• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I should be dead right now

yourNME

Smash Rookie
This is my new account, my former account was CHUK... newayz
Yesterday at work I was robbed by 2 armed robbers. I have been robbed before but this time it was really aggressive. They took the phone out of my co workers hand and slammed it down. They pulled out there guns and aimed them at my co worker and told her if she would move they would blow off her ****ing head. They aimed the gun at me and told me to come over without pushing any ****ing buttons and had the gun to my head cursing at me and made me give them my wallet. They made us lay on the ground with their guns above our heads.
In my head I knew I was going to die. I was waiting to be shot in the back of my head. Then they decided to leave quickly.
After I was interviewed by cops I went home and told my mom and she told my family, I told a few of my friends.
It could be because I am not a very likable guy and all but I thought that my friends and family might care a little more if I died. A few of my trusted friends thought it was funny and made jokes about it. My family doesn't really care. I have been constantly depressed since the incident even though I know I should be happy to be alive.
I really don't know what to think or do, so yeah....

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Wow, ****ing crazy.

Maybe your friends don't really know how to act about something so serious, or they just don't grasp how traumatizing a situation like that can be. I'm surprised your family(at least your mom)didn't flip out about it. Maybe because you're ok now and the moment had already passed.

Is there a counselor at school or someone you can talk to? I think that might be a good approach.

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
You were at work and you got robbed, and this isn't the first time it has happened? If possible you should definitely get a new job my friend, this one sounds dangerous. It's a good thing you weren't hurt.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I know what it feels like. I was in the process of being burglarized one time, but I was lucky enough to come home when the criminals were just getting started. They had decided to steal the alcohol first (thats all they managed to steal) and when I saw one of the men walk up the stairs, I just sort of froze and stared in his eyes for 3 seconds...then he just ran past me with his partner in crime and simply drove away. I was pretty shocked after they left. Just the feeling of knowing someone came into your house and stole something was pretty scary.

Family and friends really can't grasp the type of experience people go through when they get valuables taken away. When I spoke to my brothers and my mom about it first thing they said was "why didn't you take him down?!". Yeah, like I'm going to confront a pair of guys who are probably armed. :rolleyes:

In hindsight, I could've parked behind the truck or taken a license plate number, but I really had no idea someone was parked in my driveway since I had parked the car in front of my house and went through the front door. =oP

I'm sorry to hear you got your wallet stolen. It really isn't something to make fun of and I'm sorry your friends poked fun at you.

yourNME

Smash Rookie
It's all good it is just weird to think I should be dead but right now I am alive.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
where do you work, a gas station? How have you been robbed at the same place more than once?

M.K

Level 55
I'm sorry, that feeling must be terrible. I'll pray for you!
Actually, now that I think a little, I've had this same feeling but to a lesser extent. When I was in 7th Grade, my school bus swerved to avoid a tree in the middle of the road and flipped over on a huge grassy mound. Thank god, nobody was seriously injured, but at that moment (even if it WAS over in an instant), my life flashed before me.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Maybe one of your problems is that you keep thinking that you should be dead right now, when you're actually alive.

So that means that no, you shouldn't be dead right now. No point in quarreling on what could have happened, and then thinking that that's what should have happened.

Just talk to someone about how you feel, but also start forgetting about the "What If's", as they're doing you no good.

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
This is my new account, my former account was CHUK... newayz
Yesterday at work I was robbed by 2 armed robbers. I have been robbed before but this time it was really aggressive. They took the phone out of my co workers hand and slammed it down. They pulled out there guns and aimed them at my co worker and told her if she would move they would blow off her ****ing head. They aimed the gun at me and told me to come over without pushing any ****ing buttons and had the gun to my head cursing at me and made me give them my wallet. They made us lay on the ground with their guns above our heads.
In my head I knew I was going to die. I was waiting to be shot in the back of my head. Then they decided to leave quickly.
After I was interviewed by cops I went home and told my mom and she told my family, I told a few of my friends.
It could be because I am not a very likable guy and all but I thought that my friends and family might care a little more if I died. A few of my trusted friends thought it was funny and made jokes about it. My family doesn't really care. I have been constantly depressed since the incident even though I know I should be happy to be alive.
I really don't know what to think or do, so yeah....
if you were to get shot and killed, I wonder how much xp the robber would get and also if you would drop any loot?

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
if you were to get shot and killed, I wonder how much xp the robber would get and also if you would drop any loot?
That's pretty d*mn insensitive.

NME, all I can do is reiterate. Get out of that job. Take some time off working altogether if you need, but remember that you are still here :) and for that you can be grateful.

Your friends and family probably don't understand how scared you were and maybe you need to sit down and talk it through.

I hope you feel better soon, darling.:bee:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You were at work and you got robbed, and this isn't the first time it has happened? If possible you should definitely get a new job my friend, this one sounds dangerous. It's a good thing you weren't hurt.
Agreed. Man, that had to be scary, glad to hear youre unscathed.

However, Im surprised at your FAMILY's reactions. Indeed.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Go do something that makes you happy. Go on a vacation and just relax and forget about everything. You'll feel better about life and yourself.

yourNME

Smash Rookie
Lol it is alright, I kind of feel alot better now because all of my anxieties and fears just seem completely worthless now. I talked to my parents and my dad was really sad about it.
Thanks everyone.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm sorry, I wasn't able to read your story after glancing over your first introductory sentence.

You have two accounts?

CivicSmash

Smash Apprentice
your trusted freinds thought it was funny? Yeah having your life threatened is really funny. You need to say **** off to your freinds and find some real ones. That is absolutley unbelievable.

Kirbykares

Smash Cadet
Dude, that had to be scary. You need time off. Maybe go to someplace in the world you have always wanted to see. Just go and relax, get it off your mind, and FIND A NEW JOB!!

TwilightSky

Smash Cadet
****, that must have been scary. I'm glad they didn't kill you. Its always bad when "friends" act like that, in such a stupid way when theres such a serious case.

Top Bottom