• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I planned to just get the gist, but I kinda wanna make Mewtwo one of my mains now" Thread.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As the title says.

I pretty much planned to just play around with him for a while, see how Rosalina might stack up against him (I don't think he'll do very well against her, but that's a totally different topic), and do some online matches.

But now I kinda wanna make him part of my Top 7 characters. He feels very interesting to play, and doesn't feel like garbage like he did in Melee. It's kinda disgusting that he is the 2nd lightest in the game considering his size, but I can live with it. I've just been having a lot of fun with him.

Anybody else feel this way?

mobilisq

Smash Ace
I'm right there with ya. He won't be replacing Ness but he's definitely going into my regular rotation

Last edited:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
I'm right there with ya. He won't be replacing Ness but he's definitely going into my regular rotation
Lol this is funny since I dropped Ness for Mewtwo considering I promised myself I would drop Ness if they didn't nerf his B-throw, bye ness :( loving mewtwo though.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I took one look at him in a video and immediately wanted to try him out.
The rest is already pretty much the same :p

Then again, I felt like this about a lot characters...

EvilPinkamina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EvilPinkamina
I'm not really going to main him, but having him as a pocket would be good for anyone that counters Lucario and/or Charizard. He seems really interesting though, like he was grabbed from another world and brought into smash 4.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm going to continue maining Ness. I planned on having Mewtwo as a secondary the day he was announced. Psychic Pokemon's gotta have a psychic trainer. ;)

srn347

Smash Apprentice
Started maining him a while ago, no regrets are had.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I'll always have my go-to mains and I don't think that's gonna change even with DLC, but Mewtwo's definitely joining my list of many secondaries :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I originally intended just to keep him as a pocket character, but ever since he came out in that Club Nintendo promotion, I just can't stop playing him. I've been neglecting my Pit/Pitooey and Charizard because of him...he's easily my first main now.

Zard and Pit are still my numbers 2 and 3, though.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
It might be just me but hes so light and that makes him VERY weak as long as hes shot upwards.

Still, hes one of my top 7.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
:4mewtwo:is one of my favorite characters. I usually use 'em for when I'm going against people my level. I main the following characters:
:4mario:
:4metaknight:
:4tlink:

I have a lot more characters that I like that are secondaries. I wouldn't say Mewtwo is my main, however, I have a lot of fun with him and I'd put him as my secondary.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I expected to drop Mewtwo after trying him out but now he is my second main. He is awesome and fun to play with.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well I ain't dropping any of my 5 mains just to make room for him but he is one of my secondaries instead.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
The more and more I play of him, the more and more fun he gets. He is now officially my secondary!

3MP1R3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0259-0579-0472
Tbh I wanted to try him out just cause, but since then, I've actually loved how he plays. I'm still getting used to his air game and the timing for his fair his and dair spike. Overall, though, he is super fun to play. Don't give up on him. If you're training on FG, watch out for good Cptn Falcons and Rosalinas bc they have been hell to fight...

My mains::4megaman::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4darkpit::4mario::mario2::4lucario::lucario:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I waited until today thinking it would be a waste of money to purchase him and that he just looked cool. Now after watching several videos on him and letting the hype build i fell in love with his glass cannon style.

Now i swear i will make him one of my mains >:) .

Top Bottom