• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I really want to improve but I suck at Sm4sh

Russtheman123

Smash Rookie
Ok my name is Russ and I'm completely new. But I want to get better but I tried everything. I tried Practice mode, For Glory, training with clan members, but I am absolutely horrible at this game. I can't be great like ZeRo and the others in the world. I have 7 mains (Mario, Palutena, Lucina, Sheik, Zss, Cloud, and Lucas). I tried everything looking up Combo videos, How to play them, watched other famous people play, ask for tips. I just don't know how to get better and want not stop at the barrier ike BeefySmashDoods said.

I bet you are wondering, THIS GUY IS USING TOP TIER CHARACTERS , HE SHOULD STICK WITH ONE OMG HE IS CANCER, No! I play these people because they are a representation of who I am and what I love. SO I just need help or I"m gonna have to put down the controller completely and retire from even casual smash.

Attachments

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think you should try to play Smash on a casual level rather than try to get good. Just play with your friends and just have fun. Go watch Smash videos, any kind of videos. No matter it's technical or entertainment. Go watch Smash streams on twitch. They will all make you interested and even get some inspiration

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Try not to push yourself too hard. Competition is good but there are opportunities for fun even among the serious players, and passion for the game is what drives a lot of players, not just ambition. Easing up on training and getting some people on the forum to help is really good for gaining experience and knowledge.

ScarletShepherd24M

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.22
you might wanna simply just focus on 1-3 characters for the time being. I understand that people having like 5-10 mains is somewhat common. Though if you want to get better, slowly work your way up from 1 character and then add on your other mains. You'll put less pressure on yourself and your playstyle. As long as you are willing to try different matchups, and you take whatever competition you can. You'll eventually get better in time. Plus the skills you get from one character might be transferable into your other mains. You can read up and watch as many videos as you want. Just remember, none of that is gonna be as good as simply just continually playing in moderated sessions. Good Luck

Sharpshooter188

Smash Rookie
My version of the game should be called Super Salt Bros. I don't play online too often. But between trying to read the tiiiiny amounts of frame vulnerability, I'm also battling lag as well. So then I second guess my inputs and then screw myself over. For example, I'll try to hit confirm someone with the first part of the jab combo. The ol' 1-2. But then NOPE! I pressed it too many times, because I wasn't sure if it registered and then I ended up doing the full combo. Getting me punished because my combo followed through on shield. Sigh... I love Sm4sh. but merciful christ, I cannot hang with even average players.

I've heard the FG players are basically regarded as scrubs by the community as a whole, but if I'm getting bodied by those guys? I must have created a whole other level of suck.

>Metα<

Smash Cadet
NNID
LuigiMario793
3DS FC
4124-5762-8357
Sm4sh takes a lot of time to become a strong player at. Think of it like an RPG (going off of what ZeRo says), if you want to get good, you have to grind out XP. Watch a few videos and streams on competitive smash so that you can get a feel for it, and just go from there. Perseverance is key, don't lose motivation.

Oh, and welcome to the boards! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom