• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I'm playing MK weird.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
His "hard" match ups like Snake and DK never gave me much trouble.

But I suck against ZSS, who is supposed to be "as easy a just about everyone else" when playing as MK.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
His "hard" match ups like Snake and DK never gave me much trouble.

But I suck against ZSS, who is supposed to be "as easy a just about everyone else" when playing as MK.
Powersheild her projectiles and laggy smashes and you shouldn't have a problem.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, what are the Snake and Dedede players usually doing? They're probably not that good in experiance with any of those characters or they lack the skills in MK matchups (no offense if they're your friends). Dedede is not really considered a counter (at least, that's what most say), but he's an annoying matchup.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
snake? bwahaha. meta knight destroys snake id like to see proof that says otherwise.
with zero suit samus, shes one of the few people that actually plays on par with meta (5:5 6:4 4:6 margin)
its funny to see that theres finally a character to combat meta knight and meta knight boards actually help threads in meta knight discussion lol.

i would approach with a whorenado above her and descend at a 45 degree angle (hard to explain over internet) if that doesnt work approach on ground and if you see her fire paralyzer spotdodge. when your in plasma whips range (fire thingy) spotdodge or roll then d smash or f tilt if your facing her :D

SAID!

Smash Rookie
I play a really good ZSS he knows her spacing pretty much perfectly. Hes very good at keep space with forward B. The thing is if you can learn to spot dodge almost any of ZSSs moves you will win because of the huge end lag they have. DSmash is an exception. Double Dsmash to bair is pretty hard to avoid. You have to keep spacing and generally stay in the air like others have said the if you were to draw a line from her to you it should make a 45 degree angle when you are attacking. ZSS has very few ways if any to counter an approach like that. Play defensively and spot dodge intelligently follow up with a Dsmash or a grab to bring her in the air. Always be aware of a Forward B because it can kill MK at fairly low percentiles and if you aren't use to it the spacing on that move is different.

Top Bottom