worst in the game. He did get several nerfs, and what he really needed to help balance him out was a speed boost which he didn't get. But he isn't the worst, he is just another character that's difficult to play well, because his playstyle is different to most others. He's not the best character, but when played well he can be excellent. I am glad they improved his Dash attack and combo ability though.

I really want to have him as my 2nd main, but I'm just concerned I may not be skilled enough to be able to play him well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom