• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Suggest Spinning Clawshot for Link in project M.. (video inside)

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Don't think he needs it, really I'm just hoping the PMBR leaves Link alone for good now, I think he's one of the best designed characters

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Besides the little boner the dev's have for Link's Boomerang, I 100% agree!

shadowXtreme

Smash Cadet
Well, then I will keep seeing link "not winning" , or reaching winning finals in any tournament for all eternity...

I think it needs spinning clawshot, o "a way to deal with fast reaching characters"

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Link doesn't need crap. He's gotten enough love.

shadowXtreme

Smash Cadet
Time has told that Link needs "something", I already listenned, but you people need to listen as well

or maybe It needs a godly player that could be able to shut my mouth

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Link does fine in tourney. You don't have to have a character in winners finals every weekend for the character to be good.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Oh god, Link's recovery game is already above par for PM. You have many mix-up with AGT, tether, and up-b. He doesn't need this.

The clawshot out of up-b was designed for a Brawl environment where one of the balancing constraints was that they wouldn't change character movement, hitbox sizes, or the speed of any moves. AGT doesn't exist in that game, Link was still slow and largely crap, just with a better punish game and slightly better recovery.

You can't give a character a solution to everything. Characters need flexibility, but they also need inherent draw backs. It's up to the player to find a character who they best know how to exploit their strengths and best know how to guard their weaknesses.

shadowXtreme

Smash Cadet
then nerf fox or falco.. e_e, dah,.. ok you all people completely that link needs "something"?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Link
Needs
Nothing

In fact, take his Boomerang away. He isn't 12 or Australian, take it away

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
As a link main, I will say this.

**** no. He does NOT need this.

His recovery is good enough.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
In 2.1, the boomerang went about Melee's distance. Anytime it hit you, you popped straight up. It had no (noticable) concept of a sweet or sour spot hit.... it touched you and you popped upwards for a juicy combo. On the other hand, the boomerang toss wasn't as quick as in 2.6 and 3.0, and the catch animation was still a thing.

2.5 boomerang was the worst boomerang in PM's history. While the returning boomerang hit people towards you, which was nice for combos, the away boomerang hit people... well, away. Couldn't do anything off of it. Despite the returning boomerang being the better part of this boomerang, this boomerang traveled much farther than any other boomerang Link has ever had, forcing you to wait a long time before you could even utilize the returning of it.

2.1 Link was overall the silliest. His standing/running grabs could grab people in the air, which made committing to shffl's against Link idiotic, and this also led to Link chain grabbing a lot of the cast.

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I miss grabbing out of the air... made the Peach MU so much better. Also, I wish they would at least change the boomerang's look back to the Gale Boomerang, this one looks so bland.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
His recovery is the best recovery in the game. He doesn't need to hookshot this, especially since he has the aerial glide toss.

Top Bottom