• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need volunteers for Smash Nation (Music, Sound Effects & Narrator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashMan89

Smash Rookie
Remember me?

My game has been in development since january 5th 2011.

My developer needs volunteers for:

Sound Effects
Music
Narrator

The game is near completion. Any help?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
What's your game, and what do you need, music-wise? I'm interested, but what sort of thing is this?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Please present proof of concept first or expect a swiftly locked thread.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'll have to agree with the above 2 posts
I'm tired of seeing threads like this.

4nace

Smash Ace
Well, I actually did not have any proof that I was working on Smash Land when I started the thread haha. I didn't have any work done either. Just a single mock-up and the question - What should the 4 character roster be?

Then again, within a week or so I was posting sprites. I would like to see these threads start producing something to show within a couple of days.

-4nace

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Well, I did research on Google myself, and I did see a forum that did contain an alpha build of the game, and some random screenshots, but it hasn't been active in a few months.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
And then the creator never returned, thus another failure.
The user's profile indicates that he hasn't been on since mid-December.
Well, I actually did not have any proof that I was working on Smash Land when I started the thread haha. I didn't have any work done either. Just a single mock-up and the question - What should the 4 character roster be?

Then again, within a week or so I was posting sprites. I would like to see these threads start producing something to show within a couple of days.

-4nace
Well, your's actually went somewhere and tons of people started to follow it.
These kind of threads, however...

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
@4nace: Can't really argue with that, since I wasn't there at the time, but from what you're saying, the thread started as a poll. It didn't say "The project will include..." other than the obvious roster number, because of the poll.

@GaryCXJk: At least it showed progress. The threads we are getting sick of contain trash such as:

-The project will include this
-No proof whatsoever. Just a worthless text wall and ridiculous statements (Look at the thread where I pointed "fail" at)
-Begging for help (There's a difference between "We are hiring anyone" and "We really need people here!") SmashMan89 doesn't do this **** though.

Since I so god hate this topic: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315531

-Saying that the team can do ridiculous crap and that no one has helped the team in any way (AKA, everything was done from scratch) That means no Brawlbox, no PhantomWings support *coughFilepatchcodecough*, no Dantarion programs, no (OMG, here it comes) PSA program, and the thread talks about moveset modification. WOW!

This thread's going to get locked...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Since I so god hate this topic: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315531

-Saying that the team can do ridiculous crap and that no one has helped the team in any way (AKA, everything was done from scratch) That means no Brawlbox, no PhantomWings support *coughFilepatchcodecough*, no Dantarion programs, no (OMG, here it comes) PSA program, and the thread talks about moveset modification. WOW!

This thread's going to get locked...
Ahh.
That thread was awesome.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
^ Maybe I have different tastes... Everyone else was laughing at the thread, where as the thread was ****ing me off. Locking that thread was one of my christmas wishes.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
^ Maybe I have different tastes... Everyone else was laughing at the thread, where as the thread was ****ing me off. Locking that thread was one of my christmas wishes.
It's a prime example of how noobs start projects and never get anywhere with them.

I said the thread was awesome cuz of how awful it was and how we were ****ing around in it.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
^ Oh I know you were sarcastic about the "awesome" part. I think I need to rephrase.

I was saying that everyone was laughing at how horrible the topic was, while I was ****ed off at the topic because I could write a list of things that are wrong with the project, and Jakandsig will just say "Working on taking pics" or "Read the OP," even though like nothing made sense whatsoever.

I'll give you some examples:

-This made no sense: "With the BGC mod, you can have a Marth that has the Melee Uppercut, the Side Air-dodge from melee, and the brawl uppercut!" (It sounds like Marth can have two Up Bs in one match)

-$234? Project wasn't public until now and there were donations? Also, the donation number seems fake [Hint: What comes after 1? Count some more]

-Standardtoaster: This should be in Brawl Codesets.
Jakandsig : This forum is hard to navigate in the mod area.

-Shadic: "Doesn't matter if you claim to be "working on it" or not.
Until you've "put up" nobody is going to shut off their criticisms and skepticism."

Jakandsig: "If you want something or your order something you wait for it. Perhaps lack of social skills is to balme for this."

His post, not mine.

We have to wait for proof of progress, when this noob could just delay the announcement until he actually has proof.

The list could go on...

EDIT: Looks like we're going off topic on this XD

So I will leave this message to Smashman89:

"No proof = No belief = almost no help with project = locked thread = dead project."

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Seg, just close it. Topics like this have no place here. I was only offering to help IF there was actually some evidence. Looks like this is yet another empty promise...

I'm pretty sure Innerscope listed all of the others, too

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Seg, just close it. Topics like this have no place here. I was only offering to help IF there was actually some evidence. Looks like this is yet another empty promise...

I'm pretty sure Innerscope listed all of the others, too
Umm...

I'm not a mod of this section.
I moderate Customized Content.
I'd close this if I could, though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
As my first order of business as a BCG mod, I deem this thread. CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom