• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I never used the shield bubble online

Peck

Smash Apprentice
Ive never used it because it goes smaller too fast for me. Im probably the only one who doesn't use it/.

Chibi-pika

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere in the desert, where cactus grow, and it
I don't use it either because I use nunchuck and i'm used to pressing C for jumping that if i bubble and get knocked to the other side of the screen I can't jump as fast as I normally could and there you go, an instant K.O. for the other opponent. Although I do beat people who use shields :p

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i dont think nunchukkig affects ur ability to get to the shield button. i guess u gotta just know when to use C to jump and when to push up on the stick..

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Well not using a shield against a good player is a huge disavantage.
YOu can´t block, you can´t roll, you can´t shield grab..

Tenki

Smash Hero
Uh...

Well, first off, try this.

Tap shield, and pay attention to how long it takes to come out.

That's how much time you have to account for and do things/think ahead of time.

Once you get used to checking 'ping' this way, you can shield and dodge ahead of time so you can actually avoid getting hit. Heck, you can even do move strings ahead of time and do a flowing juggle/'combo' without much 'idle time' between attacks, if you know how to do them all ahead of time.

Please read here for more info
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176613

Top Bottom