• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I officially quit playing smash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
For the summer...possibly longer

My parent's are kicking me out of the house if I attend another tournament. My semester grades came in...and **** hit the fan. So yeah, no Colombus, GAMME, NLL, or any of that stuff. I'm considering taking up an apartment lease and taking summer classes but I don't know if I'll have enough money for the fall.

Real life is scary stuff. If you know anything about my "smash situation" this probably won't come as a surprise to you. I've dropped the ball and I don't blame anyone but myself. I'm moving into dorms next fall and even then I'm not sure if I'll come back. I really want to just focus on getting good grades to bring my GPA back up.

Both of my parents entirely blame smash for my low grades (even though I also took up a job which probably has more of an impact, but I can't blame them).

So now I just gotta start over from the old redhalberd that couldn't go to tourneys because of parent johns...nice meeting you guys and I'll be back on the scene...eventually. I'll be bored as **** all summer though so I'll be around the boards reminding you guys I still exist.

Cheers.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
=( sad to hear dude. Getting life together is really important though and to learn to balance school and fun gets even harder.

Best of luck though trying to balance out everything and hopefully you make a return to the smash community cefore too long.

DC

Smash Cadet
Haha.

I mean no disrespect but some of you guys really need to learn how to prioritize things. It's very much possible to do more than one thing at once.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ck.

**** man. That **** sucks. I am really angsty right now. I hope you find you can do work next semester...my place is always open (in the fall anyways), and if you want to smash some then once you get your schedule a little more balanced, I would be glad to have you over.

Peace be with you.

nevershootme

Smash Master
it's the taste of college life, anyways you have 3 grade forgiveness uses should u want to redo that particular class for a better grade and GPA.

as far as dorm life goes at a school, you'll enjoy it at most depending on what you'll do. but i say don't do apartment leases cuz you'll be locked for a full year should u have to move again which may add a bit of frustration to do subleases with people (same case with dorms too), but check out prices between dorms and apartments anyway

sign up for internship jobs for your major since it's one of those big things to do these days (plus u go OOS anyways).

lol i had to juggle between video games, socializing, engineering, and dance while still keeping the 3.0+ GPA

but those are my suggestions anyways.

-Ran

Smash Master
Ouch.

Good luck. Remember this lesson, and don't repeat the mistake again. Some people never learn, and continue the cycle you have just entered for the rest of their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom