• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I remember my ASC question!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
since proly nobody would answer in my video thread by this point and i still cant figure out hot to change the title, i figured id do this instead...

Now its not as much an ASC question as much as a general SD question but i think we need to do some testing on this.

I cant figure out the correct follow-ups to my spindashes.
But i have noticed that most of the time each form of SD will have an airial follow up that will almost always work.

For example, a big part of my game is running to them and than stopping to bait them into my SD hop. that move, no matter what the damage will always combo into up air, no matter what. if they get hit by the initial hop, if you immediately jump out and up air, they have to take the hits.

but i dont know what the follow ups are for the other SD incarnations. because im pretty sure everytime a SDR hits, no matter how its started, there is an airial that will automatically hit them. im pretty sure if you hit them with a regular SC, and hit them with the SDJ, than the back air is garanteed but this one and all the other forms, i believe, are damage dependant. but with some time an practice and some knowledge, we should all be able to improve our sonic games, just from knowing b4 hand which follow ups to use in which circumstances.

also, very sorry if this was touched upon in your SD thread tenki but i didnt see anything specific about this

Tenki

Smash Hero
nah, it all depends on their DI :[

for me, every time I get SDR>SDJ to hit, I can't follow up with a B-air. Which annoys me because a finisher combo I saw someone do and would like to use more often is SDR > B-air

U-air generally does work, almost in every situation.

If you've noticed in Anthinus' vids, he follows alot of his ASC's with F-airs, which is the best damaging 'simple ASC combo' possible atm.

I've started using N-air more often now, since it saves F-airs for gimps and damage later on.

What would be a cooler discussion would be:

What do you do AFTER the aerial, and after which aerials, at which %?

Map out the possibilities after a spindash combo and bam, wtfmetagame.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I feel I need to ask a question too.
I can't remember how that "upsmash spike" worked >.<
Can anyone give me a link to the thread it was on because I've looked around or give me a reminder?
Thankyou muchly

Tenki

Smash Hero
uh... U-smash's initial hit tends to add knockback so that it throws people out of the U-smash earlier. If done at the correct percents, it will send your opponent downwards.

I've been U-smash spiked, and I can vouch for its uselessness. It only works at low %'s, and it doesn't throw very quickly, either. You can double jump out of it and catch the ledge >_>

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sonic deserved one spike at least, he had so many in his 2D games..
I thought both characters had to be facing a certain way in relation to the edge or something, but considering you can actually recovery easily after it kinda makes it useless. Ah well.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Tenki, I think it worked alright on a few characters. If nothing else it allows you to try for a free gimp with significantly more risk involved on the defender's part. I saw an interesting set up for the up smash spike that involved grabbing someone by the edge and letting them break out and then following that with a hyphen smash.

dark_Illusion_hokage

Smash Apprentice
Actually at some percentages upsmash spikes to, i was playing fox and got freaking spiked by my friends sonic >_> i shot me of the stage, but he screwd up with the ledge grab and i recovered, but either way if someone could actually master the upsmash spike that would be great,

Top Bottom