• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I screwed up gimpy, please fsmash here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Alright, as kirby players im sure everyone here has had to counterpick stages alot, so I was wondering, what stages do you counterpick with. Is there a particular stage you pick for specific characters or do you just have a favorite stage. I personally enjoy FoD/Dreamland64. With FoD the level is actually so small that you can sometimes appear to be moving faster than you really are, what with kirbys wd being so large in proportion to the actual stage. And the tiny death box makes it easier to get kills. Even if the same applies to the opponent, its still usefull for the kirb man. Plus theres the moving platforms. They screw wilth everyone.

On the other hand, theres Dreamland64. That level is hueg like ecsbawx. With proper DI, even kirby can survive on that stage. And while the platforms arent as usefull as the ones on FoD, they at least help you avoid projectile spammers.

Now Ive also been told that Jungle Japes is a great counter pick for kirby, and i have used it to some extent. The small platforms can be used well for tech chasing and the water can actually be used to Kirby's advantage(as long as you avoid the klaptrap) and the river absolutely destroys fast fallers. And you have multiple edges to attempt your kirbycides. That combined with an incredibly high death roof and you've got yourself a counterpick.

A few others come to mind, rainbow cruise allows you to rainbowcide and the moving stage comes in handy for interupting enemy combos, but you have the down side of the tiny death box. And the rainbowcide really is a double-edged sword, as it can only be used on the boat meaning at the begining of the match, which means you can only use it to lower the overall stock count, not really for increasing a lead.

Then theres FD. Normally I try and avoid this stage as spammers have the advantage here. Everyone outranges Kirby here but there is one thing that we as kirby players have going for us there. Practice. I assume that most players practice on FD, which means im sure most of you have the most practice swallowcide canceling on this stage. If not, avoid this stage, you have no advantages.

Finally, Battalfield. This level is usefull for many of the same reasons that FoD is with one other acception, Its alot harder to sweetspot the ledge on this level. Some characters will end up beneath the level if they attempt to sweetspot, and some players may avoid trying at all. Granted the truly skilled players will have less trouble sweetspotting on this level but lets be honest, your playing kirby, if you playing a really skilled player your going to lose(unless your t!mmy or omni). The one downside is falco/marth players. They have alot more going for them than you do on this level so if your playing them, avoid it.

Well thats my two cents, feel free to disagree with me, and please do it verbally so i can get some more info on kirby. Thanks in advance.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I like to counterpick Green Greens because you can use the rock to blow up blocks while remaining unscathed. Sure, you die really soon, but you do that on any stage anyways, so whats the difference? At least your opponents die quickly too. Since you have multiple jumps you can do really weird stuff like go under the blocks and camp there (kinda) by hanging on a ledge and waiting, and when they come safely recovering to the other side of the blocks. GG is weird, but cool.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i thought there was already a thread on this? o well.
i love jungle japes against everyone. battle feild and dl64 are ok becuase one fulljump cannot make it to the lower platforms. i usually do b-air and mostly uair. helps with stage control.

Guru+Guru

Smash Rookie
Mines Jungle Japes. I like to Kirbycide alot, so I pick Jungle Japes. If a non Kirby falls in that water then its bye-bye. Plus, the level design says "Yes" to my fightstyle which is airial. All I need to do is get a 1 Stock Lead. Then Uthrow Kirbycide. But when I don't Kirbycide I like to play on DL64. I also rap the Snoop Dogg song n there and it makes for excelent mind games. =]

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
Some people view it as a disadvantage, but i personally LIKE battlefield for the fact that kirby cant jump up a level w/o a second jump. But of course this is of little advantage against characters which can shorthop easy. x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom