• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I seriously hate DDD.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Simple back to school match. Wasn't really a tourney. I face DDD, and the match breaks even until... He infinites me. Seriously, I got 50-60% per grab, why did Sakurai have to make the grab animation fall short in front of DDD. Tips?:mad:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Huh, we just had this discussion in a topic like yesterday.

His Waddle Dees will stop your fireball spam, so the best thing to do is fireball approach and keep DeeDeeDee in the air at virtually all times. If he's in the air, he can't grab.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Waddle Dee`s should fly back onto DDD and **** him when you cape them.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually, characters with infinites are one of the few times that game theory can greatly influence the outcome of your match. I won't give a super in-depth explanation of what game theory is, but I can tell you that it's basically using advanced strategy, to affect anything from the outcome of rock-paper-scissors, to what job your boss might assign you.

One of the things in game theory, is that one way to achieve a favorable outcome is to limit your options. Yes, limit your options. I know this doesn't sound like much help, but what will a Dedede do when your on the ground? He will infinite you. He will try to grab you. So, all you have to do is anticipate that. Memorize D3's grabbing range, roll dodge behind him the moment he tries to grab and punish him for it. By limiting your options, most D3's will assume you're stupid and will fall for an obvious trick.

And that's why I've only been CG'd by D3's who already know my strategy against them.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Skyler brings up a good point. Almost every DDD I've played will go for the grab almost at a first instinct, which makes them so easily readable that you can play defensive and punish them. Your DDD is pretty smart to use it as a surprise attack (that's how it's supposed to be used honestly) though.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
A lot of Dededes I fight don't try it first... odd. Usually they'll use it when they start losing. I hate that... it's like comeback AI from a human being...

One thing I might suggest is, when he gets close, attack with a barrage of up tilts. You can get a lot of 'em in at low percentages, and it really racks up the damage. And, maybe try to stay airborne so he can't grab you as much.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
keep him in the air,or only fight with aerials(unless you feel it is safe to stay on the ground for a good period of time)
only down side to this strategy,DDD will start to notice your style and try to shield grab you out of your aerial lag :(
just space your self with your aerials,when you land from them make sure he can't reach you
if your on the ground..
u-tilt ***** him,especially at low %'s,and so do u-air chains all over the stage at low percents(go into training mode,stage ddd at oneside of smashvill and continously keep uair'ing him across[2 uairs in a SH]the stage,this is important for heavy characters)

iMichael

Smash Lord
Just spacing your bairs, uairs and Dsmashes would be good....that's all I use against D3's. I know all they want to do is grab me so I know not to put my self in that position.

Mush head

Smash Cadet
Oh man, if that's true, then we got had... I doubt it though since Snake is up there with MK.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Sakurai balanced the game based off of FFA and item games. Standard tourney tiers do not apply to how Sakurai balanced the game.

Seriously, stop saying that.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
just don't get grabbed.....

not to sound like an ******* but it's that easy....I know this cause I was playing against a DDD on Castle Siege and during the whole second transformation I just didn't let him touch me

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman

"Don't get grabbed" is eaiser said than done against some players, but in my experience as a Dedede player I will say that Mario and Luigi have bothersome aerials so maybe that's a good place to try and be often.

Beware of inhale and tilt up though, as well as bair.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sakurai balanced the game based off of FFA and item games. Standard tourney tiers do not apply to how Sakurai balanced the game.

No he didn't, MK clearly is BROKEN with items. Glide tossing yo.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Actually, characters with infinites are one of the few times that game theory can greatly influence the outcome of your match. I won't give a super in-depth explanation of what game theory is, but I can tell you that it's basically using advanced strategy, to affect anything from the outcome of rock-paper-scissors, to what job your boss might assign you.

One of the things in game theory, is that one way to achieve a favorable outcome is to limit your options. Yes, limit your options. I know this doesn't sound like much help, but what will a Dedede do when your on the ground? He will infinite you. He will try to grab you. So, all you have to do is anticipate that. Memorize D3's grabbing range, roll dodge behind him the moment he tries to grab and punish him for it. By limiting your options, most D3's will assume you're stupid and will fall for an obvious trick.

And that's why I've only been CG'd by D3's who already know my strategy against them.
You created a mental paradox for me lol. Limit my options to fool the opponent, but what if the opponent knows that and decides to limit his options to force yourself to do something? What if you do the same thing? Eventually the match would boil down to the two characters just standing there @_@.

Just something that i thought about, I'm only kidding xD.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
often Dair >> uair bind works wonders, if u can pull that off on a D3 itll give him lots of problems. also fludd and cape own his up-b. im one of the few that dont have problems with a D3 but idk..maybe im special xD

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
often Dair >> uair bind works wonders, if u can pull that off on a D3 itll give him lots of problems. also fludd and cape own his up-b. im one of the few that dont have problems with a D3 but idk..maybe im special xD
you've never been grabbed by ddd? :confused:

You know one grab equals death right, its infinite...

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
you've never been grabbed by ddd? :confused:

You know one grab equals death right, its infinite...
people seriously need to stop putting this into people's minds...I hate it....I have never...lost an entire stock due to an infinite...people **** up more often than you think

We're not DK people, come on.

Famous

Smash Champion
D3 infinite is banned anyway in most tournies... As far as getting grab, it's not easy avoid the grab simply because the majority of Mario's game is close range.

viparagon

Smash Ace

I know! Have you read pichu's trophy discription?
It says something like "pichu is slighlty more agile than pikachu, but thats it, otherwise pichu is inferior in everyway. A pichu's best bet is to stay out of the battle and chuck items."
This PROVES sakurai hadno intent on balancing the characters in melee

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Meh, screw Sakurai. He's just making it easier for the n00bs to get to higher ranks without requiring more skill. It's like taking part of the fun out of the game. But Metaknight'd probably top of the list even if tourneys used items on a regular basis cuz that's his best bet of getting kills.

Top Bottom