• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I saw this, is it real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Well, I just think I made a discovery that might slow this down quite a bit. I don't think you actually get the coins by leaving the match. I did it for a good twenty minutes, to find that my coins hadn't gone up...
If this is truly the case, I fear this might be up in the air for a while, and I may die from suspense!

How do you check coins
Go into Games and More, click Vault, and look in the bottom right corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
If this is truly the case, I fear this might be up in the air for a while, and I may die from suspense!
Same. It's killing me not knowing if I can play as him or not. I'm going to do a bit more testing to see if my suspicions are correct.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I'm not in school I'm trying to get to 20k but sadly I'm at 92...oy this is gonna take foever thank god for no school :)

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Same. It's killing me not knowing if I can play as him or not. I'm going to do a bit more testing to see if my suspicions are correct.
Awesome, can't wait to see what you find.

I'm not in school I'm trying to get to 20k but sadly I'm at 92...oy this is gonna take foever thank god for no school :)
Lucky! Please tell me any findings.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Wait I just realized something. Now this is a little far fetched, and may just be me over analyzing things, but hear me out. My friend told me "I had to fight Pac Man after a match. After I checked, I had a little more than 20,000 coins." I would need to ask him if a message popped up that said something like "Good job on getting 20,000 coins, Pac Man is now unlocked" But assuming that didn't happen, who is to say that you don't get him a different way and the 20,000 is just a coincidence? All I know is that he pretty much only plays with Link, so anyone testing it should play with Link, just to replicate what he would've done. If this is the case though, I wouldn't be surprised if playing a bunch with everyone of the characters unlocks another. Maybe Mario could get Luigi? Pikachu - Greninja? I doubt this is the case however because what does Pac Man have to do with Link... I just wanted to share my opinion, so please don't take this too seriously.

Suspicions confirmed true. Progress on this is going to much slower than expected.
Oh no, we're in trouble.

kicklime

Smash Rookie
NNID
kicklime
3DS FC
2921-9093-9229
Wait I just realized something. Now this is a little far fetched, and may just be me over analyzing things, but hear me out. My friend told me "I had to fight Pac Man after a match. After I checked, I had a little more than 20,000 coins." I would need to ask him if a message popped up that said something like "Good job on getting 20,000 coins, Pac Man is now unlocked" But assuming that didn't happen, who is to say that you don't get him a different way and the 20,000 is just a coincidence? All I know is that he pretty much only plays with Link, so anyone testing it should play with Link, just to replicate what he would've done. If this is the case though, I wouldn't be surprised if playing a bunch with everyone of the characters unlocks another. Maybe Mario could get Luigi? Pikachu - Greninja? I doubt this is the case however because what does Pac Man have to do with Link... I just wanted to share my opinion, so please don't take this too seriously.
you should ask your friend for video of pac man

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Yeah...no.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Lucky! Please tell me any findings.
If anything happens in the demo I will inform this thread right away but it's still going to be a LONG while til 20k but luckly for us I played Brawl 31 hours straight when I got and I had almost 30k in coins

kicklime

Smash Rookie
NNID
kicklime
3DS FC
2921-9093-9229
I already did, I am sad to say he still hasn't replied, I don't know how often he checks his Skype, but time will tell.
maybe he is eating dinner or something. try calling him i do that to my friends when they dont respond

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Warning Received
If anything happens in the demo I will inform this thread right away but it's still going to be a LONG while til 20k but luckly for us I played Brawl 31 hours straight when I got and I had almost 30k in coins
Can't wait to hear from you!

Yeah...no.
Ya lol, it was a far fetched, but I wanted people to at least know that.

maybe he is eating dinner or something. try calling him i do that to my friends when they dont respond
It is 10 where I live, I don't think he is eating dinner :D

Off topic here, but I wonder if we will get a Wii U Demo, does anyone know anything about that?

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
Well, hopefully we hear more about this within the week. Preferably before the public demo releases, so we have more to brag about.

EdwardJP

Smash Rookie
NNID
EdwardJP
3DS FC
4511-0577-1811
Even better, barge into his house and forcefully get your hands on that 3DS. If he starts to question and/or call the cops, tell him you're doing this for Smash Boards, he'll most likely understand.

kicklime

Smash Rookie
NNID
kicklime
3DS FC
2921-9093-9229
Off topic here, but I wonder if we will get a Wii U Demo, does anyone know anything about that?
hopefully it isnt how they distributed the 3ds demo. i had platinum in 2014 but had the email opt off and i was pretty pissed. thank god somebody on gamefaqs was nice enough to trade me a code

kicklime

Smash Rookie
NNID
kicklime
3DS FC
2921-9093-9229
Even better, barge into his house and forcefully get your hands on that 3DS. If he starts to question and/or call the cops, tell him you're doing this for Smash Boards, he'll most likely understand.
this made me laugh

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Great idea! Will do, after I can can legally drive! We might be waiting for a while.

kicklime

Smash Rookie
NNID
kicklime
3DS FC
2921-9093-9229

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This is not a Social thread. If you have nothing to add/contribute to the topic, don't post here.

If you're sure this is fake, actually, it should be locked.

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Quick Update:I reach 100 coins nothing, hey jjjs any chance that friend of yours is going to log in soon ?

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
This is not a Social thread. If you have nothing to add/contribute to the topic, don't post here.

If you're sure this is fake, actually, it should be locked.
I don't think anyone proved it fake, I just think it may be. I still want to hear other people's opinions, and see if anyone can prove it real or fake.

Quick Update:I reach 100 coins nothing, hey jjjs any chance that friend of yours is going to log in soon ?
Not sure, it is pretty late where I live so most likely not anytime today.

Last edited:

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
Sooo, I just did the math, and assuming that you get about 50 coins per match, it would take you about 13 hours of continuous playing to reach 20K. Gaining about 1K every 40 minutes. This is going to take a while.

Balmora

Smash Rookie
Well, I just think I made a discovery that might slow this down quite a bit. I don't think you actually get the coins by leaving the match. I did it for a good twenty minutes, to find that my coins hadn't gone up...
I can confirm this. I started with 4285 coins, played a normal match and got 32 coins, then started a new match and immediately quit to gain 32 additional coins. Instead of gaining 64 coins, however, the end result was 4317, which is only a gain of 32. It appears that you will have to manually play through every match, which is going to take a long time.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Quick update: No unlocks but I seem to notice after I hit 100 coins Master Balls and other Assist Thophys start to appear I wonder did this happen to anyone else who gotten to 100 coins ?

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Quick update: No unlocks but I seem to notice after I hit 100 coins Master Balls and other Assist Thophys start to appear I wonder did this happen to anyone else who gotten to 100 coins ?
100 coins is super easy to get. The real question is what happens at 20K coins.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Only have 5k coins myself. Well it'll be interesting to see if this is true, though I doubt it is.

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
I better get my coins! I want to be rich... and in my weeks of waiting i will make plenty of coins.. If it applies to the universal demo and not the true fan one...I am going to be very upset.

jjjs11

Smash Cadet
NNID
jjjs12
Only have 5k coins myself. Well it'll be interesting to see if this is true, though I doubt it is.
The previous comment about someone having 20K coins already, making it odd that no one has posted something about this is looking to not be a valid reason. At this point it appears that a lot of people don't have anything close to 20K, so I guess we will have to wait a while to see.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
It'd give the demo purpose but I have no idea if it's real or not.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know. It feels like a "Unlock Sonic and Tails in Melee" like prank. I only have about 6k right now. If it's true though let me know.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
This guy seems fishy. 13 hours of continuous play? Either a huge fan or just crazy.. Also, if you got 30 coins every round, it'd be 666 rounds to win...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom