• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I may have discovered something

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
I was playing around in practice mode and the weirdest thing happened.

I was practicing using pika's awesome UpB to go off the stage then back to grab the ledge (that's how I usually edge hog) but I messed up, and instead of going back to the ledge, I hit the wall right under FD with my second Quick Attack. Then, this is where something really weird happens! I suddenly got a THIRD quick attack, and got back to the ledge.

I was thinking, maybe the QAC works with the ledge hop the same way it works with your normal jump?

I'm trying to redo it, but no luck yet.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Could you repeat the results? Im not a pika main so I not up on every little At quirk.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
well, a Quick Attack has two different jumps kinda built into it. I did both, but the second Quick Attack jump went into the wall. Then, I accidentally QACed, and used a third Quick Attack Jump, Therefore: Wall QACing.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
it's not exactly a third quick attack

Sometimes when you grab the ledge from a certain angle, characters drop straigt down instead of "snapping to the ledge"

You most likely did another quick attack right after that happened

2393Devon

Smash Cadet
yah that happened to me b4 when i tryed to recover because i usualy use the 2nd near the ledge and banged my head (pikas) on the side if the stage and got another quick attack

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What they said.

It's a weird quirk, but it's been "discovered" already and doesn't have any practical use really.

In the future, if you see any other new things, post them here in the Q&A thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208871

Chances are, it's been found already.... this way, we keep down the clutter on the boards.

stevensteve

Smash Cadet
it's not exactly a third quick attack

Sometimes when you grab the ledge from a certain angle, characters drop straigt down instead of "snapping to the ledge"

You most likely did another quick attack right after that happened
yes, most concise explanation so far.

is there a way to repeat this result at will?

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Yea... jsut find the angle or distance you grabbed it. It is a kind of "ledge cancel" that Wolfs, Falco's, and marth's are particularly popular for doing. All of their's require a particular spacing and angle... go look it up on youtube or something ( I know there are some). Pika just has one too.

I.E. google or youtube "double dolphin slice" or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom