• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i suck with bowser...

tappy

Smash Ace
i dont know how to use him:( i normally wouldn't be doing something like this but can you give me some tips on how i should use him? he's not my main, i main with link, but i'd rather be a little better with him...:ohwell:

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
give us a vid.

otherwise... just watch videos of 1. Captain Jack, 2. Arash, 3. Gimpyfish, 4. luke
playing with him

and read the other threads!

also watch Magnum's video on fortresshogging

Endurance

Smash Apprentice
Well - at first whenever I played as bowser, It took awhile to get used to his slow walking and the like. But, after awhile of training and playing some Multiplayer matches, I got used to him.

Just give it time, and look at tutorial's and FAQ's, and perhaps use google to find some more.
Or, Like me, learn it yourself - that's how I like to. I just don't like following a FAQ, i'd rather discover thing's like that on my own.

That's just my two cents.

DLK

Smash Apprentice
Chicago- IM if u live near chicago always looking
Well accutually in fact bowser has one of the best moves in the game.

His up+b comes out in 3 or 4 frames i believe and uit make u invunerable. SO just like link use his up+b on ground use bowser's up+b on ground.

Also i forgot what move, but the one where bowser is in air and like butt bombs. If u do it at right spot by a ledge. His little arms that stick out will acctually grab the edge. But u have to be a lil past edge all i can help with dont play bowser.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this is to broad of a question for me to give advice

read decadent one's ancient guide, its the foundation of my bowser i suppose haha

tappy

Smash Ace
well i'm kind of okay with him now, and his up+b attack really is pretty useful:) thanks guys.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
upb out of shield is your friend, seriously before I did that I got pwned hard but now I win a lot more. Remember if someone is camping to shieldgrab you and you don't want to flame for fear of them jumping then hitting , jump towards, almost land, if they move to grab or dodge then jump again, if not then Klaw them, if they do move fair or law wherever they move to.k

Link-101

Smash Apprentice
I watched one of Gimpyfishes Bowser tutorial videos and it was awesome! He is good with Klaw and combos, definately look up his video, you might find it on youtube.com

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
If you mean the link in the thread called Bowser tutorial video thn that's not Gimpyfish's it's made by SmashTom and it's TERRIBLE, the people on that thread were taking the piss out of it because it's that bad, search for Boozer cute if you want a good vid, DO NOT WATCH SMASHTOM'S!

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
First off you could read Gimpy's essay and learn what moves are good, and which ones you should pretty much never use. Then watch Boozer Cute, and maybe Koopacalypse. Once your ready to start actually playing, I suggest working on your fortress techniques first. Learn to do it out of shield, learn to grab the ledge with it, etc. Next you should learn to abuse his Fair. Its pretty easy to shffl with Bowser so this shouldn't take to long. Then move on to edgeguarding, get comfortable with getting most of your kills from ftilts on the ledge. That should get you a good start.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i might actually make a new bowser mini guide because a lot of my bowser has been redesigned since and it should be noted what works now and what doesn't work anymore haha

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
Yo Gimp, make sure to get that mini guide popping son. And get Arash to help you or something. Not because you need him, mostly because I'd love to hear what he says and his tips about Bowser yet he never seems to say anything much in the Bowser forum.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
If you're playing a noob go on a level with slanted edges and just keep doing the UpB, <100% ledge recovery, it's hilarious if they don't have projectiles.

Smash Master
As others have mentioned, spam Up-B like your playing with your former, more noobish Link. (we've all been there) Bowser's all about mindgames. Mix up your aerial approaches, with an emphasis on f-air, and mix up your ground game with tilts. When you expect they have gotten used to the tilts, use the f-smash. It's slow, but he rears back before unleashing it, giving you a sort of pseudo spot dodge. Also, when recovering, don't try to sweetspot the ledge. You'll lose a stock. Insead, try to get as far into (onto?) the stage as possible. You'll get hit again, but Bowser's weight (and your amazing DI) should ensure that you'll be approaching from well above the stage the second time, so you can land on the ground successfully. Actually, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Just read Gimpyfish's guide XD

Renth

Smash Hero
just because no one else is going to say it.
Most people suck with bowser he's IMO the hardest character in the game to play effectively

much love gimpy.

InfiniteFalco1337

Smash Cadet
As others have mentioned, spam Up-B like your playing with your former
this is somewhat true, Bowser is the hardest to use, so Up-B is
important to use(his quickest attack), some characters can
get caught within bowsers fire(mostly if they cant DI very good)
taking into account you get close to them(taking a short hop
first getting right in front of them, and using fire while in the air).
Im not much of a bowser person but these things are pretty important
to a bowser playing trying to become good.:chuckle:

If someone thinks
Im wrong please
imform me how,
I may have stated
it wrong.:confused:

Most people suck with bowser he's IMO the hardest character in the game to play effectively
I agree with you.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, Just see videos and try using the moves u see in the training mode, and then practice them with people, thats how i have been playing with bowser, and im beter than before. I thonk the same way as u, but you just need practice...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

much love gimpy.

Truth, my suggestions even though i;m not good with him, still learning
1. Be Gimpy or Arash
2. If not....

yea i'm still working on it ;)

Top Bottom